IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Suns considering dealing Amare, Latest: Marc Stein Reports Suns Holding on to Amare (2/16 - 8:25 PM)
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jan 24 2009, 03:43 PM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

The Phoenix Suns are reportedly considering trading Leandro Barbosa and could even entertain trading Amare Stoudemire, according to a source.

Stoudemire has an early-termination option after the 2009-10 season and, if he doesn't exercise it, would be an unrestricted free agent seeking a max deal in 2011.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/11294057

Could you imagine Derrick Rose paired with Amare Stoudemire? It probably doesn't have a snow balls chance in hell of happening but its certainly worth talking about. I remember Amare talking a while back about how he grew up loving the Bulls and he said recently that he'd like to be "The Man" on a team.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MB33
post Jan 24 2009, 05:39 PM
Post #2

6th Man

Member No.: 477

with pax running the show I doubt it!I will be very surprise if we get him!

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jan 24 2009, 07:06 PM
Post #3

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

I'm not surprised that they "may" consider it, he doesn't seem to be happy with the current regime or with how he's losing post touches to Shaq, the chances seem to be good that he'll opt out the way things are going. I'm sure they don't want to, but it may be a Brand-like situation from 2001. That said, I seriously doubt the Bulls have the ammo.

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Jan 25 2009, 01:27 AM
Post #4

6th Man

Member No.: 781

amare would love it here.

he would get 99.9% of post touches, esp. if we trade tyrus/noah/gray to get him.

he would be able to play with a playmaker in rose.

he would be the lone proven superstar on the team.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jan 25 2009, 01:35 AM
Post #5

Superstar

The only thing we'd have to offer that I'd consider our best package would be.

Luol Deng + Drew Gooden + Joakim Noah + 1st round pick

They could use an upgrade at small forward, so Deng makes sense for them and Drew Gooden could atleast give them a guy that can shoot the 15-18 foot shot after Amare leaves with a mild offensive game. Joakim Noah is basically a filler to get the contracts to work and I'm not so sure they'd want him because they already have Robin Lopez.

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Jan 25 2009, 06:24 AM
Post #6

Bench

Member No.: 163

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jan 25 2009, 02:35 AM) *
The only thing we'd have to offer that I'd consider our best package would be.

Luol Deng + Drew Gooden + Joakim Noah + 1st round pick

They could use an upgrade at small forward, so Deng makes sense for them and Drew Gooden could atleast give them a guy that can shoot the 15-18 foot shot after Amare leaves with a mild offensive game. Joakim Noah is basically a filler to get the contracts to work and I'm not so sure they'd want him because they already have Robin Lopez.

I would definitley do that. Deng has regressed tremendously over the past 2 years, Noah will never be more than role player with energy and Gooden is on his last year of his contract...

Hell any sort of change will be good at this point in time....

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Jan 31 2009, 06:35 PM
Post #7

6th Man

Member No.: 61

Seems like this is really growing some legs out here too....

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/artic...30spt-suns.html

+Quote Post
MB33
post Feb 5 2009, 08:28 PM
Post #8

6th Man

Member No.: 477

trade everyone xcept rose tyrus and thabo

+Quote Post
heirdog
post Feb 5 2009, 09:01 PM
Post #9

Rookie

Member No.: 171

Any deal would have to involve either Deng or Thomas, along with Kirk and draft picks and then either Gooden or Hughes. I personally would say good riddance to Deng but management will probably bid adieu to Thomas. Unfortunately, Amare would then leave in 2010 and we'd be stuck with the oft-injured Deng "who is almost on the cusp of greatness...blah blah blah" while Thomas would be a 24 yr old stud defender dominating the defensive paint.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 5 2009, 10:27 PM
Post #10

Superstar

If were getting Amare- Deng, Thomas, and Gooden + picks have to be involved.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Feb 6 2009, 01:20 AM
Post #11

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Feb 5 2009, 11:27 PM) *
If were getting Amare- Deng, Thomas, and Gooden + picks have to be involved.

I'd do it.

