Post #1

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 392

NBA Rumors - Chicago Bulls
Add to My Yahoo! RSS

Bulls could make roster move

Monday, Feb 26, 2007 11:31 am EST

Chicago Bulls' general manager John Paxson hasn't ruled out making a roster move to help fill the void in the rotation now that forward Andres Nocioni is out again with plantar fasciitis. Paxson acknowledged he has a list of names ''that might make sense'' should he waive a player – almost certain to be guard Andre Barrett – and add another while Nocioni is out for what could be a month or more.

The Bulls did have a chat with Scottie Pippen, but they are reportedly not interested in signing the 41-year-old former All-Star.

Source: Chicago Sun-Times

personally, with noc out i think bringing in scottie (a big swing man who can bring the ball up and provide leadership for a young team) might not be a bad idea. thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Feb 26 2007, 04:56 AM
Post #2

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

I thought Scottie was coming back to prove he had something left in the tank. Then I realized he is just coming back for the money. I'll pass.

+Quote Post
DrunkBomber
post Feb 26 2007, 05:54 AM
Post #3

6th Man

Member No.: 214

I wouldn't want to bring in Scottie. If a team would bring it in I would assume it would be to try to sell some tickets. A contender doesnt have much need for him. Except maybe Miami could use him. I would rather bring up a D-leaguer and see what they got and if they can contribute in the NBA yet.

+Quote Post
soxfan3530
post Feb 26 2007, 06:48 AM
Post #4

Bench

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Feb 26 2007, 05:47 AM) *
I wouldn't want to bring in Scottie. If a team would bring it in I would assume it would be to try to sell some tickets. A contender doesnt have much need for him. Except maybe Miami could use him. I would rather bring up a D-leaguer and see what they got and if they can contribute in the NBA yet.

i would agree with you normally, but i dont really think there is d-leaguer out there right now that could contribute.

i wanted the bulls to look at elton brown but i think the sonics picked him up. mad.gif

+Quote Post
truthandbasketba...
post Feb 26 2007, 07:51 AM
Post #5

6th Man

Member No.: 256

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Feb 26 2007, 06:41 AM) *
i would agree with you normally, but i dont really think there is d-leaguer out there right now that could contribute.

i wanted the bulls to look at elton brown but i think the sonics picked him up. mad.gif

Elton Brown is still available, Andre Brown from DePaul is the one who got signed by the Sonics. Elton's numbers are impressive and if theres no solid free agents in the NBA I'd love for Pax to give the kid a shot.
If we cant get Brown, Julius Hodge is averaging almost 10 blocks per game in the D-League so he's another one who's worth a look even though he doesnt really fit the mold of post up player due to his lack of size. The thing about Hodge is with those type of numbers you can see hes hungry and that mixed with his obvious athleticism is something that all coaches want on their team. He could provide us with valuable offensive rebounds down the stretch for second chance baskets when our jump shots arent falling and some solid defense on the other end.
Roger Powell is available too after getting cut by the Jazz.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Feb 26 2007, 07:56 AM
Post #6

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

It sounds like the Bulls might be looking for someone to get waived.

Also it sounds like Scheschur is not one of the players being looked at, and neither are Kukoc or Pippen. One interesting event is that Antonio Davis showed up and spoke at a Bulls practice the other day... Take that for what its worth.

+Quote Post
soxfan3530
post Feb 26 2007, 07:56 AM
Post #7

Bench

really? interesting. i would like defianetly like to take a look at elton brown then. no thanks on hodge, guy has a decent offensive game, but it charmin soft and bad defensively (even though he is averaging 10 blocks per game). i would like brown

+Quote Post
truthandbasketba...
post Feb 26 2007, 08:10 AM
Post #8

6th Man

Member No.: 256

QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Feb 26 2007, 07:49 AM) *
It sounds like the Bulls might be looking for someone to get waived.

Also it sounds like Scheschur is not one of the players being looked at, and neither are Kukoc or Pippen. One interesting event is that Antonio Davis showed up and spoke at a Bulls practice the other day... Take that for what its worth.

Antonio Davis back on the Bulls huh??? He better get a sky box for his wife.... tongue.gif

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Feb 26 2007, 07:49 AM) *
really? interesting. i would like defianetly like to take a look at elton brown then. no thanks on hodge, guy has a decent offensive game, but it charmin soft and bad defensively (even though he is averaging 10 blocks per game). i would like brown

That makes two of us... he seems like a great prospect.
As for Hodge I didn't know he was so soft and sucked it up on defense, lol. If hes that bad we can pass on him then because we definitely dont need that on the team.

+Quote Post
soxfan3530
post Feb 26 2007, 08:24 AM
Post #9

Bench

QUOTE (truthandbasketball @ Feb 26 2007, 08:03 AM) *
Antonio Davis back on the Bulls huh??? He better get a sky box for his wife.... tongue.gif
That makes two of us... he seems like a great prospect.
As for Hodge I didn't know he was so soft and sucked it up on defense, lol. If hes that bad we can pass on him then because we definitely dont need that on the team.

he is just so thin that he can pushed around. i mean when you are 6'7" you should probably weigh more than 210 pounds.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 26 2007, 09:28 AM
Post #10

Superstar

Member No.: 73

I want Mario Austin or Elton Brown.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Feb 26 2007, 10:57 AM
Post #11

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

Antonio Davis back on the Bulls huh??? He better get a sky box for his wife....

lolhitting.gif

i wouldnt mind getting scottie or a d-league guy, some help is better than none w/ noce out

+Quote Post
Serbbojo
post Feb 26 2007, 12:02 PM
Post #12

12th Man

Member No.: 124

why not just bring in Mario Austin

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Feb 27 2007, 07:53 AM
Post #13

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

Mostly because Austin would take forever to acclimate to the system. Also I think if Austin were that NBA ready, someone would have snapped him up a long time ago.

+Quote Post
MB33
post Feb 27 2007, 02:46 PM
Post #14

6th Man

Member No.: 477

I would bring in scottie even if he only plays 15 min or less his presence on the court alone will give the players a playoff boost!

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 27 2007, 04:22 PM
Post #15

Superstar

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Feb 27 2007, 07:46 AM) *
Mostly because Austin would take forever to acclimate to the system. Also I think if Austin were that NBA ready, someone would have snapped him up a long time ago.

They can't he is under the rights of the Chicago Bulls.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:54 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home