Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Add this to the reasons to hate reinsdorf
cars
post Jun 3 2008, 09:46 PM
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 210

The Score reports he's the delay in naming Collins the head coach. He wants to take the time to make sure he's making the right decision.

That's just great. Paxson is the GM and can't make the decision. This means that Reinsdorf made the decision to try and hire Collins and is now deciding that he might not make the right decision.

Why do we have a GM again?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 3 2008, 10:39 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Member No.: 73

The story of the entire Chicago Bulls franchise being "slow and methodical". Everything they do is slow, have you ever seen them get anything significant done in a fast manner?

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jun 3 2008, 10:49 PM
Post #3

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 3 2008, 11:48 PM) *
The story of the entire Chicago Bulls franchise being "slow and methodical". Everything they do is slow, have you ever seen them get anything significant done in a fast manner?

No crap. They take forever to hire or fire a coach. They never get any worthy free agents to commit to Chicago. I think they must say something in interviews that distracts people from coming to Chicago. And it doesn't help that Jerry micro manages and that Paxson micro manages the coach. What is up with the stupid team rule that doesn't allow headbands. What a joke that is. Clean shaven? Are you kidding me? I'm so surprised he didn't make Gooden shave his beard and lose his bet to Deshawn Stevensen. The Bulls front office is a joke. They got lucky that they won the #1 pick or this franchise was probably looking at 10 years of average or below average basketball. Even with the 1st pick and a team full of young talent, I'm not sure Jerry has the balls to make the right moves or spend the money needed to make us a championship team again. I hope I'm wrong.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 3 2008, 10:52 PM
Post #4

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

It's probably them debating whether to give it to Collins now or interview Flip.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jun 4 2008, 08:02 AM
Post #5

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 4 2008, 12:01 AM) *
It's probably them debating whether to give it to Collins now or interview Flip.

That's exactly it. Flip fits the want for an offensive guy, yet is more flexible than D'Antoni when it comes to hiring defensive assistants.

Basically, the Bulls hadn't made the hire yet, and their PERFECT candidate came available. They'd be doing themselves a disservice to not interview him. I think in the end though, to save face, the Bulls will hire Collins.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 4 2008, 10:18 AM
Post #6

Superstar

The Bulls have no interest in Flip Saunders.

The Chicago Bulls have no interest in Flip Saunders, who was fired as head coach of the Detroit Pistons on Tuesday, the Chicago Tribune is reporting.

Michael Curry, who Detroit refused to allow the Bulls to speak to, is expected to take over the reigns with the Pistons.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jun 4 2008, 11:57 AM
Post #7

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

i heard sports nite the decision is being held up because of ozzie's rant, reinsdorf wanted to meet with ozzie instead of interview coaches. dont know how much truth there is to that but if they dont announce it by the end of today then we will have to wait till after the finals.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jun 5 2008, 01:03 AM
Post #8

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

I'm not worried at all about the Bulls naming a coach. Basically, Collins is there if we want him since he won't coach another team. So, the Bulls are just doing their due-diligence to make sure they hire the right guy. What's wrong with that as long as they can always hire Collins?

+Quote Post
daa84
post Jun 6 2008, 02:43 PM
Post #9

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 1,906

wont be collins...according to chicagosports.com

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Jun 6 2008, 02:47 PM
Post #10

6th Man

Member No.: 61

What a bunch of goddamn F@#$ ups.........For the love of god...would Reinsdorf just sell this team. Paxson can go anytime he wants too....

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jun 7 2008, 05:11 PM
Post #11

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

"The Bulls' search, nearing the two-month marker, has featured interviews with more than a dozen candidates and frustrating near-deals with Mike D'Antoni and now Collins -- both of whom, sources say, were wanted badly by Bulls front-office chief John Paxson.

The Bulls' failure to reach an agreement with Collins has only added to the perception around the league that Paxson can't be as decisive as he'd like to be because of his boss. ESPN.com reported May 10 that the slow-moving Reinsdorf's insistence on a drawn-out approach was among the clinchers that helped convince D'Antoni to take the eager New York Knicks' lucrative offer, after it was well known in coaching circles that going to Chicago was D'Antoni's initial strong preference."

Del Negro the Next Coach?

The exert above was taken from the ESPN article I linked above. It's pretty frustrating but yet again point the finger at Jerry and not Paxson. Paxson might actually know what he's doing but Jerry is an idiot. Is there any chance that Jerry is trying to annoy Paxson to the point that Paxson resigns?

I wouldn't hiring Del Negro as an assistant. I think at this point we might as well just wait until the Celtics win the title and then hire Tom Thibodeau to be our next head coach. If we interview him and Jerry "f's" that up like he's done twice already I'll pull my hair out.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 7 2008, 05:52 PM
Post #12

Superstar

Member No.: 23

At this point...maybe we are waiting on Thibodeau.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 7 2008, 07:48 PM
Post #13

Superstar

Thats the only logical thing that I can think of is that we are waiting for Thibideau..

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jun 7 2008, 08:13 PM
Post #14

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

Thats the only logical thing that I can think of is that we are waiting for Thibideau..

i hope we are waiting on him, because none of the other canidates are looking very attractive.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 8 2008, 01:14 AM
Post #15

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jun 7 2008, 09:22 PM) *
i hope we are waiting on him, because none of the other canidates are looking very attractive.

I wouldn't be upset with Tyrone Corbin at all. For me, it's between he and Thibedeau if we're not going after Saunders or either of the Johnsons.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:08 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home