Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your take on the Playoffs?
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jun 20 2006, 10:13 PM
Post #1

Guests

I thought it was great and I actually felt like watching the finals this year (Even though it was rigged) but atleast it wasnt against the Bulls. If the Bulls played this Miami team that won it in the finals we would have won it 4-0.

What did you think of the NBA Finals and what did you think about the playoffs overall? Is the NBA headed on its way up? I truley believe so.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 20 2006, 10:16 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

Personally, I feel the NBA lost it's lore. The Finals just isnt as dramatic as it used to be.

But, Dwyane Wade is a freaking beast. The only way I would have it is for the Bulls to be knocked out by the Champions.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jun 20 2006, 10:18 PM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 20 2006, 10:09 PM)
Personally, I feel the NBA lost it's lore. The Finals just isnt as dramatic as it used to be.

But, Dwyane Wade is a freaking beast. The only way I would have it is for the Bulls to be knocked out by the Champions.

Yes, he was relentless but my god.. well nvm im just going to get angry so ill stop there lol. Its good for the NBA to have close series' and its on its way up.

Yes its not what it was like when MJ ruled the NBA but its certainly better than the last 5 years or so...

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 20 2006, 10:21 PM
Post #4

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 20 2006, 10:11 PM)
Yes, he was relentless but my god.. well nvm im just going to get angry so ill stop there lol. Its good for the NBA to have close series' and its on its way up.

Yes its not what it was like when MJ ruled the NBA but its certainly better than the last 5 years or so...

Maybe it was the fact that Miami won in Dallas and no one was cheering? Maybe it was the fact that the announcers werent very dramatic? I don't know, I just wasnt really into it. The Finals just arent as good as they used to be and neither is the NBA.

+Quote Post
Goldmember
post Jun 20 2006, 10:23 PM
Post #5

12th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

stop spewing the rigged bs. it was a good finals between two very good and pretty even teams. the team that played the best won.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jun 20 2006, 10:30 PM
Post #6

Guests

QUOTE (Goldmember @ Jun 20 2006, 10:16 PM)
stop spewing the rigged bs. it was a good finals between two very good and pretty even teams. the team that played the best won.

Thats personally my belief and my own opinion, you have yours and I have mine. I think the NBA is trying soooo hard to find the next MJ theyll do anything, by that I mean give Wade all the calls. Yes he was the agressor but no way in hell that foul at the end of game 5 should have been called. You let the players decide the game not the refs. It was a bad way to end a great game by free throws sad.gif

+Quote Post
Chi-town23-33
post Jun 20 2006, 10:44 PM
Post #7

12th Man

Member No.: 120

Well, talent wise the NBA is on the rise. It's great seeing young guys come in that are as good or better than advertised like Wade and LeBron and others who have been surprises such as our own Kirk Hinrich.

Now, is the league as strong as it was? No, and its not even close. That era of basketball can't be touched. MJ, Magic, Bird, Isiah, Hakeem, Barkley, Malone, Robinson, Ewing, Wilkins, Drexler, Pippen, McHale, Erving and many more I haven't listed. We will probably never see anything like that again, and what is the killer is that they were playing a tougher game.

As much as I like Wade (always cheer for the hometown guys minus Walker), the way he dominated the Finals was by getting to the line, but many calls were questionable. I'm not here to bash Wade or the officials because under the league's new rules this is unavoidable. The league has been searching for a new Jordan and in the process have completely changed the game so that one guy can dominate by taking it to the rim and getting calls that used to not be fouls. And it went both ways. Wade gets calls just like LeBron and Dirk get calls. The game won't get to the level it was at unless the rules change to what they were.

Well anyway, it was a good Finals this year (I think) regardless of the questionable calls. Just 10 years ago we would have none of these problems.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 20 2006, 10:47 PM
Post #8

Superstar

Member No.: 73

To me, This is a tremendous playoffs that just went down, of course I would love our Bulls to win one but they will have their time you can bet on that but to watch almost every single series go 6-7 games only helps the NBA money wise and bringing up more and more fans and young kids making up there own new imitation of say Dwayne Wade hitting those clutch freethrows in game 5. Its a new generation of Basketball and its remarkable to me how the Bulls fought Miami so hard that we ended up losing to the NBA Champions, thats certainly something to be proud of.

Im happy for the NBA

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Jun 20 2006, 11:01 PM
Post #9

Bench

Member No.: 56

The Mavs would of won even with the Refs if they actually drove in more. Instead the only times they drove in was when Alonzo Mourning was there waiting for them.

