IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 5 Burning Questions!!
Guest_B-4-Bulls_*
post Mar 21 2006, 06:28 PM
Post #1

Guests

1. Will the Bulls Make the Playoffs This year?
2. Will they make it next year?
3. Will Skiles be fired if they do not make them next year?
4. Will we make a HUGE deal this summer (draft also)?
5. Will the Knicks Suck next year as well?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_B-4-Bulls_*
post Mar 21 2006, 06:28 PM
Post #2

Guests

I say...

1. NO
2. YES
3. YES
4. NO
5. YES

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Mar 21 2006, 06:39 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

No
Yes
No
Yes
Yes

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Mar 21 2006, 06:41 PM
Post #4

All-Star

Member No.: 3

I am resigned to the fact that this team will fall short in its bid for the playoffs. We have struggled too much when it comes to closing games. Its dissapointing because I think we are better than at least a few of the teams that will get in, but at the same time I understand we had to take a step backwards because of the Curry situation.

Yes; I expect Hinrich/Deng/Noc/Chandler all to be back in Chicago next year. Along with that core group I expect a low post player (Aldridge or O'Neal/Garnett). This team can't continue to rely on the perimeter shot and I will be calling for Paxson's firing if he doesn't find some viable low post options that can help this team make the next step.

We also need to find a good shooting guard who can defend the bigger SG's. That means buh bye Ben Gordon.

I'm undecided on this. If we are entirely healthy and Paxson makes the right moves and this team doesn't make the playoffs, I'd think the Bulls would consider it. That said the right coach has to be out there to hire. I'm not too worried about this though, Skiles is a very good coach. I'm more concerne with Paxson making the necessary moves to give Skiles the tools to bring this team to the next level.

Yes. This team will be agressive, whether its in the draft/free agency or the trade front. I expect at least one low post player to come (probably via draft, but there is the outside possibility of a trade). Along with that I think you'll see the Bulls work hard to find a big shooting guard. However, they may find more of a stop gap at this position and try to position themselves for another chip the following free agent market (with the Bulls still making the playoffs next year).

The Knicks will be bad, but they will be better. I don't expect to get Oden with the Knicks pick. If Thomas can get his head out of his ass, he should be able to change the team enough (by trading away his plethora of guards). That said I wouldn't be shocked if he made some more awful moves, but Larry Brown (while way over-rated) is too good not to at least get the ship semi righted.

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Mar 21 2006, 06:46 PM
Post #5

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 70

QUOTE (B-4-Bulls @ Mar 21 2006, 06:21 PM)

i say...

1. NO (we all know that they will not make it this year i think weall know that as well as the front office because of the curry thing) snr.gif
2. YES ( there i a great possibilty that will happen especially if we draft well.) pray.gif
3. NO ( he has been the best thing that has happened to the bulls except for the 05 draft.) bringit.gif
4. YES ( i really think that they will deal gordon and duhon in the off-season my guess for jermaine o'neal) puke.gif
5. YES ( they will have to rebuild that whole team and they are just starting it will take a few years.) lolhitting.gif

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Mar 21 2006, 06:46 PM
Post #6

6th Man

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 21 2006, 06:32 PM)
No
Yes
No
Yes
Yes

dam we always agree cheers.gif

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Mar 21 2006, 06:51 PM
Post #7

6th Man

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 21 2006, 06:34 PM)
I am resigned to the fact that this team will fall short in its bid for the playoffs. We have struggled too much when it comes to closing games. Its dissapointing because I think we are better than at least a few of the teams that will get in, but at the same time I understand we had to take a step backwards because of the Curry situation.

Yes; I expect Hinrich/Deng/Noc/Chandler all to be back in Chicago next year. Along with that core group I expect a low post player (Aldridge or O'Neal/Garnett). This team can't continue to rely on the perimeter shot and I will be calling for Paxson's firing if he doesn't find some viable low post options that can help this team make the next step.

We also need to find a good shooting guard who can defend the bigger SG's. That means buh bye Ben Gordon.

I'm undecided on this. If we are entirely healthy and Paxson makes the right moves and this team doesn't make the playoffs, I'd think the Bulls would consider it. That said the right coach has to be out there to hire. I'm not too worried about this though, Skiles is a very good coach. I'm more concerne with Paxson making the necessary moves to give Skiles the tools to bring this team to the next level.

Yes. This team will be agressive, whether its in the draft/free agency or the trade front. I expect at least one low post player to come (probably via draft, but there is the outside possibility of a trade). Along with that I think you'll see the Bulls work hard to find a big shooting guard. However, they may find more of a stop gap at this position and try to position themselves for another chip the following free agent market (with the Bulls still making the playoffs next year).

The Knicks will be bad, but they will be better. I don't expect to get Oden with the Knicks pick. If Thomas can get his head out of his ass, he should be able to change the team enough (by trading away his plethora of guards). That said I wouldn't be shocked if he made some more awful moves, but Larry Brown (while way over-rated) is too good not to at least get the ship semi righted.

i agree with every thing tat you said and i know that next year will be a special one.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Mar 21 2006, 06:53 PM
Post #8

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (bulls91 @ Mar 21 2006, 06:39 PM)
dam we always agree cheers.gif

For your sake, thats a good thing. wink.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Mar 21 2006, 06:59 PM
Post #9

All-Star

Member No.: 21

]
the Bulls Make the Playoffs This year?

NO-The chemistry isn't there this year
YES-See below.
YES-But it isn't going to happen. The Bulls will be a mid level playoff team in 07
YES-The Bulls need a big scorer, and they are going to do something to get it.
YES-as a matter of a fact it will take at least 5 years for the Knicks to make the playoffs after they fire Isiah.

+Quote Post
Timoperezrulez
post Mar 21 2006, 07:49 PM
Post #10

12th Man

Member No.: 33

Yes
Yes
No
No
No

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Mar 21 2006, 09:52 PM
Post #11

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

I'm not sure about the first question... they are only 2.5 back with 2 games left against philly...

if Gordon gets hot, I think they can do it... huh.gif

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Mar 22 2006, 09:12 AM
Post #12

All-Star

Member No.: 21

BTW, great thread idea. A lot of good stuff in here.

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Mar 22 2006, 06:20 PM
Post #13

6th Man

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Mar 21 2006, 09:45 PM)
I'm not sure about the first question... they are only 2.5 back with 2 games left against philly...

if Gordon gets hot, I think they can do it... huh.gif

it is unlikey because paxson know that this year would be a step back from last year and i think that they are more interested in the draft then getting in the playoffs and getting two good draft picks and be 10x better next year.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:43 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home