Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What team do we compare most to?
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Apr 29 2007, 09:15 PM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

IMO if we added a dominant low post scorer we could be compared to the Spurs. I think that they are the type of team we can become if we added that low post threat. And im not talking about there current team, Im talking about the title's they won in that short span, thats what I think we can become.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BobDylan
post Apr 29 2007, 09:29 PM
Post #2

Rookie

Member No.: 399

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Apr 29 2007, 10:08 PM) *
IMO if we added a dominant low post scorer we could be compared to the Spurs. I think that they are the type of team we can become if we added that low post threat. And im not talking about there current team, Im talking about the title's they won in that short span, thats what I think we can become.

If the Bulls added a dominant low post scorer, I think they'd be better than the Spurs. The team already has two good scoring threats in Deng and Gordon, if you throw in a low post threat that can spread the floor and open the perimeter, that'll only make them better.

The question is who can they add, and can they add this player and keep the current core in tact for the next 3-4 years? I have to believe the addition of a low post scorer means the loss of at least one of Gordon/Deng/Hinrich/Nocioni.

I believe Hinrich is the most expendable, but only at the development of Thabo. Next year isn't the year to figure out if Thabo can fill Kirk's shoes, either. I'm glad I'm not Pax.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Apr 29 2007, 09:38 PM
Post #3

Superstar

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Apr 29 2007, 10:22 PM) *
If the Bulls added a dominant low post scorer, I think they'd be better than the Spurs. The team already has two good scoring threats in Deng and Gordon, if you throw in a low post threat that can spread the floor and open the perimeter, that'll only make them better.

The question is who can they add, and can they add this player and keep the current core in tact for the next 3-4 years? I have to believe the addition of a low post scorer means the loss of at least one of Gordon/Deng/Hinrich/Nocioni.

I believe Hinrich is the most expendable, but only at the development of Thabo. Next year isn't the year to figure out if Thabo can fill Kirk's shoes, either. I'm glad I'm not Pax.

Your exactly right.. If Thabo develops very well over the next 1 or two years, then probably bye bye kirk. Thabo could create HUGE matchup problems by starting at the Point Guard position. Add in a guy like Hibbert to fill Brown's shoes and come off the bench to spar Tyrus some minutes and suddenly we aren't such a small team.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Apr 29 2007, 11:17 PM
Post #4

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

It's clear we are the Phoenix Suns of the East.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Apr 29 2007, 11:24 PM
Post #5

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 30 2007, 12:10 AM) *
It's clear we are the Phoenix Suns of the East.

That's retarded! I hope that was a joke!

Maybe in terms of how young and scary we are but in no way does our offense resemble the Suns. We can hit 3's and that's about the only similarity. Our PG is nowhere close (Nash 23 assists today, which is more than Hinrich had in the series). We don't have that dominating 6th man (Nocioni's great but the Blurr has been amazing this year) and we don't have Amare. Plus we play 20 times better defense.

We're closest to the Detroit Pistons of this year and of their title team a couple of years ago. Deng is like Rip except more accurate on that 18 footer, Kirk is like Billups except not as good, Thabo creates length issues like Prince, we have Ben Wallace, we play great defense (at times). Solid bench. The only thing we are missing is a Rasheed Wallace type post threat.

That's the type of team we are. We might be better now that we seem to have confidence and seem to be learning how to battle back and hold leads in the 4th.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Apr 29 2007, 11:33 PM
Post #6

Superstar

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Apr 30 2007, 12:17 AM) *
That's retarded! I hope that was a joke!

Are you serious? Defense is the only difference (sans talent of course). We are a running, transition team. We get out, take quick shots, play defense and run. We play a very similar style of offense. Stoudemire isn't reall a low-post guy though. Yes, he is a big man, but he isn't a prototypical PF or C.

We run and gun, we shoot from the perimeter a lot, and we move the ball. A poor mans version of the Suns, most definitely. As a team, we operate like the Suns, especially offensively. As a group of individuals (like how you broke it down), we are a lot different. Of that, I agree.

+Quote Post
RME JICO
post Apr 30 2007, 08:20 AM
Post #7

Bench

Member No.: 14

I don't think you can compare the Bulls to anyone right now. They are the first team in NBA history to knock off the world champs in a sweep.

Detroit is close, Phoenix is close, but they both lack something that the Bulls have, or have something the Bulls don't have.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Apr 30 2007, 08:30 AM
Post #8

Leading Scorer

Team PPG
Phoenix 110.20
Bulls 98.78
Pistons 96.00

Team FG%
Phoenix 49.4%
Chicago 45.7%
Detroit 45.4%

Opponent's PPG
Chicago 93.76 (+5.10 differential)
Detroit 91.84 (+4.15 differential)
Phoenix 102.90 (+7.30 differential)

Opponent's FG%
Chicago 43.5%
Detroit 44.5%
Phoenix 45.7%

The only category we favor very heavily with Phoenix is three point shooting. And that's only based on a % because Phoenix takes and makes way more threes then us. We took 1,237 threes and made 480 this season (38.8%). Phoenix took 1,965 and made 785 this season (39.9%). Detroit tooks more threes then us 1,305 and made less 449. They aren't as good a 3 point shooting team but they still take about the same amount of 3's as us.

