Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AI Traded to the Nuggets
truthandbasketba...
post Dec 9 2006, 04:29 AM
Post #1

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 256

Well its official....AI wants out of Philly, after watching his 44 point performance against us earlier this year and his perennial toughness and will to win that would really fit well with our team I think he could help us out alot.
I know hes not the big that everyone has in mind but he could definitely provide more stability in the scoring department. It would mean dealing some of our young guys and I'm not sure how the money aspect would work out with contracts but if it was a possibility I say yes as Ive always admired Iverson's never say die attitude. If we gave up PJ Brown, Gordon, the knicks draft pick and maybe another throw in we might be able to get him since he's already basically said he doesn't want to play another minute for the Sixers.
I don't know how realistic this would be but before the season I was saying the same about signing Ben Wallace so you never know.
I feel that the Iverson acquisition would really help the Bulls championship hopes this season.

Imagine this lineup -

C - Wallace
PF - Nocioni
SF - Deng
SG - Iverson
PG - Hinrich

We'd murder teams!!!!

Heres the full story about AI -

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2691152
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Dec 9 2006, 12:53 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

So, according to Basketball-reference.com (not sure if they're a good resource or not), PJ Brown makes $8 million this season, and Gordon makes $3.6 million. AI is listed as making almost $17 million, which means we'd need to add in at least one more player to make the salaries more even.

And anyway, I'm not totally certain that a guy like AI would fit with the Bulls. Not because of Skiles, but because of the offense we're playing so successfully now. We're succeeding pretty well with an offense based on moving the ball around, a lot. AI seems to be more of an isolation/let him dominate type of player. I just wonder if adding him in might not subtract a lot from the work being done by the other guys.

+Quote Post
ChitownMan
post Dec 9 2006, 12:55 PM
Post #3

Rookie

Member No.: 245

Overall I do not think that A.I. is a good citizen and if he does not get to play the way he wants, would wind up being a huge distraciton. I would pass on him myself and work on getting another forward to balance out the defense or a forward who could help out offensively in the mold of Peja Stojakovic. I would however love to bring KG home instead.

+Quote Post
RememberThe90's
post Dec 9 2006, 02:10 PM
Post #4

Bench

Member No.: 83

No.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Dec 9 2006, 03:07 PM
Post #5

All-Star

Member No.: 43

Absolutely not. He's a ball-hogging guard that shoots you out of about as many games as he wins you, commits an insane number of turnovers, and has always had a very low shooting percentage. That's not even counting his defensive issues, he plays the passing lanes too much as opposed to playing the man. He's just not a good fit for our young core, and he'd probably cost us at least one valuable piece. At this point he probably does more harm than good, it'd counter-act the progress that Deng and Kirk have made.

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Dec 9 2006, 05:53 PM
Post #6

Bench

Member No.: 163

no thank you. This team already has a solid guard foundation with Gordon, Hinrich, Duhon and Sefelosha. If we should make a trade (something i don't think we should do) we should trade for a big man. I'm STILL hearing talks about trading for Garnett. He would give us that low post presence and he would look pretty sweet with Wallace in there as well. But i still think Minny would want our whole team for him. And with the way we are playing would you even tamper with a risk like that?? That is something you should do in a offseason. NOW if we fail to make the NBA finals this year, if i were Paxon, i would seriously consider putting together a package for Garnett. Maybe the 1st round pick from New York, Ben Gordon, and Tyrus Thomas? Thats alot to give up, but it may also mean a few championships back in Chicago. Not to mention if they re-sign Nocioni we would still have depth at the forward possiton with Garnett, Noc and Deng. Can you guys imagine
Wallace C
Garnett PF
Deng SF
Nocioni/Sefolosha SG
Hinrich PG

WOW

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Dec 9 2006, 09:23 PM
Post #7

Superstar

Member No.: 73

in a word yes

+Quote Post
spiderman
post Dec 9 2006, 09:47 PM
Post #8

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 227

Allen Iverson's practice habits alone would make him a horrible fit for the Bulls.

No way, no how.

+Quote Post
RememberThe90's
post Dec 9 2006, 09:53 PM
Post #9

Bench

Member No.: 83

I know this isn't a discussion about the sixers but:

The sooner Philly does this deal, the sooner they move closer to being a contender again.

With Iverson they will never really go anywhere. They will never be a serious contender with him, yet
he can be such a scoring threat that they will never be a bottom feader in the NBA.

The ultimate "catch -22", Not good enough to win it all, yet not bad enough to become a bottom feader that gets the lottery picks. They need to trade him for future draft picks and some garbage vets to offset salaries. This will put them as favorites to finish with the worst record in the NBA, and give them the best shot at Greg Oden.

+Quote Post
CubbiesFan07
post Dec 9 2006, 09:55 PM
Post #10

Tyrus Thomas's #1 Fan

Member No.: 94

ball hog. stay away

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Dec 9 2006, 11:44 PM
Post #11

All-Star

Member No.: 43

Just to add some perspective, this is from an ESPN Insider/Philadelphia Daily News article:

By all accounts, there are suitors for Iverson. Snider, again bluntly, said calls had come from "half the league." King would not reveal who those teams might be or what any of them might be offering. The closest he came, at least by published reports, was on the eve of the NBA draft in June when he tried to finalize a three-way deal with Boston and Utah in which the Sixers would have acquired the No. 7 overall pick and guard Gerald Green from the Celtics and power forward Carlos Boozer from the Jazz.

There is no way we can/would even come close to that asking price, which probably hasn't changed much. That would mean we'd basically have to START the conversation with the Knicks' pick and Tyrus Thomas.

+Quote Post
CubbiesFan07
post Dec 10 2006, 02:19 PM
Post #12

Tyrus Thomas's #1 Fan

Member No.: 94

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 9 2006, 11:37 PM) *
That would mean we'd basically have to START the conversation with the Knicks' pick and Tyrus Thomas.

and that most definately is going to be a no

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Dec 10 2006, 07:45 PM
Post #13

Superstar

Member No.: 12

Reports say Iverson wants to go to either Chicago or Boston. I certainly hope that he means he wants to play Center Field for the Cubs and not SG for the Bulls.

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Dec 11 2006, 08:57 AM
Post #14

Bench

Member No.: 163

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 10 2006, 07:38 PM) *
Reports say Iverson wants to go to either Chicago or Boston. I certainly hope that he means he wants to play Center Field for the Cubs and not SG for the Bulls.

Skiles' favorite player is Hinrich and Hinrich is his point guard. Iverson is waaay too small to play SG. This deal just doesn't make sense for the Bulls at this stage of there building puzzle. The only thing that is missing is that low-post scoring presence. That is something we have been missing since before Curry's heart thing. Unfortanately this is what will probably give us a first to second round playoff exit this year.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Dec 11 2006, 10:30 AM
Post #15

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

bulls aren't going to go after AI, regardless of how much as AI might want them too...

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:14 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home