IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bulls Hire Vinny Del Negro as Head Coach, Official, real, actually happened, true, yes.
SoxFan1
post Jun 9 2008, 10:53 PM
Post #16

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

I'm not saying spiff until it comes from Paxson or Reisndorf that he is absolutely, 100% our coach.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jun 10 2008, 12:21 PM
Post #17

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 99

The choice of Vinny Del Negro, which reportedly might be announced as soon as today, seems desperate. Until the hire becomes official -- we know that nothing is certain until an official announcement is made, thank you chairman Jerry Reinsdorf -- we can hope the Bulls are merely floating the idea to gauge public reaction. But at this moment, only one conclusion is possible: The Bulls have blown it again. After a nearly two-month search, Del Negro is the best they can do? Paxson is willing to hand over the team, not to mention the No. 1 pick in the upcoming draft, to a rookie coach? How could Paxson go from wooing the best available coaching candidate in Mike D'Antoni, to reaching out for the comfort of an old friend in Doug Collins, to settling for Del Negro, who has never coached before?

all that. thats what im saying. i dont understand at all. but it looks like it is official because on bulls.com it says press conference at 2:00 wednesday. i would have been happier with casey, he had a bad record in minnesota but that was with a bad team.

+Quote Post
truthandbasketba...
post Jun 11 2008, 02:40 AM
Post #18

6th Man

Member No.: 256

I remember Vinny from his San Antonio days and he had kind of a cult following among my high school basketball team in Ireland. I guess they just thought he was gutsy on the floor and at the time the Spurs were pretty decent too. I remember a few practices with kids shouting "Vinny Del Negro" and firing up threes. That highlight reel from Italy was nuts. He was lighting them up from everywhere, inside, outside, dunking, cutting, hanging jumpers.... what an exhibition... if he can teach the Bulls to move like that on the floor we'll be a lot better next year. I think Vinny's biggest issue will be earning the respect of our players. If he can do that and succeed where both Skiles and Boylan ultimately failed he will be fine. Now all we have to do is draft Rose/Beasley and trade a package of a couple guards and a forward (or vice versa) for a true superstar to add to the mix. Go Bulls!!!!

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 11 2008, 10:17 AM
Post #19

Superstar

Member No.: 23

Good praise for VDN from Steve Kerr and Bryan Colangelo...
In a phone interview, Colangelo said previous experience isn't mandatory and former players can soak up experience from different coaches during their careers.

Colangelo, currently the Raptors' general manager, hired Del Negro as a scout when he was in Phoenix.

"Vinny's definitely a student of the game," he said.

Just because Kerr sought previous coaching experience in his hire doesn't mean he didn't value Del Negro's knowledge while talking basketball in Del Negro's role as assistant GM.

"He did a good job for us scouting, but his mind is always on strategy and player development," Kerr said. "He's more interested in teaching than evaluating. He's really good with people, a great communicator. That's why I think he'll be good with a young team."

With no previous experience, Del Negro's philosophy and coaching style have yet to be unveiled.

"He'll want to push the ball and play fast," Kerr said. "But he'll preach defense as well. He'll be well-balanced as a coach, and I really see him growing into the job."

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jun 11 2008, 12:04 PM
Post #20

Leading Scorer

"He'll want to push the ball and play fast," Kerr said. "But he'll preach defense as well. He'll be well-balanced as a coach, and I really see him growing into the job."

i like that.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 11 2008, 12:56 PM
Post #21

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Tune into Comcast Sports Net at 2:00 to watch Vinny's press conference for all who want to know.

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Jun 11 2008, 01:06 PM
Post #22

6th Man

Member No.: 61

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jun 11 2008, 01:13 PM) *
i like that.

I like that a lot too. I've since warmed up to this pick. Why not?!? Let's see what he can do. From everything I've read he has a pretty good basketball mind as well as a good communicator. It's going to be on the players as to whether they buy into how he wants this team to play. I like this pick better than some burned out old retread. I'm hoping Vinny gets the benefit of the doubt and people/the media/and the team gives this guy an honest chance. The media has been BRUTAL with this hiring...but I know it's directed more at the organization than Vinny.

Rose with the first pick....and let's get up and down the court.

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Jun 11 2008, 01:08 PM
Post #23

6th Man

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 11 2008, 02:05 PM) *
Tune into Comcast Sports Net at 2:00 to watch Vinny's press conference for all who want to know.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/

For the out of towners...

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Jun 11 2008, 01:55 PM
Post #24

6th Man

Very well spoken throughout the entire presser. I actually came away quite impressed with Vinny. Looking forward to see who he brings in on his staff. One reporter asked about bringing in Toni Kukoc.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 11 2008, 02:03 PM
Post #25

Superstar

Member No.: 73

I can see how Vinny blew away JP during his interview, he's a great speaker and he blew me away as well.

His philosophy: It starts with defense and on offense he wants to play uptempo but not out of control, create the unpredictable..

I like his statement about meeting with the players and the ability to be able to put his arm around them and just talk to them like a normal person, that struck me as a definite +! Skiles was far from that, communication was a big issue with this team. If he can sell the players than we will be better off as a team.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 11 2008, 02:08 PM
Post #26

Superstar

Member No.: 12

I also came away pretty impressed. He's obviously a great communicator with what we heard from Kerr/Colangelo as well as what we saw in the press conference. We've got a coach now, the draft can't some soon enough. I'd love to see Del Negro coach the Summer League team to try and get some more experience with X's and O's as well as with player interaction.

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Jun 11 2008, 02:18 PM
Post #27

6th Man

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 11 2008, 03:17 PM) *
I'd love to see Del Negro coach the Summer League team to try and get some more experience with X's and O's as well as with player interaction.

I don't believe a HC can do that.....

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 11 2008, 03:33 PM
Post #28

Superstar

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 11 2008, 01:12 PM) *
I can see how Vinny blew away JP during his interview, he's a great speaker and he blew me away as well.

His philosophy: It starts with defense and on offense he wants to play uptempo but not out of control, create the unpredictable..

I like his statement about meeting with the players and the ability to be able to put his arm around them and just talk to them like a normal person, that struck me as a definite +! Skiles was far from that, communication was a big issue with this team. If he can sell the players than we will be better off as a team.

Again, I don't know if it will hold true when the hard parts hit, and I don't know if it will be effective...but if you asked me 4 months ago what I wanted our next head coach to be saying, that would pretty much be exactly it.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jun 11 2008, 04:01 PM
Post #29

Leading Scorer

i thought he did really well with the press conference he presented himself well and i definently like his philosphy and that he is a good communicator, and also he wants to talk to all the players individually and see what they are all about. im exited to see what kind of staff he brings in, the draft cant come fast enough.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 11 2008, 04:42 PM
Post #30

Superstar

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jun 11 2008, 03:10 PM) *
i thought he did really well with the press conference he presented himself well and i definently like his philosphy and that he is a good communicator, and also he wants to talk to all the players individually and see what they are all about. im exited to see what kind of staff he brings in, the draft cant come fast enough.

Are you kidding? The longer the draft takes to roll around the better. Our coaching staff and GM now have barely 2.5 weeks to get down to the business of working out Rose and Beasley and interviewing them and such, while at the same time trying to build a coaching staff and giving the coach a chance to get to know his players. VDN might as well not sleep for the next 2 weeks.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 12:40 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home