Phoenix's offense is different then ours. They are more uptempo. We both swing the ball around very well and rely on jump shooting but they are the better jump shooting team.

Detroit and the Bulls are both teams that have great system guys. No true Superstar even though Rasheed is the closest thing to a superstar the Pistons have. Both teams have good bench players and both teams play great defense and earn their wins.

We are more similar to Detroit. End of story.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Apr 30 2007, 11:43 AM
Post #9

Superstar

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Apr 30 2007, 09:23 AM) *
Team PPG
Phoenix 110.20
Bulls 98.78
Pistons 96.00

Team FG%
Phoenix 49.4%
Chicago 45.7%
Detroit 45.4%

Opponent's PPG
Chicago 93.76 (+5.10 differential)
Detroit 91.84 (+4.15 differential)
Phoenix 102.90 (+7.30 differential)

Opponent's FG%
Chicago 43.5%
Detroit 44.5%
Phoenix 45.7%

The only category we favor very heavily with Phoenix is three point shooting. And that's only based on a % because Phoenix takes and makes way more threes then us. We took 1,237 threes and made 480 this season (38.8%). Phoenix took 1,965 and made 785 this season (39.9%). Detroit tooks more threes then us 1,305 and made less 449. They aren't as good a 3 point shooting team but they still take about the same amount of 3's as us.

Phoenix's offense is different then ours. They are more uptempo. We both swing the ball around very well and rely on jump shooting but they are the better jump shooting team.

Detroit and the Bulls are both teams that have great system guys. No true Superstar even though Rasheed is the closest thing to a superstar the Pistons have. Both teams have good bench players and both teams play great defense and earn their wins.

We are more similar to Detroit. End of story.

If you say so, chief.

You're breaking it down statistically, and that makes no sense in this argument. We do not run an offense like the Pistons, not at all. They are a 1/2 court offense that runs a lot of picks, screens, and curls. We only do that when we are trapped in a 1/2 court situation, but we play our best when in transition like the Suns.

+Quote Post
RME JICO
post Apr 30 2007, 11:47 AM
Post #10

Bench

Member No.: 14

Stats don't tell the whole story. The Suns would score less and allow less if they played in the East.

The Pistons do not run as much as the Bulls, and they are a little different without Big Ben. Also, the Pistons complain wayyy to much about fouls to be compared with the Bulls.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Apr 30 2007, 11:51 AM
Post #11

Superstar

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Apr 30 2007, 12:40 PM) *
Stats don't tell the whole story. The Suns would score less and allow less if they played in the East.

The Pistons do not run as much as the Bulls, and they are a little different without Big Ben. Also, the Pistons complain wayyy to much about fouls to be compared with the Bulls.

Exactly, their statistics are a product of the conference they are in. I'm telling you, the Bulls are the Suns of the East.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Apr 30 2007, 11:58 AM
Post #12

All-Star

Member No.: 21

In all seriousness, we compare to no one in today's NBA. We run a system, we use our depth, we play defense, and no one gets into trouble or causes problems. This isn't an NCAA team, this is a college team, and it is a thing of beauty to watch.

I know people have mentioned the Suns, but Phoenix doesn't play defense, and they have the star power of Nash, Marion, and Stoudemire. The Bulls have good talent, but they play their system so well, that it covers their weaknesses.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Apr 30 2007, 12:52 PM
Post #13

Leading Scorer

The Bulls simply put are not like the Suns. Pick a different team to compare them to if you think they are not like the Pistons. Every player except Amare can hit 3's on the Suns and they all do. The Suns also run a lot more then the Bulls. The Bulls try and get out and run off of rebounds when the defense doesn't get back, but for the most part we are a half court motion offense. Deng likes to run around like Rip and get open in the corners. Kirk likes to dribble, dribble, dribble, until he finds himself a shot or realizes, damn! I've been dribbling to long I should pass the ball. Gordon likes to shoot whether its a drive, and 18 footer, a runner, or a 3 pointer. For the most part we use ball movement to create open shots.

We have the occasional Deng fastbreak but we don't run at nearly the rate that Phoenix does. And defensively, the two teams aren't even on the same planet.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Apr 30 2007, 07:50 PM
Post #14

Superstar

The Bulls don't run and gun near as much as Phoenix. We are more of a halfcourt team which I totally disagree with. Yeah we run some but Phoenix run EVERYTIME they get the ball and would rather shoot within the first 14 seconds of the shot clock while the Bulls grind it out usually to the last remaining seconds.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:29 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home