Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tyson Chandler and Eddy Curry, vs Ben Wallace and PJ Brown
Michael Jordan
post Feb 8 2007, 10:18 PM
Post #1

12th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 51

Chandler is 11 and 22 so far tonight. In his last 5 he is 11 and 14. On season he is 8, 11 and 2.
Eddy Curry is 20 and 7 on the season.

Both are 24 years old and get paid less than Wallace and Brown.

Why do we have to live through this misery for at least the next 10 years?

Also considering we could've had these two while still retaining our current big 4 of Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, and Nocioni only adds fuel to the fire...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Feb 8 2007, 10:23 PM
Post #2

I'm fresh.

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 131

Eddy Curry had heart problems and is a fatty.

We have Tyrus Thomas and another pick coming up.

Pax has taken this team from a perrennial 11 win team to back to back playoffs. I'm fine with that freak of an experient being over with.

+Quote Post
Michael Jordan
post Feb 8 2007, 10:25 PM
Post #3

12th Man

QUOTE (Michael Jordan @ Feb 8 2007, 10:11 PM) *
Chandler is 11 and 22 so far tonight. In his last 5 he is 11 and 14. On season he is 8, 11 and 2.

Also considering we could've had these two while still retaining our current big 4 of Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, and Nocioni only adds fuel to the fire...

If we have those two, we are easily the Best team in the East right now. Krause had a vision. Paxon blew it up.

+Quote Post
Jordan4life_2007
post Feb 8 2007, 10:26 PM
Post #4

12th Man

Member No.: 74

I was just thinking about this earlier today. It's a shame. We would easily be the top team in the east with these two still around. Just shows what can happen when you give up on young talent too early. Now were stuck with the now overrated, overpaid, declining Ben Wallace for the next 4 years. P.J. has basically been a waste of space.

+Quote Post
DrunkBomber
post Feb 8 2007, 10:28 PM
Post #5

6th Man

Member No.: 214

Chandler is a joke. Hes a little hot head twerp who gets dominated by big men and with Curry we didnt have much of a choice. We all wanted to keep Curry here but his heart condition (AKA ephedra) and his refusal for the physical made it impossible.

+Quote Post
Jordan4life_2007
post Feb 8 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #6

12th Man

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Feb 8 2007, 10:16 PM) *
Eddy Curry had heart problems and is a fatty.

We have Tyrus Thomas and another pick coming up.

Pax has taken this team from a perrennial 11 win team to back to back playoffs. I'm fine with that freak of an experient being over with.

That fatty should've made the all-star team. Eddy is having a great year. I give Paxson a lot of credit for turning this franchise around. But he has made some pretty dumb moves.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Feb 8 2007, 10:21 PM) *
Chandler is a joke. Hes a little hot head twerp who gets dominated by big men and with Curry we didnt have much of a choice. We all wanted to keep Curry here but his heart condition (AKA ephedra) and his refusal for the physical made it impossible.

What? Dude is averaging almost 12 RPG. And, unlike Mr. 15 million dollar man, has a solid impact defensively EVERY single night. I'm torn as far as Eddy goes. I never wanted him to go. But I understood, atleast at the time, why he had to. If Tyrus Thomas becomes the player we all think and hope he becomes, and our pick this year is somewhere in the top 6 or so, the trade basically evens out for both teams (we win the trade easily if we can somehow, someway land Oden or Durant).

+Quote Post
Michael Jordan
post Feb 8 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #7

12th Man

QUOTE (Jordan4life_2007 @ Feb 8 2007, 10:19 PM) *
I was just thinking about this earlier today. It's a shame. We would easily be the top team in the east with these two still around. Just shows what can happen when you give up on young talent too early. Now were stuck with the now overrated, overpaid, declining Ben Wallace for the next 4 years. P.J. has basically been a waste of space.

Apparently he was okay. The Knicks doctors checked Curry and they said he was perfectly fine. Paxson made up that story about Curry having a heart problem so he wouldn't have to gamble on 2 unproven players.

+Quote Post
Jordan4life_2007
post Feb 8 2007, 10:34 PM
Post #8

12th Man

QUOTE (Michael Jordan @ Feb 8 2007, 10:25 PM) *
Apparently he was okay. The Knicks doctors checked Curry and they said he was perfectly fine. Paxson made up that story about Curry having a heart problem so he wouldn't have to gamble on 2 unproven players.

I won't say all that. But there should've been a way to resolve the situation without having to trade Eddy.

+Quote Post
Michael Jordan
post Feb 8 2007, 10:36 PM
Post #9

12th Man

QUOTE (Jordan4life_2007 @ Feb 8 2007, 10:19 PM) *

Do you watch basketball outside of Chicago? Chandler is having a great year and is averaging a lot less TO per mins played then he did with the Bulls. That tells me that he has learned to play the game. He will also improve as he is only 24. As Bulls fans we need to admit that paxson made a mistake and that will haunt us for years to come.

