IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ben Wallace News, Legler said he's leaving Detroit?
bschmaranz
post May 24 2006, 04:17 PM
Post #1

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 59

Take it for what it's worth... neither realgm nor Tim Legler have ever been a solid source. But Legler apparently said on espn radio that Wallace was "shopping the market" and Chicago was a desireable destination.

Link to the realgm thread
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post May 24 2006, 04:27 PM
Post #2

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 3

I would offer Big Ben a long term max deal. I realize he's older and would be older later on as well, but thats something the team could deal with a few years down the road.

I still have my doubts that he'd leave Detroit, considering they'd give them more money than anyone, but if Detroit didn't want to give Ben the years another team could enter the picture.

Ben Wallace would totally change our team. It would also mean I'd do whatever I could to dump Chandler for a shooting guard (even if its a highly paid one) and than draft Aldridge or Bagani and put them next to Ben.

With Ben Wallace our team >>>>>> than most teams in the league.

+Quote Post
JPargo
post May 24 2006, 04:42 PM
Post #3

12th Man

Group: Banned
Member No.: 97

Signing Ben would be a short term solution. If we do sign him, he would have to start scoring in the paint. i'd say a 3year deal would be about right

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post May 24 2006, 04:44 PM
Post #4

All-Star

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (JPargo @ May 24 2006, 02:35 PM)
Signing Ben would be a short term solution. If we do sign him, he would have to start scoring in the paint. i'd say a 3year deal would be about right

Sure he'd have to start scoring, but he can actually finish, unlike Chandler, so that alone should give him a few more points. He would basically be a superior version of Chandler and allow the Bulls to move Chandler for a SG while we use our top pick for another big that we can develop along with Ben Wallace.

In time we'd obviously have to find another center, but I'd think Ben has at least 3 more years of playing legendary defense...after that who knows, but I'd give him a 5 year deal and worry about the final 2 years later on. You can always move guys, AD was moved numerous times despite being drastically overpaid.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post May 24 2006, 05:13 PM
Post #5

Guests

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 24 2006, 04:20 PM)
I would offer Big Ben a long term max deal. I realize he's older and would be older later on as well, but thats something the team could deal with a few years down the road.

I still have my doubts that he'd leave Detroit, considering they'd give them more money than anyone, but if Detroit didn't want to give Ben the years another team could enter the picture.

Ben Wallace would totally change our team. It would also mean I'd do whatever I could to dump Chandler for a shooting guard (even if its a highly paid one) and than draft Aldridge or Bagani and put them next to Ben.

I totally agree with you man.. Except for the Bargs part.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post May 24 2006, 05:16 PM
Post #6

Guests

QUOTE (JPargo @ May 24 2006, 04:35 PM)

Dude, Wallace didnt HAVE TO SCORE! They had 3 other ALLSTARS And one Future Allstar already in the Starting lineup. Wallace IMO will be intrigued by our deal (If we do offer him the max or whatever) because he will see a chance to step his game up even better because he knows we have no SCORING AT ALL in the Low Post and he will be more agressive with his shot and who knows? Maybe a 14 and 12 guy next year? Now BW is capable of scoring 14, I wouldnt bet on it but if he does what I think he can do if he comes here then he will look to shoot more.

+Quote Post
sweetoothsweetne...
post May 24 2006, 05:36 PM
Post #7

Draft Pick

Member No.: 143

if we had Chandler and Wallace, we would erase every shot and get every rebound. However, it still doesnt solve our problem of scoring in the paint, which is why if we sign Wallace, we should draft a slasher like Roy or Gay who can get to the basket

+Quote Post
Bullies4Ever
post May 24 2006, 07:09 PM
Post #8

12th Man

Member No.: 117

I would offer Big Ben a long term max deal.  I realize he's older and would be older later on as well, but thats something the team could deal with a few years down the road. 

Ben Wallace would totally change our team.  It would also mean I'd do whatever I could to dump Chandler for a shooting guard (even if its a highly paid one) and than draft Aldridge or Bagani and put them next to Ben. 

I agree... i think Detroit will still be his #1 choice in the offseason... why? well.. one of the reasons is b/c he has a good chance of winning another championship... another... its cuz Joe Dumars really gave him a chance... i mean.. Grant Hill for Ben Wallace.. turned out to be a steal for the pistons... and i always hear theyre are like family (him and his teamates) soo....

i hope im wrong though!.. it would be awesome if we got him....

heres a thing the bulls can do to mess up the pistons plan and future... the bulls can offer Ben Wallace a really high contract that will mess up the Pistons future and plans if they decide to match Ben wallace's contract... if they dont match wallaces contract the bulls can get him... but if detroit decides to match the high contract... then they might be in trouble to keep their nucleus together for the next couple of years.... and soon.. they will have to rebuild....

but the bulls have to be careful they dont offer Wallace a max deal that will hurt in their own future...