Rose
Gordon
Nocioni
Stoudemire
Noah

Not the greatest team in the world, but good enough for now. Make a solid free agent signing or two, plus a smart draft, and the team will really start to take shape. Honestly, we have to do something and getting an All-Star big man to couple with Rose would be the perfect way to get the ball rolling.

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Feb 6 2009, 11:11 AM
Post #12

6th Man

Member No.: 781

There's no way Pax trades Deng after the way he's played the last few weeks.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 6 2009, 11:25 AM
Post #13

Superstar

QUOTE (Sanitarium @ Feb 6 2009, 11:11 AM) *
There's no way Pax trades Deng after the way he's played the last few weeks.

Would you trade Deng for all the money in the world + eternal life??

Here's something from KC.. Talks about how the Bulls may have what it takes to land Amare!

The Stoudemire and Bosh situations will be fascinating to watch between now and the Feb. 19 trade deadline. If someone told me that one would be moved for sure, my money would be on Stoudemire. The intriguing element to the recent excellent analysis piece by Paul Coro, the Suns' beat writer for the Arizona Republic, is that those thoughts about moving Stoudemire now to maximize value were his but I have to believe nobody from the organization frowned upon him writing them. Now that's not to say Stoudemire will be moved, just that there's now the impression around the league that it could happen. And if it does, the Bulls would definitely have to consider it strongly. Yahoo! Sports reported Thursday that the Suns are listening to proposals and their wish list -- expiring contracts, young talent, draft picks -- sound like the Bulls' laundry list of what they can offer. As fun as it would be to pair Rose and Stoudemire together, there are plenty of concerns surrounding Stoudemire too. He would need a huge extension, making this your one big move to lock in on and move forward. He's not a very interested defender. And he's had microfracture surgery. That's why Paxson makes the big bucks and I answer Q&As.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baske...0,7933475.story

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Feb 6 2009, 11:38 AM
Post #14

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Feb 6 2009, 09:25 AM) *
Would you trade Deng for all the money in the world + eternal life??

Here's something from KC.. Talks about how the Bulls may have what it takes to land Amare!
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baske...0,7933475.story

If the Bulls wanted to go all out for him, I think that even without including Rose they probably can beat the offer of anyone in the league. Between Deng, Noah, and Thomas as young, talented guys, 1 of whom is cheap, and expiring contracts in Hughes and Gooden, and a # 1 pick this year that's probably going to be somewhere in the teens, they've got the pieces to do it.

The question is...do you want to go all out for a guy like Amare? Let's say we can do that move without Deng, but it costs Noah and Thomas and eats up essentially all of our cap room/luxury tax space, so we're suddenly without a center, we only have the MLE next year, and we have less space under the luxury tax than before so Gordon's almost guaranteed to walk, and we have no #1 pick to try to add in anyone else this year. Is that the best move for the Bulls' future?

I'm just not sure I'd be willing to bet the entire farm on Amare. For example, if they asked for both Tyrus and Noah, I might well want the cap-filler to be Hinrich's contract rather than Gooden's contract, because that way we move Kirk off of our list and keep just a little bit for ourselves so that we can move on either Gordon or a new C this offseason.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 6 2009, 11:46 AM
Post #15

Superstar

IMO you HAVE to keep atleast one of Tyrus or Joakim; if not, then your left with big fatty Aaron Gray starting at center and we'd be the worst defensive team of all time. TT and Noah are both playing very well over the past 10 games or so, but if the Suns are going for a more defensive oriented team Joakim might be more valued as their PF over Tyrus to play with Shaq. If there goal is to get rid of Amare so Shaq can have the ball more, they're not going to want to get a highly talented big man to replace Amare because they'd have the same exact problem. The key is Luol Deng. He would be a HUGE upgrade at SF for Phoenix and a pick in the teens might help them a little come draft time. If your left with

Rose
Gordon
Nocioni
Tyrus
Amare

I think that is a decent starting lineup though I don't like Nocioni and we now have no depth at our forward/center spots. It's a choice John Paxson has to make. Maybe then he deals Larry Hughes and Nocioni for someone to help solidify our depth; then we'd be set. The ball is in his court.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:04 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home