> The Official 2008 NBA Draft Thread
SoxFan1
post May 8 2008, 02:40 AM
Post #16

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 7 2008, 09:41 PM) *
I like him too but he's so small. He'd likely be injury prone. But in terms of running around and creating havoc I think he'd do a good job of that. He also had a good shot. Either way, it would be nice to have him as a backup if Duhon leaves.

With D'Antoni, Love's lack of athleticism could pose problems. Although D'Antoni would love his basketball IQ, passing and ability to stretch the defense, Love struggles to play the up-and-down game. A pure point guard such as Texas' D.J. Augustin, who has modeled his game on Nash's, might be a better pick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/insider/colu...ge=Bulls-080506

Paxson would have a lot of options. In FA, you've got guys like Matt Barnes, Mickael Pietrus, Jose Calderon, Jarvis Hayes, Josh Smith, Josh Childress, J.R. Smith, Kelenna Azuibuke, Andre Igoudala, and Monta Ellis who could flourish in D'Antoni's offense.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
eddog2
post May 10 2008, 12:38 PM
Post #17

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 193

If we get the 9th or 10th pick and we can't trade up what should we do? Should we take the best player available or the position that we need? I've seen some draft boards have us taking Kevin Love, some Randolph, and some Danilo Gallinari.

If we do get the pick who do we take. I've watched Danilo Gallinari on several NBATV specials and he looks pretty good. But he's probably not a PF. He's more of a SF with great range on his jump shot. I'm a huge Deng fan but if we take him we have to trade either Nocioni or Deng. That is of course if Deng doesn't move to SG (which I don't think he'll ever do). Gallinari's coach has already said that he thinks Gallinari will be better than either of the 2 italian's taken in the past 2 years (Bargnani & Marco Bellineli who was taken 18th last year).

If we do indeed get D'Antoni and we do get the 9th or 10th pick I'd say that it's safe to assume we are going to take either Gallinari, Randolph, or possibily DJ Augustin. Gallinari b/c of his ability to create matchup problems with his 6-9 (6'10) frame, his ballhandling abilities, and his great outside shot, Randolph for his rediculous length and athleticism, or Augustin for his ability to run a high paced offense.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post May 10 2008, 02:46 PM
Post #18

Superstar

Member No.: 23

If it was possible to move Deng or Gordon, I'd love to try to package one of them with the 9th pick. Problem is, because of their contract status, it's impossible to trade them pre-draft since they're not under anything other than a qualifying offer. So if we're trying to trade up, we're trying to do so without Deng or Gordon. Which makes it a hell of a lot more difficult.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post May 11 2008, 12:33 PM
Post #19

Leading Scorer

QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 10 2008, 01:47 PM) *
If we get the 9th or 10th pick and we can't trade up what should we do? Should we take the best player available or the position that we need? I've seen some draft boards have us taking Kevin Love, some Randolph, and some Danilo Gallinari.

If we do get the pick who do we take. I've watched Danilo Gallinari on several NBATV specials and he looks pretty good. But he's probably not a PF. He's more of a SF with great range on his jump shot. I'm a huge Deng fan but if we take him we have to trade either Nocioni or Deng. That is of course if Deng doesn't move to SG (which I don't think he'll ever do). Gallinari's coach has already said that he thinks Gallinari will be better than either of the 2 italian's taken in the past 2 years (Bargnani & Marco Bellineli who was taken 18th last year).

If we do indeed get D'Antoni and we do get the 9th or 10th pick I'd say that it's safe to assume we are going to take either Gallinari, Randolph, or possibily DJ Augustin. Gallinari b/c of his ability to create matchup problems with his 6-9 (6'10) frame, his ballhandling abilities, and his great outside shot, Randolph for his rediculous length and athleticism, or Augustin for his ability to run a high paced offense.

