Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jermaine O'Neal, what will it take
bulls91
post Mar 20 2006, 07:44 PM
Post #1

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 70

i looked in a sports illistrated a little while ago and it said that the most likey players to be moved and one of them was Jermaine O'Neal coming to the bulls what do you think it will take.

i think that give them ben gordon the bulls first round and the future second round pick. then with new yorks first pick to draft Roy that would also give them the missing part of the puzzle from the departure of reggie miller

what do you think what trade would be better if you do not agree with my trade idea.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Mar 20 2006, 08:51 PM
Post #2

Guests

QUOTE (bulls91 @ Mar 20 2006, 07:37 PM)
i looked in a sports illistrated a little while ago and it said that the most likey players to be moved and one of them was Jermaine O'Neal coming to the bulls what do you think it will take.

i think that give them ben gordon the bulls first round and the future second round pick. then with new yorks first pick to draft Roy that would also give them the missing part of the puzzle from the departure of reggie miller

what do you think what trade would be better if you do not agree with my trade idea.

lol ur as much obsessed with Roy as I am with Carney biggrin.gif . But I think it might be a little early to draft him that early. Perhaps in ur case we trade down and pick up a 2nd rounder and pickup Augy!

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Mar 21 2006, 10:44 AM
Post #3

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

It's still going to take a fairly good package to get him, although it won't be as bad as Garnett. He's been more injury prone, and I've heard rumblings that the Pacers want to deal him.

They'll still need some valuable pieces though. If you're referencing the same article I think you are, the writer suggested Hinrich and the Knick's pick for O'Neal. That might be a little steep, but it gives you an idea. Our current players don't fit that well with the Pacers, but talent-wise I think it'd take at least Gordon, Duhon, and either the Knicks' pick or our pick and a future first rounder. Hopefully it wouldn't take Hinrich, Deng or Chandler, but it's hard to say how badly they want to unload O'Neal.

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Mar 21 2006, 12:00 PM
Post #4

6th Man

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 21 2006, 10:37 AM)
It's still going to take a fairly good package to get him, although it won't be as bad as Garnett. He's been more injury prone, and I've heard rumblings that the Pacers want to deal him.

They'll still need some valuable pieces though. If you're referencing the same article I think you are, the writer suggested Hinrich and the Knick's pick for O'Neal. That might be a little steep, but it gives you an idea. Our current players don't fit that well with the Pacers, but talent-wise I think it'd take at least Gordon, Duhon, and either the Knicks' pick or our pick and a future first rounder. Hopefully it wouldn't take Hinrich, Deng or Chandler, but it's hard to say how badly they want to unload O'Neal.

the olny reason that i do not think that they will deal hinrich is that he is skiles favorite player on the team just like kidd was when he coached in arizona.

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Mar 21 2006, 12:04 PM
Post #5

6th Man

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Mar 20 2006, 08:44 PM)
lol ur as much obsessed with Roy as I am with Carney biggrin.gif . But I think it might be a little early to draft him that early. Perhaps in ur case we trade down and pick up a 2nd rounder and pickup Augy!

did you see him shut down Dee Brown in the turnament game he has good shots around the basketball and can creat his own shot and excellent D if we could get him in our first pick that would be a great steal. cheers.gif snr.gif cheers.gif

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Mar 21 2006, 12:41 PM
Post #6

All-Star

QUOTE (bulls91 @ Mar 21 2006, 11:53 AM)
the olny reason that i do not think that they will deal hinrich is that he is skiles favorite player on the team just like kidd was when he coached in arizona.

I didn't say they would trade, him, that's just what the writer seemed to think the going rate was.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Mar 21 2006, 12:41 PM
Post #7

All-Star

The only way I'd take Roy is if we can't get a decent big man. That's a much bigger need.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Mar 21 2006, 04:18 PM
Post #8

All-Star

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 21 2006, 08:37 AM)

If we could center the package around cap savings for the Pacers, a draft pick, and than Gordon and another one of our lesser players I would pull the trigger in a heart-beat.

O'Neal is a defensive stud, can score in the post, and would give this team two above average interior players. The only potential inside weakness would be the lack of strenght when it comes to playing massive centers like Shaq. However, there are so few of them in the league that it woudln't be a concern.

Plus by making that trade package we are able to keep our nucleus of players (Deng/Hinrich) and still have another solid draft pick to add something. We'd probably have to use the MLE on someone as well, because making the trade would likely put us right near the cap.

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Mar 21 2006, 05:30 PM
Post #9

6th Man

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 21 2006, 12:34 PM)
The only way I'd take Roy is if we can't get a decent big man. That's a much bigger need.

well i think that if we get jermaine then he will persent some points down low for us or do you thik that we need another big player as well.

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Mar 21 2006, 05:35 PM
Post #10

6th Man

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 21 2006, 12:34 PM)

Roy could become the next Wade if he workes he can creat his own shoot as will as play good D.

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Mar 21 2006, 06:21 PM
Post #11

6th Man

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 21 2006, 10:37 AM)

we could might as well just give them sweetney because he is just warming the bench for the other players and he will give them a low post scorer to make up for some of the points that o'neal would have.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Mar 22 2006, 09:17 AM
Post #12

All-Star

Member No.: 21

As much as I would like to see ONeal on this team, I just can't see the Pacers trading their star within their division. I could be wrong as we have dealt with Indiana before, but it is just a hunch.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Mar 22 2006, 11:37 AM
Post #13

Superstar

Member No.: 23

As much sense as it would make for the Pacers to try to deal O'Neal while he still has value, I just think he's too much of an injury risk after the last 2 seasons. He'd be immediately better than anything we could get in the draft...but only in games where he played. And after a few years, it's possible that what we could get in the draft will put up numbers equal to his or better and actually play most of the season. Both methods are gambles, but I think the cheaper, younger, safer route is the draft in this case.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Mar 22 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #14

All-Star

Injuries have definitely become a major concern with O'Neal. It'd be a bit risky to take on that big a salary while also giving up at least some solid talent. I almost hate to say this, but it's conceivable that he's moving towards the dreaded Chris Webber/Antonio McDyess zone, where he's just not the same player anymore. It's definitely a bit more risky than going after Pierce or Garnett.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Mar 22 2006, 12:17 PM
Post #15

All-Star

QUOTE (bulls91 @ Mar 21 2006, 05:28 PM)
Roy could become the next Wade if he workes he can creat his own shoot as will as play good D.

Even if he does become the next Wade (which is highly unlikely), that doesn't really help our team that much. First off, it'd probably take at least two years for him to get to the kind of performance level that Wade is currently at. Secondly, we'd still have a massive hole in the middle that is holding us back, something that isn't really an issue on Miami. There are a lot more good shooting guards on crappy teams than there are big guys.

It'd be pretty ludicrous for us to take Roy over Aldridge, or possibly even some of the other big guys. Unless the guard in question is considerably better than the big guy would take, which doesn't seem likely in this draft, we gotta go with the big guy to try to help our team.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:45 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home