Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bulls climb to 4-0!!!, in being disappointing
sport1016
post Nov 6 2007, 11:28 PM
Post #1

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

The complete lack of continuity in the last 3 minutes of every game had better be due to all the injuries in the preseason and all those guys never really playing together.

If we still look anything like the team we've looked like these last 4 games by game 10 or 12, we are in for a long season and/or rampant kobe rumors.

Has this team hit a plateau? Maybe we need to shake things up.

What about an offer of Deng, Gordon, and Wallace and a 1st rounder for kobe and kwame or another throw in? That's a good offer in giving them BG and Deng, but because we give up both of our studs we get to both keep all our young bigs and dump wallace.

I know he's injured, but I just can't even watch him right now. He's old and unloading his big contract could allow the bulls to add another piece later. Also, in doing this we lose none of our depth.

Hinrich/Duhon
Kobe/Thabo
Noc/Thabo/Griff
TT/Smith
Noah/Smith/Kwame/Gray

I think even though we give up Deng keeping all our depth makes up for it.

And the Lakers would definately go for this. I really think they would like wallace with Bynum and with an awesome free agent crop could probably pick which RFA to resign this summer and then try to a him add Arenas or Marion etc.

Mad props to Joe Smith btw. I can't find a good place to write that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Nov 6 2007, 11:56 PM
Post #2

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

word on the street is kobe will veto any trade involving Deng.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Nov 7 2007, 08:06 AM
Post #3

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

I couldn't watch the second half. When Cuttino Mobley is toasting Mr All Defensive Team, that is a pretty good indicator of what is going to happen.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Nov 7 2007, 08:26 AM
Post #4

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

QUOTE (sport1016 @ Nov 6 2007, 11:37 PM) *
If we still look anything like the team we've looked like these last 4 games by game 10 or 12, we are in for a long season and/or rampant kobe rumors.

If we still look anything like this dogshit team by game 10 or 12, Kobe will veto any deal to Chicago because he has no faith in the team turning things around.

In other words, this is brutal. This team, considering the matchups, should be 4-0 with regards to the preseason hype. Losses against Detroit and Raptors (I'll be there, there suckiness kinda takes the fun out of it) are not out of the question.

We're looking at being 0-6 BEFORE the West Coast killer.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Nov 7 2007, 02:56 PM
Post #5

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

I have a feeling that we may beat Detroit Thursday.. I'm not to confident in that feeling but we will either win or get raped.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Nov 7 2007, 03:21 PM
Post #6

I'm fresh.

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Nov 7 2007, 03:05 PM) *
I have a feeling that we may beat Detroit Thursday.. I'm not to confident in that feeling but we will either win or get raped.

We're going to lose by 20.

+Quote Post
ChitownMan
post Nov 7 2007, 03:44 PM
Post #7

Rookie

Member No.: 245

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Nov 7 2007, 03:30 PM) *
We're going to lose by 20.

You really think that it will be even that close against the Pistons? It is going to be a long start to the 2007-08 campaign and it is pretty painful so far.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Nov 7 2007, 04:02 PM
Post #8

Superstar

I still have yet to figure out the idea of building this team like the Pistons... They won one fricking championship!! If were going to build off anyone why not San Antonio? After all they have won 4 championships in the last 9 years.. Alot of good players with no superstar is not going to win you a championship. Its time to breakup the core Pax, get us a superstar and what better way than to have one literally FALL right into our laps? You couldn't ask for a better situation. You have the best player in the league that just handpicked YOU as his team of choice. I'm not faulting him for not making a trade because I believe Pax did agree to something, but we can't go on like this without a clutch player and right now we don't have one.

Frankly I'm fine with trading Gordon, Deng, Kirk, or Big Ben- either one or 3 of the 4 if we get a superstar in return. Right now Big Ben's trade value is about ZERO and so is Kirk's. Nobody wants to deal with his contract unless we trade one bad contract for another.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Nov 7 2007, 04:23 PM
Post #9

I'm fresh.

Kirk's trade-value is well above ZERO. He's widely respected around the league where he's not seen on a day-to-day basis. You are right about Ben Wallace. At this point you won't be able to give him away.

He's the Bulls' Jose Contreras.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Nov 7 2007, 06:33 PM
Post #10

Starter

or the Cubs Jacque Jones

who they actually traded to Florida last year only to have it nixed by the league before he made it back into the rotation

Seriously, Big Ben needs to sit and get healthy before he suits up again. He is not helping us on the court right now.

I would LOVE to see Joe Smith start at C alongside TT. He has been our most productive big this year by far. I wonder if he could handle the 5 more permanently? He certainly rebounds well enough, but idk about the 1 on 1 D. They would make up a very good O/D combo.

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Nov 7 2007, 09:10 PM
Post #11

6th Man

Member No.: 781

I agree, Smith needs more playing time. Seems like the only one who is constantly productive. What is happening to this team in the 4th quarter? That used to be when they played lights out.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Nov 8 2007, 11:13 AM
Post #12

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (Sanitarium @ Nov 7 2007, 07:19 PM) *
I agree, Smith needs more playing time. Seems like the only one who is constantly productive. What is happening to this team in the 4th quarter? That used to be when they played lights out.

Ben Gordon is not hitting his shots. It's pretty much that simple. When he's on with that outside game, this team is deadly. If he isn't shooting well, and Wallace is in there, then our offense is basically playing 3 on 5.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Nov 8 2007, 05:29 PM
Post #13

Superstar

Shouldn't this be climb to 0-4?

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Nov 8 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #14

Starter

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Nov 8 2007, 06:38 PM) *
Shouldn't this be climb to 0-4?

Sarcasm, party of 1.....Sarcasm, Party of 1.

Your table is ready.

+Quote Post
chilord
post Nov 8 2007, 10:08 PM
Post #15

Bench

Member No.: 182

QUOTE (ChitownMan @ Nov 7 2007, 03:53 PM) *
You really think that it will be even that close against the Pistons? It is going to be a long start to the 2007-08 campaign and it is pretty painful so far.

With any luck, we now have a Rally Thread.

4-1 baby!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:34 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home