IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Randolph Morris, 6-11 free agent playing for kentucky...
TeaLeafReaderII
post Mar 10 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #1

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

Anyone get a chance to see this kid? He entered the draft and wasn't drafted so technically he is a free agent... he said he won't abandon his midseason, but their season is ending real soon... he had a great game in a losing effort last night...

I think Pax should make a move for this kid... especially with Malik Allen's heart problems...

He might not be able to help in the playoffs, in fact, I'm not sure that they will be able to sign him in time... but he is a young tall kid and he will certainly be useful next season.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Mar 10 2007, 09:58 PM
Post #2

Starter

Member No.: 84

I'd love to get Morris. He'd be a nice presence to have down low, and allow us to really shop around that #1 since Morris would kinda be like a 1st rounder himself. However, I'm sure that there will be some team that is willing to give him more money than he's worth, and I don't want to get into a bidding war over him. So, unless we can get him for a few million, then let him go elsewhere.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Mar 11 2007, 01:46 PM
Post #3

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

i wouold love to get him

he's exactly what we need, though of course it's debateable how much a rookie could help right now

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Mar 11 2007, 02:16 PM
Post #4

Starter

Member No.: 84

Yeah, I don't think we'd be expecting him to do too much this year or even next year. However, he'd be a great prospect to have on the team, just learning the ropes of the NBA. Meanwhile, we use our Knicks pick in a trade for a good veteran, which makes it not as important for Morris to produce right away.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Mar 11 2007, 10:08 PM
Post #5

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 193

It would be amazing if the Bulls could sign Morris. He has a tendency to not work hard when he isn't getting the ball or when things aren't going his way, but he has all the tools and ability to be a very productive PF as an NBA player. You look at how he handled Tyler Hansbrough when they played UNC and you see how good he can be when he actually tries. He reminds me of Jamal Magloire. A big guy that can score and has talent but that has never really put it together. He'll have a good game and then struggle.

With that being said, he's having a pretty good year. 15.8 ppg (59.2% FG), 7.7 rpg and 2 blocks in only 27.4 minutes. That's not bad. Plus he's done a better job staying out of foul trouble this year. In his last game against Mississippi St. he made a nice audition for the pros with his 29 point, 15 board, 2 steal, 3 block performance. It was his best performance of the season.

I hope we get Morris b/c he would make Wallace's job a lot easier. However, I think a team like San Antonio would be willing to outbid the Bulls in the Morris sweepstakes. Especially since they could use another quality power forward.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Mar 12 2007, 12:21 AM
Post #6

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

Morris could be a steal, he has some serious talent and has really gotten more consistent this year. Effort is really the only question with him.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Mar 12 2007, 09:24 AM
Post #7

Skills Competitor

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Mar 11 2007, 11:01 PM) *
I hope we get Morris b/c he would make Wallace's job a lot easier. However, I think a team like San Antonio would be willing to outbid the Bulls in the Morris sweepstakes. Especially since they could use another quality power forward.

Do the Spurs have the cap flexability to make a real run at him? Bulls could pay him some nominal amount for the remainder of this season... then kick his salary up next year using the space garnered from PJ's contract ending.

+Quote Post
truthandbasketba...
post Mar 12 2007, 10:01 AM
Post #8

6th Man

Member No.: 256

Please let us land this kid! We need another big body now more than ever with Malik and Noc out. This is eerily shaping up like when we lost Eddy and Lu a couple years back right before the playoffs. Learn from experience and make a move now Pax.

Note - Before anyone goes off the deep end I am not comparing Eddy to Malik talentwise biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
soxfan3530
post Mar 12 2007, 11:25 AM
Post #9

Bench

Member No.: 392

if malik is out for a while sign me up!

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Mar 13 2007, 09:39 AM
Post #10

All-Star

Member No.: 21

Morris would be a great add for the Bulls. And if I understand this correctly, because he is a free agent, he could start as soon at the Kentucky season is over, correct?

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Mar 13 2007, 10:28 AM
Post #11

Skills Competitor

QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Mar 13 2007, 10:32 AM) *
Morris would be a great add for the Bulls. And if I understand this correctly, because he is a free agent, he could start as soon at the Kentucky season is over, correct?

He could quit school right now and start playing if he wanted to.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Mar 20 2007, 02:40 PM
Post #12

Skills Competitor

Kentucky is out of it... Pax, start bugging this kid. Even if Malik is healthy... Morris can take Martynas or Barrets roster spot.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Mar 20 2007, 03:03 PM
Post #13

All-Star

Bump Barrett. We have tons of depth at the guards, and we need the big body with the injury situation now.

Any word on what the kid is going to do? Is there any other interest in him from teams.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Mar 20 2007, 03:11 PM
Post #14

Skills Competitor

QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Mar 20 2007, 03:56 PM) *
Bump Barrett. We have tons of depth at the guards, and we need the big body with the injury situation now.

Any word on what the kid is going to do? Is there any other interest in him from teams.

There has to be interest in him, he has all the tools of a lottery pick, the only question is wether he is willing to leave school.
I read an si article on him around december. it sounded like he was really humbled by not being drafted and he feels indebted to Tubby for letting him come back to Kentucky. So there is a chance he might play out his final year... but I gotto believe his tone will change when he starts having NBA execs leaving 7 digit numbers on his answering machine.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Mar 20 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #15

All-Star

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Mar 20 2007, 04:04 PM) *
There has to be interest in him, he has all the tools of a lottery pick, the only question is wether he is willing to leave school.
I read an si article on him around december. it sounded like he was really humbled by not being drafted and he feels indebted to Tubby for letting him come back to Kentucky. So there is a chance he might play out his final year... but I gotto believe his tone will change when he starts having NBA execs leaving 7 digit numbers on his answering machine.

Does he really project out that highly? In all seriousness, I can't imagine he improved his "draft position" that much with this year. In a situation like the Bulls, he would be a great pick up as they have no real solid depth at the big positions, but for most teams he would be down the bench as a 10th, 11th, or 12th man. I would be curious to hear what the interest level really is around the NBA for this kid.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:21 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home