Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thunder @ Bulls, 12/6/10, 7:00 CST, WGN
Balta1701-B
post Dec 6 2010, 11:18 AM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

Re-match of a solid win for the Thunder earlier this year. Westbrook looks to be outplaying Derrick Rose right now. Time to turn that around.

I can't tell if this is KC trying to stir up trouble or if this will actually be troublesome, but there's talk now of Boozer going to the Bench and Gibson being a defensive replacement late in games.
We interrupt the well-deserved lionization of Derrick Rose to address what could be an intriguing storyline moving forward in this Bulls season.

Will Taj Gibson be Carlos Boozer's late-game defensive replacement?

For the first time as a Bull, Boozer displayed his longstanding offensive versatility, dropping 25 points in just 30 minutes on the Rockets. Yet at the start of overtime, coach Tom Thibodeau went with Gibson, and Boozer might not have even played if not for Joakim Noah fouling out.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rockren
post Dec 6 2010, 11:53 AM
Post #2

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,947

The Bulls didn't give Boozer 75 million to sit on the bench in the 4th quarter. Whether Gibson should play late in the game or not...he won't.

I wouldn't look too much into Booz not starting the OT. Booz played just over 20 minutes in his first two games and just went over 30 minutes in this last game against Houston. Booz has been brought along slowly for obvious reasons.

As for Westbrook outplaying Rose, I suppose if you want to compare apples to oranges- go ahead. Give Rose Durant on the wing and Rose would put up even more ridiculous numbers. I hate comparing the two and saying I would take Rose definitively over Westbrook, because I like Westbrook very much.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Dec 6 2010, 01:06 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Over/Under 40 FT's for the Thunder tonight? Be prepared to get screwed from the officials tonight. Westbrook and Durant will both probably get to the line 10+ times tonight and when they get there, they don't miss. In fact, the entire Thunder team hardly misses. Our team is better with a healthy Boozer but because the officials tend to favor OKC for their flopping, it's going to be tough to beat them.

+Quote Post
MB33
post Dec 6 2010, 05:39 PM
Post #4

6th Man

Member No.: 477

I think it was a good move thibs didnt start Boozer in over time for the fact he had 5 fouls.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Dec 7 2010, 12:22 AM
Post #5

6th Man

Great game tonight.

I know all of the talk is going to be about Boozer having a big game, Rose being ice cold and Korver getting hot...but if I could reflect on how that was the most comfortable I've seen Lou look all year offensively. I believe Lou is made to play off of a post presence where he can cut the passing lanes and hit the glass hard on the weak side. Lou went to the hoop a lot more and he had 4 offensive rebounds.

Watch for Lou to play great off of Boozer here on out.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Dec 7 2010, 12:23 AM
Post #6

6th Man

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Dec 6 2010, 01:06 PM) *
Over/Under 40 FT's for the Thunder tonight? Be prepared to get screwed from the officials tonight. Westbrook and Durant will both probably get to the line 10+ times tonight and when they get there, they don't miss. In fact, the entire Thunder team hardly misses. Our team is better with a healthy Boozer but because the officials tend to favor OKC for their flopping, it's going to be tough to beat them.

They were shooting 85% on the year from the line coming in and went 28-31 from the line tonight.

They're only on pace to shatter an all-time record held by the 89-90 Celtics. Mercy.

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Dec 7 2010, 12:36 AM
Post #7

6th Man

Member No.: 61

QUOTE (rockren @ Dec 7 2010, 12:22 AM) *
Great game tonight.

I know all of the talk is going to be about Boozer having a big game, Rose being ice cold and Korver getting hot...but if I could reflect on how that was the most comfortable I've seen Lou look all year offensively. I believe Lou is made to play off of a post presence where he can cut the passing lanes and hit the glass hard on the weak side. Lou went to the hoop a lot more and he had 4 offensive rebounds.

Watch for Lou to play great off of Boozer here on out.

Agreed. Lu did look very comfortable. Great win. I love the direction this team is going...

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Dec 7 2010, 07:35 AM
Post #8

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

Safe to say that was the first win bought by having Carlos Boozer?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:11 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home