Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How bout Eddy Curry?
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 12 2008, 07:07 PM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

I see New York is interested in trading Curry and Randolph. Yes, I know Eddy has his issues but he's got the offensive skills we need! I have no problem with his defensive deficiencies when Tyrus and Noah can take care of that. All Eddy has to do is carry the load on the offense and put up his numbers. What do you guys think about re acquiring our former big man?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Feb 12 2008, 08:05 PM
Post #2

I'm fresh.

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 131

How about fish no. Eddy Curry is the least valuable player in the NBA imo. If you can get Randolph, by all means make it happen, but Eddy Curry? If your goal is to give up more points than you score, get him, but considering teams like to win, you stay THE fish away from Eddy Curry.

Curry now

Curry with the Bulls

He didn't work here because he first and foremost complained about keeping weight off, but look at the difference. He was in much better shape with the Bulls, and STILL couldn't be on the court in the final minutes because he'd get scored on like Zoom's mom.

Eddy Curry is woeful and there is no reason for the Bulls to look at him.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 12 2008, 08:16 PM
Post #3

Superstar

He's one man, the Bulls have no inside presence and Eddy is that. I'll take one mans poor defense for good offense.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Feb 12 2008, 09:38 PM
Post #4

Superstar

Member No.: 23

Eddy Curry will make virtually any team in the NBA worse. It's not just that he's a defensive liability. He doesn't rebound. He turns the ball over more than Tyrus (both total and per minute). He's not a great scorer by any stretch of the imagination...he might qualify as decent.

If you offered me Eddy Curry straight up for Ben Wallace, I'd take it to move Wallace's contract. But I would not give up anything more than that.

And hopefully there's more than enough bad taste left in the mouth of both sides after the heart issue to make this entire thread moot.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 12 2008, 09:48 PM
Post #5

Superstar

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Feb 12 2008, 09:47 PM) *
Eddy Curry will make virtually any team in the NBA worse. It's not just that he's a defensive liability. He doesn't rebound. He turns the ball over more than Tyrus (both total and per minute). He's not a great scorer by any stretch of the imagination...he might qualify as decent.

If you offered me Eddy Curry straight up for Ben Wallace, I'd take it to move Wallace's contract. But I would not give up anything more than that.

And hopefully there's more than enough bad taste left in the mouth of both sides after the heart issue to make this entire thread moot.

Well same here. Wallace for Curry sounds about right to me.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Feb 12 2008, 11:22 PM
Post #6

All-Star

Member No.: 43

Curry easily negates any offense he adds with his porous defense and awful turnover rate. I posted it in another thread, but in his time with the Knicks they allow 5.3 fewer points per 48 minutes when he's not on the floor, which is an astounding total considering how weak the rest of the defense is as well.

Randolph is somewhat better, but has a lot of the same problems. He does rebound better and can hit mid-range jumpers, but he's also fairly close to as awful defensively and turns it over at a high rate himself. Plus with him you have to worry about him being a cancer and/or getting in trouble off the court. I'm too lazy to find the link now (original was a Sam Smith piece, think Madhouse posted the link a while back), but there are something like 20 arrests and 3 suspensions on his record, including one for punching out his own teammate.

With these two guys, it's really not a coincidence that they've played on so many bad teams and have one playoff appearance between them.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 12 2008, 11:30 PM
Post #7

Superstar

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Feb 12 2008, 11:31 PM) *
Curry easily negates any offense he adds with his porous defense and awful turnover rate. I posted it in another thread, but in his time with the Knicks they allow 5.3 fewer points per 48 minutes when he's not on the floor, which is an astounding total considering how weak the rest of the defense is as well.

Randolph is somewhat better, but has a lot of the same problems. He does rebound better and can hit mid-range jumpers, but he's also fairly close to as awful defensively and turns it over at a high rate himself. Plus with him you have to worry about him being a cancer and/or getting in trouble off the court. I'm too lazy to find the link now (original was a Sam Smith piece, think Madhouse posted the link a while back), but there are something like 20 arrests and 3 suspensions on his record, including one for punching out his own teammate.

With these two guys, it's really not a coincidence that they've played on so many bad teams and have one playoff appearance between them.

But don't you think its part of him being on a god awful team full of ball hogging guards? I just think it hurts him alot because of the lack of chemistry on the team. Here in Chicago he doesn't need to rebound at a high rate or play tremendous defense, he will just have to be the presence down low and score. I just think coming back to Chicago could be good for him.

I just worked with ESPN's new trade machine and did a Ben Wallace for Eddy Curry and Malik Rose trade (to match salaries) and they said the trade increases the Bulls winning % by about 3.4 and lowered New Yorks by about 4.5. Not that that means anything but its kinda funny, trading away Big Ben makes us better while adding him to New York makes them worse.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Feb 13 2008, 12:09 AM
Post #8

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Feb 12 2008, 11:39 PM) *
But don't you think its part of him being on a god awful team full of ball hogging guards? I just think it hurts him alot because of the lack of chemistry on the team. Here in Chicago he doesn't need to rebound at a high rate or play tremendous defense, he will just have to be the presence down low and score. I just think coming back to Chicago could be good for him.

I would say their horrendous defense has a bigger impact than anything, and he plays a MAJOR role in that. They actually weren't that bad an offensive team the last few years, though they've gone downhill this year. Curry and Randolph are probably the biggest ball-hogs on the team, you basically know they're going to try to shoot it every time they get it in the post, neither creates any kind of opportunities for their teammates. Even Marbury and Crawford get a reasonable number of assists.