+Quote Post
Jordan4life_2007
post Feb 8 2007, 10:37 PM
Post #10

12th Man

QUOTE (Michael Jordan @ Feb 8 2007, 10:29 PM) *
Do you watch basketball outside of Chicago? Chandler is having a great year and is averaging a lot less TO per mins played then he did with the Bulls. That tells me that he has learned to play the game. He will also improve as he is only 24. As Bulls fans we need to admit that paxson made a mistake and that will haunt us for years to come.

Did you mean to quote Drunkbomber? lol.

+Quote Post
DrunkBomber
post Feb 8 2007, 10:57 PM
Post #11

6th Man

Member No.: 214

06/07-7.6 points, 11.6 rpg, ft%492 TO 1.6 and his team isnt winning and isnt anywhere near the playoffs this year.

career- 7.1, 8.2 rpg

He also has a fairly nice sized little contract himself.

Hes constantly in foul trouble and that kills his minutes.

We also didn't trade him hoping to pick up much from the deal, it was to dump his contract and bring in some veteran leadership. The mistake the Bulls made was trading Brand for Chandler and not working something out with Curry. There are tons of players who could put up those numbers on a losing team.

Theres also addition by subtraction with Wallace, like Vinateiri and the Colts. We took the heart and soul from the perennial best team in the east.

Chandler grabbing a few rebounds when his team is below 500 isnt gonna amount to him stopping Shaq in the eastern conference finals or anything of that nature.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Feb 8 2007, 11:17 PM
Post #12

All-Star

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Michael Jordan @ Feb 8 2007, 08:11 PM) *

I know that if we had this squad with Curry and Wallace we would be the clear favorites to win the East. However, at the time there was absolutely no way the Chicago Bulls could have given Eddy Curry the contract he got from the Knicks. I feel bad for Eddy for leaving because he really is a very solid guy (and misunderstand by many Bulls fans because Eddy was not a problem child by any means) but he took the money and at the time got some bad advice to pass up on the genetic test. It looks like everything was fine but the Bulls weren't about to run a guy out on the court who could die. They even offered to pay him a very good chunk of money for the rest of his life if he took the test and failed.

The Bulls were looking out for him but his agent and friends were telling him the wrong things. Luckily he has stayed healthy and the mistake he made by not trusting the Bulls isn't going to bite him in the butt.

QUOTE (Michael Jordan @ Feb 8 2007, 08:18 PM) *
If we have those two, we are easily the Best team in the East right now. Krause had a vision. Paxon blew it up.

Tyson Chandler would not have put up the numbers he currently is with the Bulls. I liked Chandler but he wasn't working in Chicago and Ben Wallace is twice the player Chandler is. However, I'd be the first to say that Tyson has the potential to be a Ben Wallace type player and at times he is that guy.

QUOTE (Michael Jordan @ Feb 8 2007, 08:25 PM) *

Dude, Eddy Curry was hospitalized and missed the rest of the season that year. The Bulls were afraid he had a genetic heart condition and the only way to find out whether he had it or not was to take a medical test. The Bulls had a deal as good, if not better than the one the Knicks offered but it was contingent on Curry taking the genetic test. The Bulls also told Curry that if he failed the test he would get something like 25-30 million from the Bulls (paid out sporatically every year) for the next 25-30 years. I don't think there is a franchise in the league that would have treated Eddy as classy as the Bulls did.

And to this day if you talk to Eddy about it I think he knows just how much the Bulls cared and he's said that. That whole situation also still holds a soft spot to Paxson. I should add if the Bulls had Curry and Deng at 100% in those playoffs we take out the Wizards and probably have a chance at making a nice run (as we were playing tremendous basketball late that season).

+Quote Post
Michael Jordan
post Feb 9 2007, 03:24 AM
Post #13

12th Man

QUOTE (Michael Jordan @ Feb 8 2007, 10:29 PM) *

Yeah. Sorry about that.

QUOTE (Michael Jordan @ Feb 9 2007, 03:11 AM) *
Yeah. Sorry about that.

LOL. I still can't get this quoting system.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 8 2007, 11:10 PM) *
I know that if we had this squad with Curry and Wallace we would be the clear favorites to win the East. However, at the time there was absolutely no way the Chicago Bulls could have given Eddy Curry the contract he got from the Knicks. I feel bad for Eddy for leaving because he really is a very solid guy (and misunderstand by many Bulls fans because Eddy was not a problem child by any means) but he took the money and at the time got some bad advice to pass up on the genetic test. It looks like everything was fine but the Bulls weren't about to run a guy out on the court who could die. They even offered to pay him a very good chunk of money for the rest of his life if he took the test and failed.