+Quote Post
Bullies4Ever
post May 24 2006, 07:18 PM
Post #9

12th Man

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ May 24 2006, 05:06 PM)
I totally agree with you man.. Except for the Bargs part.

the Bargs part??.. dude.. it wouldnt be that bad... if we can get wallace in the offseason and if we got Bargs... they would compliment each other very well.... I wouldnt mind that offseason at all... Bargs might be a lil project in the beginning... but we can afford that risk because we would have Wallace and we would be force to be reckon with in the east...

and im sure Bargs can contribute too if Skiles uses him well.. (and he will... Skiles is a smart coach)

Bargs can spread the floor and that can leave wallace to hang around the paint...

+Quote Post
Bullies4Ever
post May 24 2006, 07:32 PM
Post #10

12th Man

why trade chandler... when it would be great to have have 2 shotblockers in our team...

-what if we traded Chandler... and Ben wallace gets injured for 4 months.... yeah... the bulls would still be good right?

If we get another shot blocker in our team... our defense would be even better... we already score enough points (97 points) but we allowed 97.... we should concentrate on defense more and get the avr to be around 93 points... which is very realistic if we improve our front court and get more shotblockers...

-we can get a tall sg with our 16th pick or free agency...

-we need a better front court (lets not get rid of important peaces that will take us another step backwards :cough cough: removing chandler)

we need a better front court player than a tall SG...

-if ur still hating on chandler.. go and read the the tread "for all the chandler haters"

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post May 24 2006, 07:43 PM
Post #11

Starter

Member No.: 118

Well... heres some news for you guys... Some Piston fans dont care if they resign Wallace... they think he's starting to slloooooowwllyyyy decline... and if you look at his stats, they did fall from last year. I will take Ben, but i dont want to max on him.

The last thing i want to see is Chandler get traded if we get Wallace. I dont know why people are afraid of having 2 defensive players on he same team... WHATS WRONG WITH THAT?

A team can never have too many big bodies, period.

Ben Wallace+tyson Chandler= the door is locked to get to the paint.... Teams will have to settle for jumpshots for some long stretches.... And the thing about Wallce... he can finish down low(can dunk w/ one hand, can throw him an Alley-oop)

And how bout em offensive rebounds? That will make up somewhat the lack of offensive front court scoring. Extra opportunities.

+Quote Post
Bullies4Ever
post May 24 2006, 07:47 PM
Post #12

12th Man

yep.. dont forget about Wallace and Chandler banging the boards together.... -scary....

we would have 2 great rebounders that can grab anything thats in the air..

opposing teams would have to worry about boxing out 2 good rebounders...

+Quote Post
Bullies4Ever
post May 24 2006, 07:59 PM
Post #13

12th Man

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ May 24 2006, 05:09 PM)
Dude, Wallace didnt HAVE TO SCORE! They had 3 other ALLSTARS And one Future Allstar already in the Starting lineup. Wallace IMO will be intrigued by our deal (If we do offer him the max or whatever) because he will see a chance to step his game up even better because he knows we have no SCORING AT ALL in the Low Post and he will be more agressive with his shot and who knows? Maybe a 14 and 12 guy next year? Now BW is capable of scoring 14, I wouldnt bet on it but if he does what I think he can do if he comes here then he will look to shoot more.

theres no way Wallace avrgs 14 points if he comes to the bulls...

He wouldnt even avr more points with the bulls than he does with the pistons.

Warning: think twice b4 u respond to this. Thank you

bringit.gif

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post May 24 2006, 09:06 PM
Post #14

Superstar

Member No.: 12

Please, don't tease me with this. I don't feel like creaming on myself.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post May 24 2006, 09:24 PM
Post #15

Guests

QUOTE (Bullies4Ever @ May 24 2006, 07:52 PM)
theres no way Wallace avrgs 14 points if he comes to the bulls...

He wouldnt even avr more points with the bulls than he does with the pistons.

Warning: think twice b4 u respond to this. Thank you

bringit.gif

When theres a will theres a way!! I wouldnt be suprised at all if he does that. Its not like he has NO offensive game, he just never shoots because he has Allstar players surrounding him. If he would know that he is THE Guy, I could see him avg double digits in a year.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:33 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home