I guess this no longer applies.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post May 13 2008, 11:48 PM
Post #20

Superstar

Just want to say, I have no faith in Paxson to make a good pick, no matter the slot. Watch us get #2, someone takes Rose first, and we pass on Beasley for DeAndre Jordan or Jerryd Bayless. Or, we'll pick Beasley and trade him to the Grizzlies for Randolph and Aaron McKie or something.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post May 13 2008, 11:53 PM
Post #21

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 14 2008, 12:57 AM) *
Just want to say, I have no faith in Paxson to make a good pick, no matter the slot. Watch us get #2, someone takes Rose first, and we pass on Beasley for DeAndre Jordan or Jerryd Bayless. Or, we'll pick Beasley and trade him to the Grizzlies for Randolph and Aaron McKie or something.

He's not THAT stupid, the only time he's actually taken a risk was the Tyrus pick, and while I liked Aldridge he wasn't exactly on the same tier as Beasley as a prospect. I do think that they'll probably screw it up in the high likelyhood that they don't end up with #1 or #2 though.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post May 14 2008, 07:51 PM
Post #22

Superstar

Member No.: 73

I'd spiff a brick if we got anywhere below number 7. We may have a shot at OJ Mayo though, with his recent news about the money issue.. I don't know though.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post May 14 2008, 09:10 PM
Post #23

All-Star

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 14 2008, 09:00 PM) *
I'd spiff a brick if we got anywhere below number 7. We may have a shot at OJ Mayo though, with his recent news about the money issue.. I don't know though.

It doesn't sound like the NBA people really care about that at all, I'd be pretty surprised if he fell out of the top-5. In fact, he's starting to look like the consensus #3. I could really see a Durant-like rookie year from him anyways: very good point totals but not a whole lot else while playing for a bad team. Obviously the hope is that he'll improve his decision making both in shot selection and passing, but who knows what to expect there.

+Quote Post
ChWRoCk2
post May 14 2008, 09:33 PM
Post #24

6th Man

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 14 2008, 12:57 AM) *

I for one would have no problem with DeAndre Jordan, he has a lot of potential, however on the offense side of the ball he is basically a clone of Ben Wallace. We could use some serious size down low, I still love the move to get Gooden because we badly needed the good post player but I miss that defensive force in the post.

Hopefully Paxson does his homework for this draft there are some nice upside players projected to go in the second round, one guy being Lester Hudson. If we don't take a guard in rd 1 I think you take him or Courtney Lee in rd 2.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post May 14 2008, 09:39 PM
Post #25

Superstar

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ May 14 2008, 10:42 PM) *
I for one would have no problem with DeAndre Jordan, he has a lot of potential, however on the offense side of the ball he is basically a clone of Ben Wallace. We could use some serious size down low, I still love the move to get Gooden because we badly needed the good post player but I miss that defensive force in the post.

Hopefully Paxson does his homework for this draft there are some nice upside players projected to go in the second round, one guy being Lester Hudson. If we don't take a guard in rd 1 I think you take him or Courtney Lee in rd 2.

Your not talking about at number 3 right? Maybe 9 or 10 but this guy didn't impress me at all when I watched him a few times in college. He is slow on defense, doesn't rotate well, he will get in bigger foul trouble than Tyrus Thomas next year which is scary, and he doesn't have a single reliable post move to go to and thats sad when your 7'0 or whatever he is; but.. The silver lining to him is that he's extremely young and has a big body to put on more muscle. He looks like Dwight Howard when he's out on the court but plays nothing like him. So if we were to take him, I'd be skeptical but I could live with it only if there wasn't any good guards out there.

+Quote Post
ChWRoCk2
post May 14 2008, 10:15 PM
Post #26

6th Man

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 14 2008, 10:48 PM) *
Your not talking about at number 3 right? Maybe 9 or 10 but this guy didn't impress me at all when I watched him a few times in college. He is slow on defense, doesn't rotate well, he will get in bigger foul trouble than Tyrus Thomas next year which is scary, and he doesn't have a single reliable post move to go to and thats sad when your 7'0 or whatever he is; but.. The silver lining to him is that he's extremely young and has a big body to put on more muscle. He looks like Dwight Howard when he's out on the court but plays nothing like him. So if we were to take him, I'd be skeptical but I could live with it only if there wasn't any good guards out there.