The Bulls were looking out for him but his agent and friends were telling him the wrong things. Luckily he has stayed healthy and the mistake he made by not trusting the Bulls isn't going to bite him in the butt.
Tyson Chandler would not have put up the numbers he currently is with the Bulls. I liked Chandler but he wasn't working in Chicago and Ben Wallace is twice the player Chandler is. However, I'd be the first to say that Tyson has the potential to be a Ben Wallace type player and at times he is that guy.
Dude, Eddy Curry was hospitalized and missed the rest of the season that year. The Bulls were afraid he had a genetic heart condition and the only way to find out whether he had it or not was to take a medical test. The Bulls had a deal as good, if not better than the one the Knicks offered but it was contingent on Curry taking the genetic test. The Bulls also told Curry that if he failed the test he would get something like 25-30 million from the Bulls (paid out sporatically every year) for the next 25-30 years. I don't think there is a franchise in the league that would have treated Eddy as classy as the Bulls did.

And to this day if you talk to Eddy about it I think he knows just how much the Bulls cared and he's said that. That whole situation also still holds a soft spot to Paxson. I should add if the Bulls had Curry and Deng at 100% in those playoffs we take out the Wizards and probably have a chance at making a nice run (as we were playing tremendous basketball late that season).

Dude, the Knicks doctors CHECKED Curry and they told him he was FINE! Why the hell would doctors lie? I don't even think Paxson consulted a real doctor. He just wanted to get Curry out of here b/c he didnt' want to pay him the money so he made a bullshit story.

+Quote Post
truthandbasketba...
post Feb 9 2007, 04:48 AM
Post #14

6th Man

Member No.: 256

QUOTE (Michael Jordan @ Feb 9 2007, 03:17 AM) *
Yeah. Sorry about that.
LOL. I still can't get this quoting system.
Dude, the Knicks doctors CHECKED Curry and they told him he was FINE! Why the hell would doctors lie? I don't even think Paxson consulted a real doctor. He just wanted to get Curry out of here b/c he didnt' want to pay him the money so he made a bullshit story.

Cast your mind back to the 04/05 season and you’ll see that Eddy only played 63 games that year and no playoff games. This was because he was diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat also known as an arrhythmia. I don’t know if you are familiar with Reggie Lewis but he was a Boston Celtic player who had similar heart problems to Eddy, was cleared to play by a doctor, and at age 27 dropped dead on a practice court in the 1993 off-season. Consequently afterward there was a medical malpractice lawsuit filed against his doctor, Dr Gilbert Mudge. Mudge defended his decision to let Lewis play citing that Lewis came to him in 1993 seeking a second opinion after the Celtics' "Dream Team" of doctors said he had a potentially fatal heart ailment that threatened his playing career.
Sound familiar????
There are doctors out there who can be bought for the right price and NBA teams sure have enough cash to throw around. Look at the Knicks payroll for Christ sake!!! You really think that that snake Isaiah Thomas gives a crap about his player’s well beings??? Think again....

Knowing that Eddy was experiencing heart problems Pax was weary about letting Eddy play without knowing for certain that his life was not at risk. I don’t know about you but that says something to me about Pax's relationship to his players. He put Eddy's safety before the team and asked Curry to take a DNA test to ensure Eddy was physically fit enough to play. If you go to any business in the world you'll see similar evaluations or tests of an employees ability to perform basic job tasks. This was no different but Eddy, fearing that he was going to fail, (Why would he be scared of something if it wasn’t true??????) opted not to take the test and left Pax with a decision.
Do I sign him, which is great for business, and risk his well being or do I let him go and know in my heart that I’m not the one responsible if he dies on the court. Pax made the right choice, the choice that I would hope all of us would make in the same situation. People come first.
So dont blame Pax, blame Eddy...he put his wealth before his health and that is the real reason why hes no longer a Bull.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Feb 9 2007, 08:38 AM
Post #15

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

QUOTE (truthandbasketball @ Feb 9 2007, 04:41 AM) *
Do I sign him, which is great for business, and risk his well being or do I let him go and know in my heart that I’m not the one responsible if he dies on the court. Pax made the right choice, the choice that I would hope all of us would make in the same situation. People come first.
So dont blame Pax, blame Eddy...he put his wealth before his health and that is the real reason why hes no longer a Bull.[/color]

THANK YOU.

Second guess all you want people, but the amazing Eddy Curry (who still doesn't play a lick of defense) doesn't even have his Knicks en-route to the playoffs this season. If Curry were still here, two things would be different... he wouldn't be a fat cow now, because the Bulls actually insisted he didn't turn into a better version of Michael Sweetney, and he still wouldn't be playing at the end of the 4th quarter because he never had the work ethic to actually improve his defense.

As for Chandler, I never wanted to deal him, and I thought giving him away was nuts... but Pax had a vision, and his vision (which includes Gordon, Hinrich, Deng, Sefolosha, Nocioni) is the one that has us winning, not the failed vision of Jerry Krause and his Eddie Robinson.

People are all in love with Krause because he gave us Curry and Chandler. Are you all forgetting who he dealt to get the pick to acquire Chandler? If we still have Brand, we're ten times better than we ever would have been with Chandler!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:04 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home