Reply to this topicStart new topic
> McRoberts works out for Bulls
RME JICO
post Jun 12 2007, 04:27 PM
Post #1

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 14

McRoberts averaged 13 points and a team-leading 7.9 rebounds for the Blue Devils, who finished 22-11 and lost to Virginia Commonwealth in the first round of the NCAA tournament. McRoberts scored a career-high 22 points in that game.

He finished second on the team with 114 assists and was the only player in the nation to average at least 10.0 points, 7.5 rebounds, 2.5 blocks and 3.5 assists.
Is he even being considered at #9?

Bulls also looked at Brewer and Thornton:

The Chicago Bulls worked out a couple of highly touted draft prospects in Florida's Corey Brewer and Florida State's Al Thornton on Monday at the Berto Center. The Bulls want to add size. Brewer confirmed he weighs only 185 pounds, but classified it as a "tough 185." Some see Brewer as a Scottie Pippen-type player. Thornton, whose 220-pound body and 7-1 wingspan have impressed scouts, averaged 19.7 points as a senior for the Seminoles.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Jun 12 2007, 05:33 PM
Post #2

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

maybe they thing mcroberts might fall to them in the second round...

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jun 12 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #3

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jun 12 2007, 06:26 PM) *

I doubt it. It's just a case of working out a big man who's projected to go about 10 spots behind our pick in case they see something they really like in him. It's the same reason we worked out Jason Smith, and some guards/SF's. The Bulls are just making sure they know what's out there available to them.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 12 2007, 08:43 PM
Post #4

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

Reports out of NJ are that he will not get past the 17th pick, unless one of the top prospects slip.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 12 2007, 11:59 PM
Post #5

All-Star

Member No.: 43

He's starting to look like the next Shavlik Randolph or Chris Duhon: high school superstar that goes to Duke and either doesn't develop or actually gets worse (I'm still wondering where Chris Duhon's jumper went, IIRC he won the 3-point shootout at the McDonald's All-American game).

He looked like he had all the tools to be a star in college and it just didn't happen. He was a great inside-out threat when he got on campus, and he proved to be a solid defender after that. However, his shooting range that was such a big part of his game seems to have disappeared and he just doesn't dominate like he should.

If the lightbulb ever goes on the kid will be a very good player, like a more athletic Brad Miller(nbadraft.net and draftexpress say Chris Webber if things go well. blink.gif I can see that comparison stylewise, but McRoberts isn't ANYWHERE NEAR as athletic). I could very easily see him being an absolute stiff though, especially if he can't rediscover his outside shot.

+Quote Post
bschmaranz
post Jun 13 2007, 12:31 AM
Post #6

Bench

Member No.: 59

The scariest part about McRoberts working out today was that he officially got into the draft today, hired an agent. Did he get some sort of promise?

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jun 13 2007, 06:52 AM
Post #7

All-Star

Member No.: 21

I wonder if the Bulls are looking at another trade down scenario?

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 13 2007, 11:55 AM
Post #8

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Jun 12 2007, 11:24 PM) *
The scariest part about McRoberts working out today was that he officially got into the draft today, hired an agent. Did he get some sort of promise?

I think the deadline for backing out is pretty darn soon?

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Jun 13 2007, 11:59 AM
Post #9

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

deadline isnt until the 18th

today on ESPN his agent was quoted as saying he's projected to go between "9 and 18"

scary......

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 13 2007, 12:13 PM
Post #10

All-Star

QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 13 2007, 12:52 PM) *
deadline isnt until the 18th

today on ESPN his agent was quoted as saying he's projected to go between "9 and 18"

scary......

Ouch, I hope it's close to 18. I'd MUCH rather take Noah, Hawes, or Smith, McRoberts has way too high a bust factor for my liking, especially since he probably doesn't have superstar potential...

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Jun 13 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #11

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

also, all of those guys will be able to play center eventually-smith and noah need to put some weight on-and hawes was just weighed as 255, which is a good place to start

mcroberts will only be able to play the 4, and yeah, i like all of those guys better than him

even if something crazy happened and Yi, hawes, and noah were all gone, Jason smith will DEFINATELY be there at 9, and he can score inside

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 16 2007, 12:59 PM
Post #12

All-Star

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jun 12 2007, 04:26 PM) *

If he did, we would be getting a stellar talent in the first round. McRoberts just has some other issues and hasn't really lived up to his hype but he has a lot of tools.

McRoberts could be the type of guy they consider if no one is on the board they like at 9 and opt to move down.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 17 2007, 04:37 PM
Post #13

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 16 2007, 11:52 AM) *
McRoberts could be the type of guy they consider if no one is on the board they like at 9 and opt to move down.

If by some chance, all of the big guys on the board are somehow gone by 9, then someone will give us a lot IMO to take a shot at Conley or Brewer, because someone like that would HAVE to be remaining on the board for all of the interesting big guys to be gone. If we're getting another big guy from someone and trading downwards so that McRoberts only winds up being our #4 or #5 big man, that's something I think we can tolerate.

+Quote Post
b-riann
post Jun 18 2007, 01:30 PM
Post #14

Bench

Member No.: 892

i followed mcroberts in his 2 years with duke alot, b/c im a duke fan, and he might be the most overrated ncaa player in the history of the ncaa. i hope to god they dont draft him

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 18 2007, 01:34 PM
Post #15

All-Star

QUOTE (b-riann @ Jun 18 2007, 01:23 PM) *
i followed mcroberts in his 2 years with duke alot, b/c im a duke fan, and he might be the most overrated ncaa player in the history of the ncaa. i hope to god they dont draft him

Oh, that's a bit harsh. He's definitely not as good as the hype that surrounded him before this year, but there are definitely others. Heck, even for just this year I'd say Dominic James was more overrated.

You gave me an idea, I'm going to start a thread to that effect in the general basketball forum. tongue.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:17 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home