Reply to this topicStart new topic
> According to Peter Vescey (NY Post)
spiderman
post Feb 20 2007, 08:43 AM
Post #1

10 Day Contract

Group: Members
Member No.: 227

According to the NY Post (Peter Vescey), Pau Gasol's exodus from Memphis has lost momentum. If the Grizzlies can't wheedle Ben Gordon and Luol Deng from the Bulls, he's not going anywhere, it says here. Meaning Gasol is staying put. John Paxson unwaveringly refuses to give up both or even two of his consecrated corps (Kirk Hinrich and Andres Nocioni) of four, whereas Jerry West steadfastly refuses to surrender his superior services for anything less. Moreover, there's strong sentiment from above that even if that ideal deal became available it'd be a monumental mistake to move Gasol at this time. Better to delay deliberating parting with a 26-year-old, 7-foot, All-Star caliber talent until it's established what position the Grizzlies will own in this June's draft and whether Greg Oden and Kevin Durant have declared their eligibility for it. Imagine Gasol alongside one or the other and then add Rudy Burrito, Mike Miller (not exactly a lock to remain in Memphis past Thursday), Hakim Warrick, Alexander Johnson, Lawrence Roberts and largely forgotten (special rookie) Kyle Lowry, out forever with a broken left hand. "Trade Pau now and then what?" wondered a Grizzlies executive before answering his own question. "We'll wind up spending the next 10 years trying to replace him." Convinced time and youth, for the most part, are on his side, the Bulls VP is scouring the topography for a halfway decent post-up scorer (Shareef Abdur-Rahim?) unless, of course, someone like Zach Randolph suddenly comes on the market.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Feb 20 2007, 09:01 AM
Post #2

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

Zach Randoplph would be available for the right price. For the Bulls that would mean pretty much the samekind of package that Memphis wants for Gasol.

+Quote Post
DrunkBomber
post Feb 20 2007, 01:11 PM
Post #3

6th Man

Member No.: 214

If we could get Randolph for what we wanted to give up for Pau Id be all for it, he gives us a low post threat with less athleticism.

+Quote Post
soxfan3530
post Feb 20 2007, 02:23 PM
Post #4

Bench

Member No.: 392

randolph for (deng or gordon) brown and the pick???? interested??

+Quote Post
DrunkBomber
post Feb 20 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #5

6th Man

Member No.: 214

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Feb 20 2007, 02:16 PM) *
randolph for (deng or gordon) brown and the pick???? interested??

I wouldnt want to give up Gordon for that and barely Deng. I was thinking more, TT, pick and PJ, maybe Noc in there somewhere.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Feb 20 2007, 03:04 PM
Post #6

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Feb 20 2007, 02:20 PM) *
I wouldnt want to give up Gordon for that and barely Deng. I was thinking more, TT, pick and PJ, maybe Noc in there somewhere.

Yeah, I'd rather have Gasol if we are going to give up Deng and Gordon. I really wouldn't want to give up both. But Gasol is better than Randolph. Randolph shoots too many jumpers.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Feb 20 2007, 03:10 PM
Post #7

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

I want no part of Randolph. Yes, he can score and rebound. However, either him or Skiles would not make it through the year alive. He's basically a ghost on defense and his effort is often lacking. He also makes $14 mil a year with 5 years left, which is a heck of a contract.

He's a very good fit for our needs, but I don't see any way it happens given his attitude and occasional off the court problems. I wouldn't deal any of our key players for anything less than an elite big man (ie KG, Gasol, or Jermaine O'Neal if the opportunity should arise). Randolph just doesn't fit that profile.

+Quote Post
MB33
post Feb 20 2007, 04:26 PM
Post #8

6th Man

Member No.: 477

Agreed skiles and zach wont work!

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Feb 20 2007, 04:31 PM
Post #9

6th Man

Member No.: 61

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Feb 20 2007, 03:03 PM) *
I want no part of Randolph. Yes, he can score and rebound. However, either him or Skiles would not make it through the year alive. He's basically a ghost on defense and his effort is often lacking. He also makes $14 mil a year with 5 years left, which is a heck of a contract.

