Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bulls January Trade Rumors, Really want to move Hughes
Balta1701-B
post Jan 9 2009, 11:51 AM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

Since the site was down yesterday I couldn't post all of these, but there's a variety of Bulls trade rumors on the horizon.

First and foremost...it seems they really, really want to move Hughes. Really. Hughes responded to the trade talk by complaining about playing time. They really want to move him.

Interestingly, after the Sacramento game, the Sacramento Bee reported that the Bulls did have some interest in making a deal with the Kings...but the guy the Bulls are interested in is, get this...Spencer Hawes. The guy drafted right after Noah.
Future trading partners? – There was no swapping of uniforms before tipoff, but it wouldn't have been entirely absurd if various Kings and Bulls had done just that.

The two teams, according to league sources, had trade talks earlier this season that have been tabled for now. The Bulls need frontcourt help, but they appear to have more interest in second-year center Spencer Hawes than in veteran Brad Miller or even forward Kenny Thomas.

That could change, but the question on the Bulls' side is whether they will part ways with forward Drew Gooden (who has an expiring contract) and/or a young player such as Joakim Noah or Tyrus Thomas. According to the sources, Chicago offered guard Larry Hughes in the previous discussions. The 11-year veteran has a contract nearly identical to Miller's, with approximately $25 million owed to him before it ends after next season.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jan 9 2009, 12:14 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

I would rather have Noah over Hawes. Spencer Hawes has cronic knee problems and has had surgery on both knees since High School. I'd stay as far away from him as I could.

The Bulls need to do everything they can to get rid of Hughes. There trying to open up playing time for Thabo because he's a good defender and God knows we need that..

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jan 9 2009, 01:00 PM
Post #3

All-Star

Member No.: 43

Hawes can actually score, at least that would bring something new to the lineup. He shoots FAR more jumpers than I would like to see though and is not an upgrade defensively. If it doesn't cost us anything important I'd be interested, I wouldn't break the bank though.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jan 9 2009, 01:06 PM
Post #4

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jan 9 2009, 12:14 PM) *
I would rather have Noah over Hawes. Spencer Hawes has cronic knee problems and has had surgery on both knees since High School. I'd stay as far away from him as I could.

The Bulls need to do everything they can to get rid of Hughes. There trying to open up playing time for Thabo because he's a good defender and God knows we need that..

Are you freaking nuts? I'd rather have Hawes in the frontcourt in a wheelchair than watch Joakim flounder about for another minute.

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Jan 9 2009, 02:05 PM
Post #5

6th Man

Member No.: 781

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jan 9 2009, 02:06 PM) *
Are you freaking nuts? I'd rather have Hawes in the frontcourt in a wheelchair than watch Joakim flounder about for another minute.

yeah, i don't care how much time he misses, if he can actually score he's more valuable than noah

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jan 9 2009, 02:11 PM
Post #6

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

it really looks like hughes will be traded i read somewhere they will trade him for just about anything to make room for kirk when he comes back and also thabo.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jan 9 2009, 02:22 PM
Post #7

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jan 9 2009, 02:11 PM) *
it really looks like hughes will be traded i read somewhere they will trade him for just about anything to make room for kirk when he comes back and also thabo.

Well all they have to do is take on a much worse contract and I'm sure some team will take him. Think Ben Wallace bad.

+Quote Post
Cowch
post Jan 9 2009, 03:02 PM
Post #8

Bench

Member No.: 64

I wonder if cause of his convenient contract we will be able to oversell Hughes.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jan 9 2009, 03:42 PM
Post #9

Superstar

QUOTE (Cowch @ Jan 9 2009, 01:02 PM) *
I wonder if cause of his convenient contract we will be able to oversell Hughes.

It makes no sense to move Hughes without at least getting something of equal expiration date back. If we could get something that expires this year instead, even better (thus, we could sign Gordon). If nothing else, because his contract is a big 2010 contract, we ought to either get someone who is actually a significant upgrade for us or we ought to get more cap space.

Hell, even if all we could do was save $1-2 million each of the next 2 years, that might give us the flexibility to keep Gordon if that's the way we wanted to go.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jan 9 2009, 05:18 PM
Post #10

Superstar

"Bulls Will Take Just About Anything For Hughes"

Greatest Headline Ever!

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jan 9 2009, 05:19 PM
Post #11

Superstar

"Bulls Will Take Just About Anything For Hughes"

Greatest Headline Ever!

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jan 10 2009, 12:57 AM
Post #12

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jan 9 2009, 04:42 PM) *
It makes no sense to move Hughes without at least getting something of equal expiration date back. If we could get something that expires this year instead, even better (thus, we could sign Gordon). If nothing else, because his contract is a big 2010 contract, we ought to either get someone who is actually a significant upgrade for us or we ought to get more cap space.

Hell, even if all we could do was save $1-2 million each of the next 2 years, that might give us the flexibility to keep Gordon if that's the way we wanted to go.

This is pretty much how I feel. I'm really afraid Paxson is going to do something stupid and trade Hughes for someone that has a contract that expires past the 2010 season, which would essentially destroy any chance of signing one of the big name free agents. Something like 92% of fans voted that the Bulls should trade Hughes on the latest poll on chicagosports.com. These people are idiots, unless they're banking on getting someone who's contract expire this year or next year. Otherwise, it would be an idiotic move. I'd rather just "Tim Thomas" his ass if we can't get an expiring contract for him. That's too valuable of a contract coming off the books in what could be the best free agency ever with guys like Wade, LeBron, Amare, (and Bosh too?) all available.

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Jan 10 2009, 11:37 AM
Post #13

Bench

Member No.: 163

I propose Larry Hughes and Joakim Noah for Brad Miller and Jason Thompson. Im guessing the Kings would want to keep Hawes which is understandable. We get rid of a lot of baggage here... I like to finish the year with Gooden and Miller in the front court.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jan 10 2009, 01:34 PM
Post #14

Superstar

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jan 10 2009, 11:37 AM) *
I propose Larry Hughes and Joakim Noah for Brad Miller and Jason Thompson. Im guessing the Kings would want to keep Hawes which is understandable. We get rid of a lot of baggage here... I like to finish the year with Gooden and Miller in the front court.

I doubt Sacramento wants to take on Hughes' contract and Jason Thompson has more potential than either Hawes or Noah so I think they'd rather keep him. I'd do that deal if I were the Bulls for sure but I don't see the Kings doing it.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jan 10 2009, 01:43 PM
Post #15

Superstar

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jan 10 2009, 11:34 AM) *
I doubt Sacramento wants to take on Hughes' contract and Jason Thompson has more potential than either Hawes or Noah so I think they'd rather keep him. I'd do that deal if I were the Bulls for sure but I don't see the Kings doing it.

Hughes's contract is very similar to Brad Miller's. Same expiration date. Hughes costs about $1 million more this year, not sure about 2010, but I think Hughes goes up a little more before then.

Making that deal saves the Bulls roughly $2 million against this year's cap. If the number is similar for next year, then that's another chunk available to lock down Gordon. But the point is...the difference in contracts between those folks is almost negligible for the Kings, and only makes another handful of change available for the Bulls.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:18 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home