+Quote Post
bschmaranz
post Jun 21 2006, 12:17 AM
Post #10

Bench

Member No.: 59

Great playoffs with a spiffy ending. banghead.gif

+Quote Post
Goldmember
post Jun 21 2006, 12:38 AM
Post #11

12th Man

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 20 2006, 10:23 PM)
Thats personally my belief and my own opinion, you have yours and I have mine. I think the NBA is trying soooo hard to find the next MJ theyll do anything, by that I mean give Wade all the calls. Yes he was the agressor but no way in hell that foul at the end of game 5 should have been called. You let the players decide the game not the refs. It was a bad way to end a great game by free throws sad.gif

there's more to a game then one call. besides he was mugged by 3 guys it was the right call. i'd be whining more about the backcourt violation. dallas had more than ample opportunity to pull it out in games 3-6 (throughout the ENTIRE games) but didn't get the job done, plain and simple. to say it comes done to one single supposedly "botched" call at the end of the game is asinine.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Jun 21 2006, 12:40 AM
Post #12

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

Great playoffs with a spiffy ending.

Agree completley

close games, competitive series, young stars shined (wade, lebron, arenas, brand, etc)

but WOW did dallas lose tonight. Miami did not win game 6 IMO, dallas lost it. It makes me realize more than ever we need a bulky post presence. The last 5 mins of the game dallas hoisted way too many contested threes instead of playing controlled half court offense. Now it is not impossible to run a well executed half court offense without a true post scorer, but when times are tough and nothing is happening, having someone big to throw it into is the easiest way to execute in a half court set. Dallas reminded me a lot of the bulls at the end of games when gordon wasn't hot. They were clueless and anxious and lacked any kind of rhythm. They couldnt get their star the ball anywhere closer than 23 feet from the hoop with guys draped all over him. I couldnt believe terry kept jacking up threes when he couldnt hit them all night. Marquis daniels was the only one going to the basket. This might be the most compelling reason to draft a big instead of roy. Though, i guess one could say we will need someone to guard wade for the next decade, so we should draft roy. I dont know, all i know is that dallas didnt give themselves a chance to win bc when a perimeter oriented team's shots arent falling, you have to get closer to the hoop, and they just couldnt. Sound familiar?

+Quote Post
Cute Little Bull...
post Jun 21 2006, 09:03 AM
Post #13

Rookie

Member No.: 86

the playoffs were pretty good, i dont usually continue watching it, but I tuned in for most of the games. I am upset Miami won, cuz i still feel we could have beat them haha. But i agree that the NBA is trying to "make" another MJ and you cannot make a michael jordan, its gotta happen on its own, but whatever, the playoffs were exciting and atleast it wasnt detroit vs. san antonio like everyone thought. As for d-wade, whatever, he still bugs me atleast now he can go find a cure for world hunger or do something else dramatic.

Here comes the draft.....

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 21 2006, 09:45 AM
Post #14

All-Star

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jun 20 2006, 08:06 PM)
I thought it was great and I actually felt like watching the finals this year (Even though it was rigged) but atleast it wasnt against the Bulls. If the Bulls played this Miami team that won it in the finals we would have won it 4-0.

What did you think of the NBA Finals and what did you think about the playoffs overall? Is the NBA headed on its way up? I truley believe so.

Wade is pretty darn awesome and I think this was a great NBA playoffs simply because you had new teams emerging and playing quality basketball. Dallas really appeared to choke (at least a bit) in the end but overall it was good.

And wow, Wade is starting to make a case for being the best player in the association.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 21 2006, 09:46 AM
Post #15

All-Star

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Chi-town23-33 @ Jun 20 2006, 08:37 PM)
Well, talent wise the NBA is on the rise. It's great seeing young guys come in that are as good or better than advertised like Wade and LeBron and others who have been surprises such as our own Kirk Hinrich.

Now, is the league as strong as it was? No, and its not even close. That era of basketball can't be touched. MJ, Magic, Bird, Isiah, Hakeem, Barkley, Malone, Robinson, Ewing, Wilkins, Drexler, Pippen, McHale, Erving and many more I haven't listed. We will probably never see anything like that again, and what is the killer is that they were playing a tougher game.

As much as I like Wade (always cheer for the hometown guys minus Walker), the way he dominated the Finals was by getting to the line, but many calls were questionable. I'm not here to bash Wade or the officials because under the league's new rules this is unavoidable. The league has been searching for a new Jordan and in the process have completely changed the game so that one guy can dominate by taking it to the rim and getting calls that used to not be fouls. And it went both ways. Wade gets calls just like LeBron and Dirk get calls. The game won't get to the level it was at unless the rules change to what they were.

Well anyway, it was a good Finals this year (I think) regardless of the questionable calls. Just 10 years ago we would have none of these problems.

And at least the Euro players come in bringing some good fundementals. Overall I still think the fundementals in the NBA are freaking terrible as opposed to 10-20 years ago.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 10:54 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home