IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> where do you put rose among the leagues best PG's?
Sanitarium
post May 31 2010, 11:04 PM
Post #1

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 781

better than rondo? better than CP3? better than nash?

deron is the best in the game. i think it goes:

1. deron
2a. rose
2b. nash
3. rondo
4. cp3
5. jameer

i know its kinda hard to justify rose that high but... nash is a poor defender, and derrick is a better shooter and not a tool like rondo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 1 2010, 12:35 AM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Sanitarium @ Jun 1 2010, 12:04 AM) *
better than rondo? better than CP3? better than nash?

deron is the best in the game. i think it goes:

1. deron
2a. rose
2b. nash
3. rondo
4. cp3
5. jameer

i know its kinda hard to justify rose that high but... nash is a poor defender, and derrick is a better shooter and not a tool like rondo

Wait wait wait...Rose is a better shooter than Nash or am I reading that wrong?

My list probably goes Williams, Nash, Paul, Rose, Rondo, Kidd, Nelson.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 1 2010, 06:55 AM
Post #3

Superstar

Member No.: 23

Williams, Nash, Rondo, Paul, Rose.

Paul would be higher but he spent all last year hurt, and I count that against guys.

Rondo is higher mainly because he's a better defender than DR1 right now, and probably in no small part also because he has better scoring options to send the ball to.

Next year, I'd be shocked if I made the same list and put Rose lower than 3, and with the right coaching hire, he could easily slide into 1.

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Jun 1 2010, 09:29 AM
Post #4

6th Man

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 1 2010, 02:35 AM) *
Wait wait wait...Rose is a better shooter than Nash or am I reading that wrong?

My list probably goes Williams, Nash, Paul, Rose, Rondo, Kidd, Nelson.

no i was saying he's a better shooter than rondo.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jun 1 2010, 10:33 AM
Post #5

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

well i saw bruce bowen ranked CP3 5th and i just had to laugh, thats ridiculous. paul is still the best PG in the league.
1. CP3
2. d-will
3. nash
4. rose
5. rondo
others: billups, nelson
i have drose 4th but i think he passes up nash this season. ronda 5th because if he didnt have the big 3 he would be nothing but an average PG.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 1 2010, 07:46 PM
Post #6

Superstar

Member No.: 73

CP3 is special. People forget too easily just how good he is.

#1 Paul
#2 D Williams
#3 D Rose
#4 Rondo
#5 Nash

4 and 5 are interchangeable, wasn't sure who to put ahead of who. Both are excellent passers, Nash is a better shooter, Rondo is the better defender.

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Jun 1 2010, 09:59 PM
Post #7

6th Man

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jun 1 2010, 12:33 PM) *
i have drose 4th but i think he passes up nash this season. ronda 5th because if he didnt have the big 3 he would be nothing but an average PG.

i hate rondo as much as anybody else... but hes smart. he can pass and he can get in your face and defend.

and... i dont care how you break it down. deron is better than cp3 period

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 2 2010, 01:28 PM
Post #8

All-Star

Member No.: 43

The top-3 are clearly Williams, Paul and Nash in some order. They're all on another tier in terms of creating quality shots for themselves and their teammates.

You can debate the order depending on your preferences. Nash is clearly the best shooter, though his marginal lateral quickness hurts him on defense. Paul is the quickest and limits his turnovers the most, but his lack of size and tendency to go for steals on D hurts him a bit. There's also the injury issues at the moment. Williams is kind of the middle ground, not insanely good in any one area but solid all around and he also has by far the best size.

The previous two years, Paul was the best and for stretches of this year he probably still was, but he missed far too much time and may not be 100% yet. If you put a gun to my head I'd take Williams right now until we see for sure that Paul can still go for 22-11 next season, though given Nash's age and potential decline I'd probably bet on Paul over him for the next few years.

I'd take Rose #4 because he has shown he can make a difference with a relatively marginal supporting cast. Everyone knows he has to get somewhere around 20-6 for the Bulls to win the game and he still does it. He's not quite on that upper tier as a passer, but he's a respectable 3-point stroke from being the most dangerous as a scorer and with a better supporting cast could easily get 8 APG.

Rondo goes #5 for me. Obviously he gets to the basket with ease, runs the offense well and makes a difference on defense. However, his shooting is a glaring weakness. I also think he benefits quite a bit from the Allen/Pierce/Garnett trio; they make shots when he gets them open and take an awful lot of pressure off of him. I don't think he'd be as effective if he had to carry a team on a nightly basis.

Billups is just outside the top-5 for me as I think he relies on his jumper far too much to carry a weak team (though he's probably the best fit on a team with other established scorers). Russell Westbrook also could crack the list with an improved field goal percentage, and John Wall will probably be in the discussion before long.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 3 2010, 01:37 AM
Post #9

Superstar

Member No.: 12

Anyone putting Rose above Nash is absolutely delirious. And I'm also an idiot for forgetting Billups. And as much as I hate Rondo and as nice as it must be to have the guys he does to pass it to, he's proved that he's legit. So here I go...

1. Williams
2. Nash
3. Paul (only because of injury)
4. Rose
5. Rondo
6. Billups
7. Kidd
8. Nelson

How do you average under 5 assists a game with having the shooters around you that Nelson does?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:21 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home