Reply to this topicStart new topic
> If we had Tyson....
Sanitarium
post May 1 2007, 07:40 PM
Post #16

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 781

I like PJ alot. I dont think he makes a big splash on the box score, but he gets it down when he needs to so far... the veteran factor is definately there. Watching him hit down those mid-range (deng-range?) jump shots when everyone else seems to be cold make me smile. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post May 1 2007, 10:04 PM
Post #17

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

First off, Curry never would have guarded Shaq in the series. It would have been Tyson, just like last year. And with the way this series was refereed, Tyson would have fouled out by halftime against Shaq. Tyson isn't strong enough to keep him out of that deep position, and there is no way Tyson would take those offensive fouls either.

Fact of the matter is, ref's respect Ben Wallace a helluva lot more than Chandler.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post May 1 2007, 10:28 PM
Post #18

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 1 2007, 10:57 PM) *
First off, Curry never would have guarded Shaq in the series.

Shaq would be in foul trouble guarding curry... and curry would be getting time on shaq

And I'm not crapping on the move to ditch Curry. Paxson didn't have a choice.... But the bulls are a much better team with him then without him... just compare 2005 reg season to post season.

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post May 2 2007, 02:49 AM
Post #19

Bench

Member No.: 56

Yeah, I dont blame Paxson for trading Curry, although I do think they made a bigger deal about the whole problem than it needed to be. And with Wallace, I could understand the dumping of Chandler, although I still think we could have gotten more than what we did. But people are delusional if they think we wouldnt have won the series with Chandler/Curry.

How do we compare to the Raptors at all first off, this has been our 3rd straight year going to playoffs while they are going to their first. Curry most definitely would be guarding Shaq, Chandler would be the help defense which he thrives at. Chandler also out-rebounded Wallace this season, he was either 2nd or 3rd in the league. He also stayed out of foul trouble a lot this season as well. And since Wallace hardly ever dunks it seems id say they are about equal offensively except Chandler as sad as it is shoots a better FT%. I like our team the way it is now, especially if we add another impact player in this draft, but sometimes I wish we did have Curry/Chandler still on this team.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post May 2 2007, 07:15 AM
Post #20

All-Star

Member No.: 21

For those who pine for Chandler and Curry, you are making one big assumption, and that is that Tyson and Eddy would have made the same progress here as they did when they left. Both of those guys were stunted in Chicago, and were not going to realize their potential here.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post May 2 2007, 10:10 AM
Post #21

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ May 2 2007, 06:08 AM) *
For those who pine for Chandler and Curry, you are making one big assumption, and that is that Tyson and Eddy would have made the same progress here as they did when they left. Both of those guys were stunted in Chicago, and were not going to realize their potential here.

It's also worth thinking about all the intangibiles that guys like Brown and Wallace...veteran guys, bring to a team like this. Instead of the media flocking to Deng, they still flock to Wallace for quotes, because that's who they already know. You have Wallace and Brown to help these guys through the pressure of a playoff run in a lot of ways. And now that we do have TT, you have good people for him to learn from.

+Quote Post
RME JICO
post May 2 2007, 01:14 PM
Post #22

Bench

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ May 1 2007, 10:21 PM) *
Shaq would be in foul trouble guarding curry... and curry would be getting time on shaq

And I'm not crapping on the move to ditch Curry. Paxson didn't have a choice.... But the bulls are a much better team with him then without him... just compare 2005 reg season to post season.

There is no way this team is better with Curry, because if we have Curry, we don't have Wallace or Tyrus Thomas or this year's draft pick. Yes, the Bulls do miss his inside presence, but it is easy to look good on a bad team (which is all he is doing right now).

Cumulative record of teams Curry played on: 177-315

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post May 2 2007, 06:29 PM
Post #23

Bench

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (RME JICO @ May 2 2007, 02:07 PM) *
There is no way this team is better with Curry, because if we have Curry, we don't have Wallace or Tyrus Thomas or this year's draft pick. Yes, the Bulls do miss his inside presence, but it is easy to look good on a bad team (which is all he is doing right now).

Cumulative record of teams Curry played on: 177-315

Ah but you forget, that last season here, we won 47 games while Deng/Gordon were still rookies, not nearly as good as they are now and we suffered injuries. Also we started the season horribly too, made the 3-9 or whatevr start we had this season look good.

One player doesnt make a team, so saying his personal overall record really doesnt say much at all.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd June 2024 - 07:34 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home