Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shaq TRADED to Cleveland!
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 24 2009, 10:45 PM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

The Suns have traded Shaquille O'Neal to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic, a second round pick, and $500,000.

The deal is expected to be finalized and announced Thursday morning

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/artic...aqtrade-CR.html

Chris Broussard was just on ESPN and broke the story but also says Amare may still be traded. Hope the Bulls jump on this!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 24 2009, 10:54 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

Very interesting. That will help a bit, but you've got to think this will hurt Lebron a bit offensively because his driving lanes got a bit smaller. At the same time, if they run some plays through Shaq in the post, Boobie and Mo will get a lot more open shots.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 24 2009, 10:57 PM
Post #3

All-Star

Member No.: 43

I would think Shaq doesn't play in the clutch for FT/agility reasons, still allowing Lebron room to take over when he needs to. Lebron actually might benefit from being able to take a posession off here and there and just dumping it into Shaq down low.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Jun 24 2009, 11:34 PM
Post #4

6th Man

Member No.: 1,947

Wonderful trade for Cleveland.

This should give Shaq a motivated off-season and it immediately makes Cleveland the team to beat next year IMO. There will be some issues with Shaq guarding the pick n' roll of Howard...but Orlando won't just be able to flip it in to Howard and watch Howard destroy Cleveland's big men like in Game 6.

Howard certainly has the upper-hand against Shaq...but this will slow Howard down enough and give Cleveland the edge should they meet again.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jun 25 2009, 07:30 AM
Post #5

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

Great trade for Cleveland. I wish the Bulls would have offered Deng and change.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 25 2009, 09:50 AM
Post #6

All-Star

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 24 2009, 09:45 PM) *
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/artic...aqtrade-CR.html

Chris Broussard was just on ESPN and broke the story but also says Amare may still be traded. Hope the Bulls jump on this!

This is a good move for Cleveland. Doesn't make any sense for the Suns but I guess they figure Sasha isn't a bad piece to have. In terms of the Bulls though, we could have easily made an offer better player wise but my guess is the Suns wanted financial flexibility as opposed to a long-term contract like Deng (that is if we even offered up Luol).

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 25 2009, 10:12 AM
Post #7

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 25 2009, 06:30 AM) *
Great trade for Cleveland. I wish the Bulls would have offered Deng and change.

I'll bet you the Bulls did. I'll bet you the Bulls offered everything they could, but the Suns weren't interested in taking on money. They're saving a fortune on this, esp. if they can buy out Wallace.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 25 2009, 10:47 AM
Post #8

All-Star

Rumor growing that the Bulls offered Deng and Brad Miller for Shaqille and were denied. That is a much much better package than what Cleveland got, talent wise, but clearly Phoenix was looking for financial relief. If thats the case and they are looking for more of the same in an Amare deal, than that Tmac/Brooks/Landry deal is probably the best they could get.

What about a package of expirings, 16, and one of Tyrus/Noah. That might compete with the Houston trade, except, again, Phoenix is getting TMac who might be past his prime a bit but would still put guys in the seats and would score a spiff-ton in that offense (For a horrid team).

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 25 2009, 10:48 AM
Post #9

All-Star

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 25 2009, 09:12 AM) *
I'll bet you the Bulls did. I'll bet you the Bulls offered everything they could, but the Suns weren't interested in taking on money. They're saving a fortune on this, esp. if they can buy out Wallace.

Deja Vu to the Gasol deal. We than saw Gasol go on to win a title. Will we see Shaq do the same? I hope we don't get burned on Bosh/Amare deals. We flat out need to get another guy to go with Rose and I'd rather do it now than wait till FA in a year.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 25 2009, 05:18 PM
Post #10

Superstar

Member No.: 12

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Jun 26 2009, 04:04 PM
Post #11

6th Man

Member No.: 781

^LOL

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jun 26 2009, 09:39 PM
Post #12

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 25 2009, 06:18 PM) *
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ysmLA5TqbIY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ysmLA5TqbIY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That video never gets old. My favorite part is the "Who the fish still uses a pay phone?" line.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:41 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home