Closed TopicStart new topic
> April 22 - Bulls (7) @ Heat (2), Eastern Conference Round 1
madisonsmadhouse
post Apr 24 2006, 06:43 AM
Post #196

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

QUOTE (BuLLzDoMaIn @ Apr 23 2006, 11:34 AM)
But why would skiles do that. We didnt need a 3 that fast. But if it went it we all would of said great play lol But w.e

I don't know this for sure, but one of two things happened there... Either Skiles had them put up a shot quick hoping to lengthen the game into as many pocessions as possible, hoping to keep trading 3 points for 2 points while not letting anytime run off of the clock, or #2 Skiles told them to take the first good shot they saw, and since Noc got a quick look almost right away off of the out of bounds play, he took the shot.

To be honest, I figured Skiles would play for one shot, and try for the OT, but that is a personal preference thing right there. Do you want to play OT on the road in the playoffs, or do you try to make the game as many posessions as possible to try to maybe win the game? That's all about preference, and really the only wrong answer is the one that doesn't work that particular day...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Apr 24 2006, 10:50 AM
Post #197

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

Also this is the official word from Skiles on Gordon. From today's trib

MIAMI -- The Heat's defense against Ben Gordon in the final minutes of the Bulls' Game 1 loss on Saturday likely was a preview of the way they will handle the second-year guard Monday night.

"They'll probably try to pay more attention to me," Gordon said Sunday. "Maybe it will get my teammates better shots."
Gordon scored 35 against the Heat but had only two points in the final 8 minutes 21 seconds, largely because Gary Payton, an eight-time all-defensive first-teamer, was assigned to him full-time.

"When we started into our pick-and-roll game, instead of coming off Ben, they stayed with him," coach Scott Skiles said.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 12 13 14
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:49 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home