He's a very good fit for our needs, but I don't see any way it happens given his attitude and occasional off the court problems. I wouldn't deal any of our key players for anything less than an elite big man (ie KG, Gasol, or Jermaine O'Neal if the opportunity should arise). Randolph just doesn't fit that profile.

Exactly. Randolph on the Bulls = big problems.
I really wish also that people would get it out of their heads that the combination of Deng AND Gordon for anybody really isn't going to happen. With Noc being hurt...it really handcuffs what Pax can really do right now. At this point...I really can't see anything being done.

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Feb 20 2007, 05:14 PM
Post #10

6th Man

Member No.: 65

I wouldnt give up Gordon or Deng for Randolf. I had a hard enough time thinking we would give one of them up for Gasol. I'm glad Paxson is standing firm and not giving up half of our core players. However, we need to remember we have to resign Gordon, Noch and Deng...Is that possible to resign all 4?? You know some idiot GM is going to throw close to max money at Gordon or Deng....

I trust Pax will make the right move. We dont need an all star, just a solid serviceable PF.

+Quote Post
soxfan3530
post Feb 20 2007, 05:18 PM
Post #11

Bench

Member No.: 392

QUOTE (MB33 @ Feb 20 2007, 04:19 PM) *
Agreed skiles and zach wont work!

Actually i remember reading somewhere, (dont ask me where b/c i cant remember) that skiles like randolph. I think they said they go back since they are both msu boys and they said that skiles has always tried to help the zack attack

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 20 2007, 05:21 PM
Post #12

Superstar

Member No.: 73

If West thinks we will give up both Deng AND Gordon for Gasol he is crazy. I know we need to make a move for him but if its not a fair trade no sense in giving up two great players for one great player.

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Feb 20 2007, 05:27 PM
Post #13

6th Man

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Feb 20 2007, 06:11 PM) *
Actually i remember reading somewhere, (dont ask me where b/c i cant remember) that skiles like randolph. I think they said they go back since they are both msu boys and they said that skiles has always tried to help the zack attack

it's one thing liking someone and trying to help them out vs being their coach. Skiles is a well known red ass. the honeymoon would last a few weeks, then randolf would be sent home.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 20 2007, 06:26 PM
Post #14

Superstar

Member No.: 73

That is also a reason why I'd like to see Pax show Skiles the door. There is absolutely no reason why a player should lose out on a chance to come to the Bulls (Especially a great player in Randolph) because of the head coach that just so happens to be stubborn and has strict rules.

I don't think any "Superstar" or "Star" type of player would want to come to the Bulls if they had other options like the Lakers, Suns, or other solid teams because they know they will have to deal with Skiles antics. I have never been a fan of Skiles since we lost out on a chance to improve our team the last few years. I wonder how the players would react if Skiles got fired? Just a thought to ponder.

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Feb 20 2007, 06:51 PM
Post #15

6th Man

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Feb 20 2007, 07:19 PM) *
That is also a reason why I'd like to see Pax show Skiles the door. There is absolutely no reason why a player should lose out on a chance to come to the Bulls (Especially a great player in Randolph) because of the head coach that just so happens to be stubborn and has strict rules.

I don't think any "Superstar" or "Star" type of player would want to come to the Bulls if they had other options like the Lakers, Suns, or other solid teams because they know they will have to deal with Skiles antics. I have never been a fan of Skiles since we lost out on a chance to improve our team the last few years. I wonder how the players would react if Skiles got fired? Just a thought to ponder.

At the same time, our players can focus more on the game of basketball and less on antics. His players know what to expect, understand what is expected of them and are required to play hard every night. If they dont play hard on both ends of the floor...they wont play. I agree that Skiles should pick his battles and has room for improvement as a coach. Seriously, who cares if they wear head bands, etc. But I like him overall and dont know who would really be better for this team at this point. We have young guys who are not only learning the nba game...but how to be grown men with money. I think a coach like skiles tends to keep them in line more and they will be better for it.
On the flipside, it would be unfortunte if some stars did not want to come here bc Skiles has rules and expectations...But do we want players who are not willing to be held accountable for their actions? Do we want players who aren't team players, who cant follow rules, who get into trouble off the court?
I think Skiles is the right man for the job, he just needs to pick his battles on a few topics and be a little less stubborn.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:47 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home