Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Orlando Summer League Thread
SoxFan1
post Jun 30 2008, 10:33 PM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

Game 1: Monday, July 7 vs Miami (Rose vs Beasley)

Game 2: Tuesday, July 8 vs Indiana

Game 3: Wednesday, July 9 vs Orlando

Game 4: Thursday, July 10 vs New Jersey (should be a good PG match-up with Rose/Williams)

Game 5: Friday, July 11 vs Seattle (Rose vs Wetbrook)

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/Magic_to_Hos...-274224-66.html

Paxson said in today's press conference that we should expect to see Rose, Nichols, Thomas, Gray, and Noah. I'd assume Thabo might be there as well.

NOTE: ALL GAMES WILL BE VIDEOCASTED LIVE ON ORLANDOMAGIC.COM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 30 2008, 10:42 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

Awesome, thanks for putting this up smile.gif

For my predictions wink.gif:

Rose- 11.9 ppg 4.6 rpg 4.9 apg

Tyrus- 14.6 8.0 rpg 2.2 apg 2.7 bpg

Thabo- 10.0 ppg 5.3 rpg 3.4 apg

Noah- 6.8 ppg 8.6 rpg 1.4 bpg

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 30 2008, 10:44 PM
Post #3

Superstar

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 30 2008, 11:42 PM) *
Awesome, thanks for putting this up smile.gif

For my predictions wink.gif:

Rose- 11.9 ppg 4.6 rpg 4.9 apg

Tyrus- 14.6 8.0 rpg 2.2 apg 2.7 bpg

Thabo- 10.0 ppg 5.3 rpg 3.4 apg

Noah- 6.8 ppg 8.6 rpg 1.4 bpg

Those are pretty tame. Tyrus dropped 16 last year, Thabo had 15.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jun 30 2008, 10:51 PM
Post #4

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

I know it's just summer league, but it's hard not to get excited to see Rose on the court for the 1st time in a Bulls jersey... As well as him playing with Tyrus, Thabo, Noah, etc...

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 30 2008, 10:51 PM
Post #5

All-Star

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 30 2008, 09:33 PM) *
Game 1: Monday, July 7 vs Miami (Rose vs Beasley)

Game 2: Tuesday, July 8 vs Indiana

Game 3: Wednesday, July 9 vs Orlando

Game 4: Thursday, July 10 vs New Jersey (should be a good PG match-up with Rose/Williams)

Game 5: Friday, July 11 vs Seattle (Rose vs Wetbrook)

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/Magic_to_Hos...-274224-66.html

Paxson said in today's press conference that we should expect to see Rose, Nichols, Thomas, Gray, and Noah. I'd assume Thabo might be there as well.

Hopefully Thabo is there as additional playing time would be good for him. The only reason I wouldn't expect him there is if he is playing on his international team (assuming Sweden (or was it Switzerland) has a team) in the summer olympics? Or am I completely off-based there.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 30 2008, 10:52 PM
Post #6

All-Star

I wonder what the tv schedule will be. I'd have to imagine ESPN will cover the Rose/Beasley game (they usually televise at least a few summer league games). Hell with the advent of NBA TV I wouldn't be surprised if they televise some of the summer league games as well (what else are they going to show during July).

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 30 2008, 10:53 PM
Post #7

Superstar

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 30 2008, 11:52 PM) *
I wonder what the tv schedule will be. I'd have to imagine ESPN will cover the Rose/Beasley game (they usually televise at least a few summer league games). Hell with the advent of NBA TV I wouldn't be surprised if they televise some of the summer league games as well (what else are they going to show during July).

The Magic website will videocast all the games live online, not sure about TV games.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 30 2008, 10:55 PM
Post #8

All-Star

What can you guys tell me about this Nichols character that the Bulls are keeping over Curry (who essentially was released by the Bulls or am I mistaken by that). I saw where they gave Nichols a qualifying offer but not Curry.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 30 2008, 10:58 PM
Post #9

Superstar

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 30 2008, 11:55 PM) *
What can you guys tell me about this Nichols character that the Bulls are keeping over Curry (who essentially was released by the Bulls or am I mistaken by that). I saw where they gave Nichols a qualifying offer but not Curry.

Curry obviously has the off-court issues, but Nichols was the 15th man on the roster nearly the entire season. Didn't play much at all. He's a SF with a good outside shot. Here's he scouting report...

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/d...risnichols.html

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 30 2008, 11:02 PM
Post #10

All-Star

Member No.: 43

IIRC NBATV normally televises a fair number of the summer league games. Pretty sure that's a premium channel on most providers though.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 30 2008, 11:03 PM
Post #11

All-Star

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 30 2008, 09:58 PM) *
Curry obviously has the off-court issues, but Nichols was the 15th man on the roster nearly the entire season. Didn't play much at all. He's a SF with a good outside shot. Here's he scouting report...

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/d...risnichols.html

Thanks Slav. I remembered him on the roster, but for some reason, can't picture him actually on the court other than for a couple minutes (but I was pretty terrible towards the end of the season at watching the games cause all I'd do was get frustrated with the absolute piss poor fundementals the Bulls were displaying most of the season; as well as the horrid rotations Boylan was throwing out there).

I'm so thrilled about the changes made at the coaching ranks (loved Skiles a lot and am very appreciative of what he did) as I really believe Del Negro and the new assistants are going to be tremendous assets. I say this with the assumption the Bulls get Harris which I think will be huge. You have Harris and Bickerstaff as well as some solid developmental coaches and you are talking about a tremendous coaching staff (one that rivals what the Bulls used to do when Phil Jackson was here, where Phil was a more quiet, motivator and his assistants were much more engulfed in the X's and O's throughout the season; although Phil would take over in key situations).

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 30 2008, 11:04 PM
Post #12

All-Star

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 30 2008, 10:02 PM) *
IIRC NBATV normally televises a fair number of the summer league games. Pretty sure that's a premium channel on most providers though.

Yeah, its typically on the sports tier for most cable networks (or at least my network). SO essentially as long as you get NFL/ESPNews than you should get NBA TV.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jun 30 2008, 11:04 PM
Post #13

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 99

pax said practice for summer league starts thursday. im exited to see what rose does with tyrus and noah and even thabo if he plays. it will be interesting to see who the bulls fill up the rest of their roster with.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 30 2008, 11:06 PM
Post #14

All-Star

What would be cool is if the Bulls could bring the euro player over for summer league each year to just get him familiar with the coaching staff and let the Bulls brass give him pointers and have there coaches help him on getting better. Obviously the Euro League team would have a hissy fit since he could potentially get hurt and would than have an impact on the Euro Team (since they are paying his salary, not the Bulls).

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jul 1 2008, 10:10 AM
Post #15

Superstar

Member No.: 23

So I take it none of the Bulls will be playing in the Las Vegas summer league this year? Crap. I was actually going to be in Vegas for the first few days of that league.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:41 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home