No, definitely wouldn't take Jordan at number 3.

To me he just makes the most sense since we are missing a big man down low. Teams beat us up pretty good in the post after Wallace left.

We have too many guards so I don't see us taking a guard, if one of BG or Hughes or someone leaves then I have no problem with a guard but I'd rather fill what appears to be our biggest need which is a center/pf.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post May 14 2008, 10:16 PM
Post #27

Superstar

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 14 2008, 09:00 PM) *

As far as I know, the Bulls can only be 1, 2, 3, or 9 in the draft lottery.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ May 14 2008, 10:42 PM) *

The only man in this draft who could possibly be more hated by me than Tyrus (and actually suck worse than Tyrus) is DeAndre Jordan. He averaged 7.9 points in college. He blows. In his last 5 games of the season:

DNP
5 minutes, 0 points
4 minutes, 1 point
5 minutes, 0 points
15 minutes, 6 points
Reason for edit: DeAndre Jordan sucks and would put shame to the last name in Bulls history

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post May 14 2008, 10:24 PM
Post #28

All-Star

I don't think I could deal with a Noah-Tyrus-Jordan frontcourt for the next 5-10 years. So many guys with so little offensive ability...

Seriously, the guy averaged like 8 points and 6 boards at Texas A&M and didn't even start most of the year. He's a massive project. Tyrus Thomas was considerably better than him in college, that's a scary thought. MAYBE you end up with Andrew Bynum, but it'll be at least 2 years before you find out, and more likely 3.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post May 15 2008, 06:34 PM
Post #29

Leading Scorer

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 14 2008, 11:33 PM) *
I don't think I could deal with a Noah-Tyrus-Jordan frontcourt for the next 5-10 years. So many guys with so little offensive ability...

Seriously, the guy averaged like 8 points and 6 boards at Texas A&M and didn't even start most of the year. He's a massive project. Tyrus Thomas was considerably better than him in college, that's a scary thought. MAYBE you end up with Andrew Bynum, but it'll be at least 2 years before you find out, and more likely 3.

If we take Jordan I'm done with Paxson. While we may have too many guards and SF's I don't care if we take another one. We need to take a player with star potential. If we get the 3rd pick I think we have to seriously consider drafting Bayless and trading Gordon. If we get 9 it's hard. If Randolph is there we have to take a chance on him. If Gordon is there we need to consider it but only if we can deal the other Gordon. But if Mayo, Bayless, Gordon, & Randolph are off the board I think we have to go with Love if he's still there. He's not likely to be a star but he's pretty good offensively and he's a great passer. Just having his passing ability out of the post should help. He's not fast or athletic but he did post some pretty good numbers as a freshman.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post May 16 2008, 12:13 AM
Post #30

Superstar

QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 15 2008, 07:43 PM) *
If we take Jordan I'm done with Paxson. While we may have too many guards and SF's I don't care if we take another one. We need to take a player with star potential. If we get the 3rd pick I think we have to seriously consider drafting Bayless and trading Gordon. If we get 9 it's hard. If Randolph is there we have to take a chance on him. If Gordon is there we need to consider it but only if we can deal the other Gordon. But if Mayo, Bayless, Gordon, & Randolph are off the board I think we have to go with Love if he's still there. He's not likely to be a star but he's pretty good offensively and he's a great passer. Just having his passing ability out of the post should help. He's not fast or athletic but he did post some pretty good numbers as a freshman.

Jordan isn't really even worthy of a 1st round pick. I'd be utterly disappointed if we took him with the 9th pick. It would probably be the only pick worse than Tyrus Thomas. He sat on the bench in college so he's a lottery pick in the NBA? My god. If we get #9, Augustin or Love is who I want. If we get 1-2, it's obviously either Rose or Beasley, whichever is there. If we get #3, I want Lopez or Mayo.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:59 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home