Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cavs & Bulls, 1/15/09, 7:00 CST, TNT
Balta1701-B
post Jan 15 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

National game tonight. Cavs visit Chicago. Last time, Ben Wallace was scoring like crazy on us inside. That was a bad sign.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jan 15 2009, 02:08 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

Won't be able to see any of this probably. I've got this stupid gay ass digital photography class at 6-8:45! Probably wouldn't be worth the time ne ways, we will just get embarrassed by these guys like last time.

+Quote Post
Cowch
post Jan 15 2009, 06:51 PM
Post #3

Bench

Member No.: 64

Well, I sure HOPE that we can play well and maybe win, but Cleveland has made us look really terrible this year, not that we're great, but seriously, we suck against them. We should ask the Wizards how they do it!

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Jan 15 2009, 10:21 PM
Post #4

6th Man

Member No.: 781

WOW can't believe i missed watching this game... sad.gif

did deng look good?

edit: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gamecenter/re...0090115_CLE@CHI

but Deng put the Cavaliers away with back-to-back 3-pointers from the left corner

What the HELL am I going crazy?!?!

+Quote Post
jorgefabregas
post Jan 15 2009, 10:30 PM
Post #5

Rookie

Member No.: 1,933

One of them had a crazy bounce. Nice win. Seemed kinda fluky, though (Deng's shot, etc.).

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jan 15 2009, 10:41 PM
Post #6

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

i had a good feeling about this game, i dont know why. they looked like the old bulls when we used to win by hustle and pure energy, and everyone used to call us scrappy. is it me or do they seem to be playing with a different mindset since kirk has came back? deng looked good again, tyrus was huge on the defensive end, and rose came up big towards the end. big win at home for us. that delonte west injury was nasty.

+Quote Post
Cowch
post Jan 15 2009, 10:53 PM
Post #7

Bench

Both of Rose's And 1s were AWESOME! It is really nice to see Rose getting all the attention and throwing it to a wing and them making it. It's what everyone wanted to happen. Tyrus is playing like a different player right now, hopefully this is the Tyrus we will see from here on. I forgot how much I missed Kirk. It's crazy we won with some bad shooting performances. This game made my night.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jan 16 2009, 12:48 AM
Post #8

Superstar

The emergence of Tyrus Thomas is having a big effect on the team, also Kirk and Deng finally back! The team looks alot more like Skiles defensive team and I applaud for Vinny in benching Hughes! This was a huge win for us and I have a good feeling about the next couple of weeks. I'm glad Kirk's back. He has brought focus on defense to this team and its contagious. Tyrus stealing Lebron's soul late in the fourth was crazy, it was orgasmic- and then he continued to be a dominant defender near the rim. I didn't get to see the first half but this surprised me. Lebron didn't have as good of a game as his stats might indicate, we held him in check and Rose redeemed himself in overtime finding his shooters to pull out a victory. Great win! Now we gotta keep it up.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jan 16 2009, 01:45 AM
Post #9

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jan 16 2009, 01:48 AM) *
The emergence of Tyrus Thomas is having a big effect on the team

That is one of the most incorrect statements I have EVER heard.

+Quote Post
Cowch
post Jan 16 2009, 10:44 AM
Post #10

Bench

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 16 2009, 12:45 AM) *

It's certainly not hurting them. I would sooo love Tyrus to average something like 13-15 pts, 9-10 reb, 2-3 blocks, and 1-2 steals. Of course that is wishful thinking, but that would be really valuable. He looked like a stud guarding Lebron. Every time he switched to him I got excited.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jan 16 2009, 10:59 AM
Post #11

All-Star

Member No.: 43

Geez, getting a little nuts about one game. 2 days ago we were ready to dump everyone on the roster...

Tyrus has been better of late, but he's still only had 4 good ones out of 8 this month and is averaging a decent-but-not-stellar 10-6 on 43% shooting. The Bulls are 5-5 in their last 10, but that includes home loses to the T-Wolves and Thunder. banghead.gif They're still the same team, they just came up with a good night.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jan 16 2009, 11:03 AM
Post #12

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

Wow, a shooting team got hot and won a game. Big freaking whoop. This team still blows.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jan 16 2009, 11:13 AM
Post #13

Superstar

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jan 16 2009, 09:03 AM) *
Wow, a shooting team got hot and won a game. Big freaking whoop. This team still blows.

They shot 44% from the field. They were 7/13 from 3 land, but that's not a lot of attempts. You're still right on the latter part, but hot shooting didn't win that for them.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jan 16 2009, 12:19 PM
Post #14

Superstar

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 16 2009, 01:45 AM) *

Actually its not.. Not at all. He has played some tremendous defense lately and it's helping alot.. Just look at last nights game. Without Tyrus last night, we would have lost the game.

Like I said, with Hughes benched forever now, Vinny has gone with the youth movement- (I'm not sure why Gooden isn't starting anymore, maybe someone could clear that up, I've been pretty busy lately..) With Kirk back, I "think" the team gets a trigger effect from his defense. Were not a great defense or even a above average defense by any means still, but its better than being a piss poor/god awful defense.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jan 16 2009, 01:18 PM
Post #15

Superstar

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jan 16 2009, 10:19 AM) *
Actually its not.. Not at all. He has played some tremendous defense lately and it's helping alot.. Just look at last nights game. Without Tyrus last night, we would have lost the game.

Like I said, with Hughes benched forever now, Vinny has gone with the youth movement- (I'm not sure why Gooden isn't starting anymore, maybe someone could clear that up, I've been pretty busy lately..) With Kirk back, I "think" the team gets a trigger effect from his defense. Were not a great defense or even a above average defense by any means still, but its better than being a piss poor/god awful defense.

Gooden sat on Tuesday after re-injuring himself, although it was supposedly minor.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:33 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home