Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Boylan: "Bulls just shut it off" against Minny
Balta1701-B
post Jan 31 2008, 11:31 AM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

He kinda half says that the team just quit on him, denies it, but that sure sounds like what's coming across.
"Some guys out there just seemed to shut it off," Boylan said. "That was disappointing to see."

Such words enter the dangerous area of accusing players of quitting. Which is why Boylan was asked if he meant that.

"Just shut it off," Boylan said. "They stopped playing with energy. They stopped playing with focus. They went into their own little worlds, acting kind of childish at times instead of doing what we know we need to do."

While this might not rival Tim Floyd's classic line claiming the Bulls couldn't beat a "snappy junior high team" after a franchise-worst 53-point loss in this same building on Nov. 8, 2001, it nevertheless piqued players' interest.

"I don't know if he meant unprofessional, immature, I don't know," guard Kirk Hinrich said. "It was a big game for us and we just didn't have it. That wasn't NBA basketball out there offensively. In the second half, things came pretty easily for them at the other end."

Asked what he thought Boylan meant, Ben Wallace said: "It is what it is. I don't know. Gotta ask him."

What did Wallace see?

"I seen everything going wrong," he said. "We didn't execute. We didn't defend."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Jan 31 2008, 12:31 PM
Post #2

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

Is there a paticular reason Paxson can't find a permanent head coach midseason? Is there some upcoming free agent coming up? Does he have his eyes on someone he expects to be fired. Is there some rule preventing him from interviewing another teams assistant coach midseason? Why are we being forced to watch a career assistant coach struggle to fill a position he clearly isn't qualified for?

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jan 31 2008, 02:13 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jan 31 2008, 10:40 AM) *
Is there a paticular reason Paxson can't find a permanent head coach midseason? Is there some upcoming free agent coming up? Does he have his eyes on someone he expects to be fired. Is there some rule preventing him from interviewing another teams assistant coach midseason? Why are we being forced to watch a career assistant coach struggle to fill a position he clearly isn't qualified for?

I think it's almost impossible to find a permanent coach midseason. Most of the coaches in the league seem to want to bring in their own system, their own assistants, their own offense, their own defense. Stuff like that simply takes time.

+Quote Post
MB33
post Jan 31 2008, 03:04 PM
Post #4

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 477

Its getting ridiculous they might have been tired but you cant loose to this kind of team if you want to make the playoffs.Also showed again how we died by the jumpshot.Time to start kirk thabo,tyrus,gray,noah give them meaningful minutes.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:04 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home