Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what about big baby, he declared for the draft
DutheDoduhon21
post Mar 13 2007, 05:49 PM
Post #1

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 99

i havnt saw his name at all when we are talking about the draft, i like him alot, what do you think?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2797194
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Mar 13 2007, 05:53 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Member No.: 73

He has too much of Michael Sweetney in him. Actually Sweets put up better numbers in college.. So no thanks, unless he is the best big man available.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Mar 13 2007, 06:12 PM
Post #3

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

Repeat after me. This will helps me maintain at least a low level of sanity.

"No more undersized bigs..... no more undersized bigs..."

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Mar 13 2007, 08:28 PM
Post #4

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Mar 13 2007, 05:46 PM) *
He has too much of Michael Sweetney in him. Actually Sweets put up better numbers in college.. So no thanks, unless he is the best big man available.

You read my mind on that one. Michael Sweetney part 2. No more short (relatively of course) fat guys in the post. Plus he's projected as roughly a late 1st rounder. I MIGHT take him in the 2nd if he slides, though I'd rather take a chance on a bigger, more athletic prospect even if he is more raw in that situation.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Mar 13 2007, 08:33 PM
Post #5

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 13 2007, 07:21 PM) *
You read my mind on that one. Michael Sweetney part 2. No more short (relatively of course) fat guys in the post. Plus he's projected as roughly a late 2nd rounder. I MIGHT take him in the 2nd if he slides, though I'd rather take a chance on a bigger, more athletic prospect even if he is more raw in that situation.

We do have plenty of 2nd round picks.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Mar 13 2007, 08:45 PM
Post #6

All-Star

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Mar 13 2007, 08:26 PM) *
We do have plenty of 2nd round picks.

Whoops, that was supposed to say late 1st...

Still, outside of that typo, the rest stands...

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Mar 13 2007, 08:45 PM
Post #7

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

I agree with yall. I'd take a chance on him in Round 2, but I've seen him play in person, and he's not impressive enough to warrant a lottery pick. You never know, though. Maybe him and Tyrus reunited would make them both dominate like they did for LSU last year... Okay, maybe not... lol

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Mar 13 2007, 09:20 PM
Post #8

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

anyone else think pax realized there was someone in the draft that he really liked (outside of oden and durant obviously) and realized the knicks wouldnt totally suck in a weak east and starting collecting second round picks. Because this is such a good draft second round picks are of a high value bc then you can get a first rounder that slips and sign him to a non-guarenteed deal.

Maybe pax can use those picks to jump up a couple spots and nab someone that he really likes. I think it would be reasonable to package our pick (presumably 14) and a second rounder or two to move into the 8-10 range. Maybe hawes, lopez, or hibbert?

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Mar 13 2007, 10:00 PM
Post #9

Bench

Member No.: 56

If the Knicks do make the playoffs I wouldnt mind us drafting him, but I got to believe if we get a lottery pick there is better out there.

+Quote Post
soxfan3530
post Mar 13 2007, 10:22 PM
Post #10

Bench

Member No.: 392

Big Baby sucks! pass.... We got the good LSU post player

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Mar 13 2007, 10:49 PM
Post #11

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Mar 13 2007, 11:15 PM) *
Big Baby sucks! pass.... We got the good LSU post player

I agree. He only puts up those numbers in college b/c he's bigger or more physical. In the NBA his lack of height won't fare well for him.

I say we make a real strong push to sign Randolph Morris and then trade our second round picks and some of our bench players for a future pick. Or we can use our second round picks to move up a spot or two if we don't end up with a high lottery pick. Our team is deep enough that we don't need to use our second round picks and hope to find a sleeper. However, if a high quality point guard falls in the draft I would love to pick him up. It will give us a lot of flexibility if we ever decide to part with either Gordon or Hinrich in the future.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Mar 13 2007, 11:14 PM
Post #12

All-Star

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Mar 13 2007, 10:42 PM) *
I agree. He only puts up those numbers in college b/c he's bigger or more physical. In the NBA his lack of height won't fare well for him.

I say we make a real strong push to sign Randolph Morris and then trade our second round picks and some of our bench players for a future pick. Or we can use our second round picks to move up a spot or two if we don't end up with a high lottery pick. Our team is deep enough that we don't need to use our second round picks and hope to find a sleeper. However, if a high quality point guard falls in the draft I would love to pick him up. It will give us a lot of flexibility if we ever decide to part with either Gordon or Hinrich in the future.

Agreed, I hope we use those picks as ammo to try to acquire some pieces. There aren't exactly a whole lot of guys that we could get in the 2nd that would even make the team. I'd like to see them packaged for a veteran that we need or a higher pick, possibly even including a player or two.

This originally looked like a seriously weak PG class, but the guys from this ridiculously strong freshmen class have emerged to give it some major potential. Lawson, Conley, Augustin, and Crittendon all have some major talent, and I wouldn't mind grooming one of those guys if we get the chance. Acie Law is a guy I'd love to have coming off the bench too, though he's more of a scorer and isn't as athletic as the other guys. Adding size is still clearly our biggest priority though.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Mar 13 2007, 11:35 PM
Post #13

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 13 2007, 11:07 PM) *
Acie Law is a guy I'd love to have coming off the bench too, though he's more of a scorer and isn't as athletic as the other guys. Adding size is still clearly our biggest priority though.

I love Law, and would love to have him on the team if we didn't already have 2 legit backups in Sef and Duhon. Though, I do think it's time to let Duhon move on and give Thabo more minutes. Unless we make a trade involving a guard or SF, then the only position I can really see us picking is PF or C.

Let's say we trade Noc (though losing his toughness and demeanor would hurt), then I could see us using our late lotto pick on a Thaddeus Young or other SF. But unless a trade occurs, I really don't want anything other than a big man b/c a guard or SF would get NO playing time. I would even "reach" for a big man like Hansbrough if he was the best still on the board.

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Mar 14 2007, 01:22 PM
Post #14

Bench

Member No.: 56

I think Big Baby will be much better than Sweetney. For one he is maybe an inch or even 2 taller than Sweets and he has the big body and is twice the athlete. The guy I really want if its possible is the dude from China though.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Mar 14 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #15

All-Star

QUOTE (soxfan101 @ Mar 14 2007, 02:15 PM) *
I think Big Baby will be much better than Sweetney. For one he is maybe an inch or even 2 taller than Sweets and he has the big body and is twice the athlete. The guy I really want if its possible is the dude from China though.

There's no way he's the 6'9" he's listed at, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he came in at like 6'7 3/4" with shoes at the pre-draft camp, and could be even shorter. His wingspan and vertial leap will likely be less than impressive too. He's cut out of the exact same cloth as Sweetney, and is actually HEAVIER. Even if he moves a little quicker, he has the same issues that prevent him from being a solid NBA player.

Remember, last year many were saying Tyrus was 6'10" going into the draft last year, then he measured at 6'8 1/4" with shoes at the pre-draft combine (Tyrus generally appeared to be taller than Davis as well). Davis doesn't have the freakish wingspan and athleticism to make up for it either...

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:12 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home