And yeah, you do need him to be at least an average rebounder and defender, all you need is one guy to screw up and you give up an offensive board or an easy basket inside. Having someone like Curry totally kills your margin for error. We're not just talking about a below average defender, we're talking about the worst defensive center in the league (or at least the worst that gets regular minutes). Unless they can somehow get the Ben Wallace of 5 years ago to cover his ass, he's going to hurt the D quite a bit (and even that wouldn't totally eliminate the problems). Curry would almost certainly mean that the Bulls would allow over 100 points a game, that's something they just can't afford, especially not for someone that would likely top out in the low teens in scoring on our roster.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Feb 13 2008, 11:22 AM
Post #9

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Feb 12 2008, 09:31 PM) *
Randolph is somewhat better, but has a lot of the same problems.=

Since you brought it up, it's worth noting that Randolph still seems to be having trouble keeping policemen from muttering his name.

+Quote Post
BuLLzDoMaIn
post Feb 13 2008, 04:03 PM
Post #10

Bench

Member No.: 105

If Curry was willing to work out and look like he did when he was with us im down for it .

but i dont know if Curry is up too it,

And if we do get him keep him as a 6 man maybe even if he starts curry only gets 20-25 mpg

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Feb 13 2008, 04:17 PM
Post #11

Bench

Member No.: 163

If go back to the 2004-2005 season when the Bulls started off 0-9 and finished off strong to make the playoffs the Bulls went on a 15 wins out of 16 games span. During that span Curry was remarkable and the team just clicked. I think Curry is much more valuable here than in New York. Curry has no supporting cast out in New York. I think if we had Curry last year we would have made the finals. Its no secret that Paxson wanted to re-sign him before the heart condition crap.. I know this season he has been pretty down, but he is that low post presence that this team desperatley needs. Im all for bringing him back home... Call me crazy but if we can score Eddy for Wallace im game. A starting lineup of
Curry C
Thomas/Noah PF
Deng SF
Sefolosha SG
Hinrich PG

would be pretty damn good in a very weak East.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 13 2008, 04:35 PM
Post #12

Superstar

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Feb 13 2008, 04:26 PM) *
If go back to the 2004-2005 season when the Bulls started off 0-9 and finished off strong to make the playoffs the Bulls went on a 15 wins out of 16 games span. During that span Curry was remarkable and the team just clicked. I think Curry is much more valuable here than in New York. Curry has no supporting cast out in New York. I think if we had Curry last year we would have made the finals. Its no secret that Paxson wanted to re-sign him before the heart condition crap.. I know this season he has been pretty down, but he is that low post presence that this team desperatley needs. Im all for bringing him back home... Call me crazy but if we can score Eddy for Wallace im game. A starting lineup of
Curry C
Thomas/Noah PF
Deng SF
Sefolosha SG
Hinrich PG

would be pretty damn good in a very weak East.

Bingo! You hit the nail right on the head. I think Curry would be better served in Chicago rather than New York. If you surround him with players who want to win and try hard compared to the slobs of the Knicks it makes everything feel much easy. I think it would be crazy to pass up a potential Ben Wallace for Eddy Curry trade knowing Eddy is much younger and a better offensive player. I'd even be happy if he could get back to his 16 ppg 6 rpg form of the 04 season. Right now I think he's getting like 13/4 which is pretty bad but its New York...

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Feb 13 2008, 09:04 PM
Post #13

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

I feel like Curry is at the point of his career where if he's gonna be lazy and be overweight, there's no changing him. This isn't some 18-year-old that came into the league and let himself go. This is a guy that's in his 7th year in the league (crazy, right? Can't believe it has been that long). If he can't be disciplined to keep himself in shape by now, he won't ever be. Unfortunately for Curry's sake, I think his best year in the league came in his last season for us.

I don't wanna hear the excuse that the reason he's playing poorly is b/c of the people surrounding him on the Knicks. If he were a true professional and someone we'd want, then he'd be playing his ass off to either: 1) Help the Knicks win, or 2) Get himself traded to a better team. I guarantee you if he was working his tail off and putting up 20 and 8, which he's capable of with his talent, then he'd be in contention to get traded to a playoff contender. Or, at least the Knicks would be competing for a playoff seed in a weak Eastern Conference.

I'm all for getting rid of Wallace... But, if all you can do is bring back Curry for him, I say no deal.

+Quote Post
kyyle23
post Feb 17 2008, 08:56 AM
Post #14

Rookie

Member No.: 90

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Feb 12 2008, 11:39 PM) *
I just worked with ESPN's new trade machine and did a Ben Wallace for Eddy Curry and Malik Rose trade (to match salaries) and they said the trade increases the Bulls winning % by about 3.4 and lowered New Yorks by about 4.5. Not that that means anything but its kinda funny, trading away Big Ben makes us better while adding him to New York makes them worse.

I remember trading for Kobe Bryant on ESPN's trade machine without giving up Deng, Hinrich, Gordon, or Nocioni.

All it does is match salaries, there are no outside influences besides salaries in the trade machine

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 17 2008, 11:10 AM
Post #15

Superstar

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Feb 17 2008, 09:05 AM) *
I remember trading for Kobe Bryant on ESPN's trade machine without giving up Deng, Hinrich, Gordon, or Nocioni.

All it does is match salaries, there are no outside influences besides salaries in the trade machine

No, there is a beta version now which is different than the other one. It factors in a players PER.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:45 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home