Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Around the NBA, For NonBulls News
Chisoxfn
post Mar 13 2006, 11:02 PM
Post #1

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 3

Here is a thread for NBA fans to discuss the rest of the league. For example...Kobe scores 81 again, everyone can go ahead and call him a ball hog in where. All while I call him amazing. biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Mar 13 2006, 11:02 PM
Post #2

All-Star

Iverson will miss at least 1 game due to his ankle injury. It could be more.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Mar 14 2006, 06:04 PM
Post #3

All-Star

Member No.: 21

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 13 2006, 10:55 PM)
Iverson will miss at least 1 game due to his ankle injury. It could be more.

That could be huge for the Bulls if Iverson misses any considerable amount of time. They really are in trouble if AI is out.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Mar 14 2006, 06:29 PM
Post #4

All-Star

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 14 2006, 03:57 PM)
That could be huge for the Bulls if Iverson misses any considerable amount of time. They really are in trouble if AI is out.

Webber has been playing ridiculous as of late though, so that helps them a lot. If he's out for an extended time than I think theyd' start to press and hit a funk.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Mar 14 2006, 06:30 PM
Post #5

All-Star

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 14 2006, 06:22 PM)
Webber has been playing ridiculous as of late though, so that helps them a lot. If he's out for an extended time than I think theyd' start to press and hit a funk.

Webber doesn't scare me at all. He quit playing defense years ago, and he thinks that Rex Grossman is a model of health. Igudola is the only guy on that team that is scary, and I think if he were the primary weapon, he wouldn't be nearly as good as when teams are scared of Iverson.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Mar 14 2006, 06:34 PM
Post #6

All-Star

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 14 2006, 04:23 PM)
Webber doesn't scare me at all. He quit playing defense years ago, and he thinks that Rex Grossman is a model of health. Igudola is the only guy on that team that is scary, and I think if he were the primary weapon, he wouldn't be nearly as good as when teams are scared of Iverson.

Technically speaking Webber had I think 1 yerar where he was hurt (last year he was banged up). This season he's been a total rock. He isn't as athletic as he once was, but he's still one of the better 4's in the game.

Igu is an impressive specimen but he still has a lot to learn and can be taken out of games (just like Deng can from time to time). Dalembert has been in a funk though for the Sixers.

+Quote Post
Timoperezrulez
post Mar 14 2006, 06:46 PM
Post #7

12th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

Chris Weber = rich mans Darius Songilia

+Quote Post
Heads22
post Mar 14 2006, 08:21 PM
Post #8

Rookie

Member No.: 8

Timo, make ya sig smaller.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Mar 15 2006, 08:36 AM
Post #9

All-Star

Emeka Okafur is done for the season. Damn, we needed him to come back so that they could win a few more games and stay behind the Knicks for the first pick race.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2368833

+Quote Post
SleepyWhiteSox
post Mar 15 2006, 11:21 AM
Post #10

Bench

Member No.: 27

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 14 2006, 06:27 PM)
Technically speaking Webber had I think 1 yerar where he was hurt (last year he was banged up). This season he's been a total rock. He isn't as athletic as he once was, but he's still one of the better 4's in the game.

Igu is an impressive specimen but he still has a lot to learn and can be taken out of games (just like Deng can from time to time). Dalembert has been in a funk though for the Sixers.

Doesn't look like they're playing Dalembert much...

+Quote Post
SleepyWhiteSox
post Mar 15 2006, 11:23 AM
Post #11

Bench

Member No.: 27

QUOTE (Timoperezrulez @ Mar 14 2006, 06:39 PM)
Chris Weber = rich mans Darius Songilia

He's having an outstanding offensive season...still a great passer...

+Quote Post
hammerhead johns...
post Mar 15 2006, 12:15 PM
Post #12

Bench

Member No.: 22

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 15 2006, 11:14 AM)
Doesn't look like they're playing Dalembert much...

From fanball:

Former starting center Samuel Dalembert continues to come off the bench and work his way back from injury, while former backup Stephen Hunter continues to produce in the starting unit. "Sam is working his way back in the lineup," head coach Maurice Cheeks told the Philadelphia Daily News. "I don't know when. He will be back starting at some point. I just want him to be consistent; I want him to be aggressive, that's all. It has something to do with Steven; it has something to do with us as a team."
Our View

Until further notice, Dalembert is virtually unusable; he's averaging just three boards and three points per game in 13.6 minutes over his last five outings. Those owners who were enjoying his NBA-best shot blocking should consider grabbing Hunter for the time being.

And to think...they wanted to unload Stephen Hunter back in mid-February. You have got to know that Sammy is injury-prone by now. With Dalembert injured and Hunter in Charlotte, who would have been their starting center? Some dude named Zendon Hamilton. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Mar 18 2006, 10:20 PM
Post #13

6th Man

Member No.: 70

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 15 2006, 11:16 AM)
He's having an outstanding offensive season...still a great passer...

ever sense i saw him make that game winning three poniter in the pre-season i knew that he was going to be special and that he will be here for a few more seasons he was a great steal in the FA last year and hopefully Paxson can find a big man the same way.

+Quote Post
hammerhead johns...
post Mar 22 2006, 07:29 PM
Post #14

Bench

So, Brian Hill was mostly referring to Dwight Howard when he was talking spiff about the Magic players and how they don't feel like trying. Darko Milicic started in place of Dwight, but when he finally entered the game towards the end of the 1st Quarter, he proceeded to go 5-5 from the field and 4-4 from the free throw line in his first 5 minutes on the court.

Play angry, Dwight. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
hammerhead johns...
post Mar 23 2006, 06:38 PM
Post #15

Bench

So, the Suns are favored to win by 17 points tonight against the Trailblazers. biggrin.gif

The Blazers may suck uncontrollably, but I'm gonna have to go ahead and put some money on them seeing as how the Suns won't have any starters in the game by the time the 4th Quarter rolls around.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:22 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home