Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Billups to the bulls (Speculation), get rid of hinrich and his big contract
bulls91
post Jun 25 2007, 12:01 PM
Post #1

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 70

They announced it today that Chauncey Billups opted out of his contract and he will be a unrestricted free agent. He will more then likly be asking for money around 13 mil which is about what hinrich is getting but a little more.

If we sign chauncey and trade hinrich with our pick to atlanta(because they really need a point and hinrich is young and able to be a leader for there team) to move up in the draft to get someone like horford or Wright to play the PF position along the side of wallace that would be deadly. Beside the fact that billups would feel more comfortable to be here because of Wallace and that might be a bonus to us to get him here for the fact that both of the former pistons worked well together and will still work well together. Here is what the Starting line up would be

C-Wallace/Horford or Wright/FA
PF-Thomas/Horford or Wright/FA
SF-Deng/Nocioni/griffin
SG-gordon/sefolosha
PG-Billups/duhon/sefolosha

What do you all think give me your opinion?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
heirdog
post Jun 25 2007, 12:13 PM
Post #2

Rookie

Member No.: 171

I don't think Hinrich is a "chip" to move up a few spots in the draft. He is a legitimate starting PG, who is young and signed to a reasonable deal...the fact that he is still developing (2nd team All-NBA defense) and could be an All-Star should not be overlooked. He has a dealed structured at descending value to allow the Bulls cap space later in his contract when guys like Deng, Gordon, Thomas, etc. need to be resigned...so his salary actually annualizes at $9.5 million. Would you rather have a guy like Noah at 9 (and keep Hinrich or use Hinrich is a larger trade for a legitimate stud like Garnett or Kobe) or Horford and lose Hinrich. I think its a safe bet Pax and the Bulls won't use Hinrich to move up a few spots in an "unknown" draft, especially when they like some guys that could be available at 9. Duhon, on the other hand, seems to fit the bill....not sure we will get all the way up to 3 but certainly could get us in the 5-6 range.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 25 2007, 12:24 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Member No.: 73

I like your thought process but it seems to good to be true. Having Chauncey on this team would be a huge plus but I don't think losing Kirk is something John wants to do. Chauncey > Kirk but I don't see this happening even though It'd help immensly (sp?).

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Jun 25 2007, 12:25 PM
Post #4

Bench

Member No.: 56

I forsee Billups in Milwaukee. This would than make the 3 best teams in the East the Cavs, Bulls, and Bucks. Im almost positive that the Bucks have the cap-space to make it happen too.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 25 2007, 12:37 PM
Post #5

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

$3 mil a year is more than "a bit" more. Plus he's considerably older.

If we were going to do something like that we better get more than Horford for Kirk and #9 (nothing against Horford, I'd love to have him, just not good value). Plus it wouldn't really be a feasible move anyways because you wouldn't know if you have Billups until well after the draft, that's a hell of a risk.

QUOTE (heirdog @ Jun 25 2007, 01:06 PM) *
I don't think Hinrich is a "chip" to move up a few spots in the draft. He is a legitimate starting PG, who is young and signed to a reasonable deal...the fact that he is still developing (2nd team All-NBA defense) and could be an All-Star should not be overlooked. He has a dealed structured at descending value to allow the Bulls cap space later in his contract when guys like Deng, Gordon, Thomas, etc. need to be resigned...so his salary actually annualizes at $9.5 million. Would you rather have a guy like Noah at 9 (and keep Hinrich or use Hinrich is a larger trade for a legitimate stud like Garnett or Kobe) or Horford and lose Hinrich. I think its a safe bet Pax and the Bulls won't use Hinrich to move up a few spots in an "unknown" draft, especially when they like some guys that could be available at 9. Duhon, on the other hand, seems to fit the bill....not sure we will get all the way up to 3 but certainly could get us in the 5-6 range.

Good points, except Duhon doesn't get us anywhere near 5-6. MAYBE Noc and Duhon does, but even then the needs have to fall right, since you could draft Conley or one of the Brewer/Green/Wright trio to fill the same need.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 25 2007, 12:46 PM
Post #6

Superstar

Member No.: 23

Is Atlanta far enough under the cap to take on Hinrich's entire contract? Because that's the only way this plan works; otherwise, the Bulls can't clear enough space to sign Billups to that kind of deal, and I think the last thing we want to be doing is a sign-and-trade that helps Detroit.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 25 2007, 12:55 PM
Post #7

Superstar

Member No.: 12

Uuum, whatever the Bulls offer him, Detroit can, and likely would, match it. I can't see them handing us their 2 best players in FA back-to-back years.

+Quote Post
ldf
post Jun 25 2007, 01:39 PM
Post #8

NBDL

Member No.: 128

i have been wondering if can trade kirk and what is value is.... after the playoff, i realized we needed to redo the size of our guards.

+Quote Post
ChicagoBullsMadi...
post Jun 25 2007, 02:24 PM
Post #9

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 1,263

Hell no! chauncey is soo streaky, and a low fg % shooter. i would much rather keep kirk, and go after kobe (=

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 25 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #10

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (ChicagoBullsMadison @ Jun 25 2007, 03:17 PM) *
Hell no! chauncey is soo streaky, and a low fg % shooter. i would much rather keep kirk, and go after kobe (=

Thats a little ridiculous. Billups is a better player than Kirk, but I agree that I'd rather have Kirk+Kobe instead of just Billups.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 25 2007, 03:36 PM
Post #11

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 25 2007, 11:48 AM) *
Uuum, whatever the Bulls offer him, Detroit can, and likely would, match it. I can't see them handing us their 2 best players in FA back-to-back years.

Detroit can match it, but Chauncey is an Unrestricted FA, so things could bounce back and forth for a while until someone decides to no longer match. If Chauncey were to decide to sign somewhere, it doesn't matter whether or not Detroit decides to match it; Billips would go where he signs.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 25 2007, 03:39 PM
Post #12

Superstar

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 25 2007, 04:29 PM) *
Detroit can match it, but Chauncey is an Unrestricted FA, so things could bounce back and forth for a while until someone decides to no longer match. If Chauncey were to decide to sign somewhere, it doesn't matter whether or not Detroit decides to match it; Billips would go where he signs.

We already have a big contract in Ben Wallace, we don't need to add another one. That hinders the chance of resigning some of our young talent down the line like Deng or Thomas, depending on weather the contract is front or back loaded. Plus I'd rather have Kobe tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 25 2007, 03:43 PM
Post #13

All-Star

Member No.: 3

Billups doesn't make the Bulls a championship team. Hinrich is going to be good for a lot longer and the only way I even consider moving Hinrich is if the Bulls could get a major center and than draft a PG with the lotto pick.

+Quote Post
hinrich fan
post Jun 25 2007, 05:13 PM
Post #14

12th Man

Member No.: 162

It won't happen...but if it did you'd better start a new poll on the new GM...as Pax would be gone if Kirk was out.

+Quote Post
b-riann
post Jun 25 2007, 09:01 PM
Post #15

Bench

Member No.: 892

in a mock draft, they mention that if conley is still there for the bucks at 6, they'll take him. i doubt they'll then get chauncey. maybe they'll take yi or noah, then try to get chauncey

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:03 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home