Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Noah arrested for Marijuana poss., open container
Balta1701-B
post May 25 2008, 02:56 PM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

Bulls forward and former Florida star Joakim Noah has been charged with possession of marijuana and having an open container of alcohol. Gainesville police say Noah was arrested around 1:50 a.m. Sunday after an officer spotted him on a sidewalk holding a plastic cup containing alcohol, a violation of city law. During a search at the station, officers found marijuana in his pocket.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post May 25 2008, 03:12 PM
Post #2

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

Well, way to derail the positive vibes about this team, Joakim.

freaking hell.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post May 25 2008, 03:14 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

I can't say that I'm surprised that Noah smokes pot.

+Quote Post
RME JICO
post May 25 2008, 03:33 PM
Post #4

Bench

Member No.: 14

He didn't inhale.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post May 25 2008, 03:42 PM
Post #5

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

im really dissapointed. great job joakim. does the nba do anything? im sure the bulls will.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post May 25 2008, 04:26 PM
Post #6

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

This is definitely frustrating. What kind of punishment from the league can he expect for a misdemeanor? And, like CBF, in no way am I surprised that Noah smokes weed, but I'm still disappointed in him for being so dumb in getting caught. If you have weed on you, it's probably not a good idea to be walking around with a clear cup of beer. Make it a red Solo cup and the cops are much less likely to stop you.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post May 25 2008, 04:37 PM
Post #7

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

While it is bad that he got caught and was stupid enough to be drinking in public with weed in his pocket, it's not the worst thing in the world. I respect him more for that than for driving while drinking. If he had been pulled over while drinking and the officer found weed in his pocket then I think it would be a big deal.

I'm hoping that the league doesn't come down on him with a suspension. I'm sure they will especially after Josh Howard made comments last season.

They said on Sports Center that he could face up to 6 months in jail and some large fine. The only thing I'm worried about is him getting a record and possibly violating probabation if that is what the court system gives him.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post May 25 2008, 07:01 PM
Post #8

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

I don't mind that he is toking. I'm dissapointed that he was dumb enough to let himself be caught.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post May 25 2008, 09:07 PM
Post #9

Leading Scorer

looks like the chances of drafting beasley just went up.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post May 25 2008, 09:43 PM
Post #10

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Atleast he wasn't masturbating...

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post May 26 2008, 01:20 AM
Post #11

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ May 25 2008, 10:16 PM) *
looks like the chances of drafting beasley just went up.

Not in the slightest bit.

+Quote Post
rangercal
post May 26 2008, 01:34 PM
Post #12

Bench

Member No.: 7

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ May 26 2008, 02:10 AM) *
I don't mind that he is toking. I'm dissapointed that he was dumb enough to let himself be caught.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post May 27 2008, 03:43 PM
Post #13

Leading Scorer

PARIS -- Yannick Noah is perplexed by "all that fuss" surrounding the arrest of his basketball player son, who was charged with marijuana possession and having an open container of alcohol.

Chicago Bulls forward Joakim Noah was arrested Sunday in Gainesville, Fla., after an officer spotted him on a sidewalk holding a plastic cup. Police said that during a search at the station officers found marijuana in his pocket.

"I don't understand all that fuss for just drinking a beer on the street," Yannick Noah said Tuesday at the French Open.

The elder Noah won the title at Roland Garros in 1983. He created a sensation a few years before when he told a magazine writer he smoked marijuana.

Joakim Noah was released after signing a notice to appear before a judge -- standard procedure for such offenses. He could face up to six months in jail and a $500 fine for the marijuana charge.

"I talk to him every day on the phone," said Yannick Noah, who was at Roland Garros on Tuesday for the dedication of a walkway named after him. "He'll soon come over to France to see me."

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post May 27 2008, 05:07 PM
Post #14

Superstar

Member No.: 23

Someone had a rough weekend.

Former Gator basketball player Joakim Noah had a second run-in with officers in Gainesville the same weekend he was charged with possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana and having an open container of alcohol.

University of Florida Police also issued two traffic citations against Noah, one for driving with a suspended license without knowledge and another for not wearing a seat belt, the law enforcement agency confirmed. A UPD officer stopped the 23-year-old, who just completed his rookie season with the Chicago Bulls, Sunday evening on Museum Road.

Sgt. Walt Hamby saw a Hummer traveling 32 mph in an area with 20 mph posted speed limit, said UPD Major Brad Barber. The stop occurred at about 7:20 p.m.

Barber said Noah was driving the Hummer. When the officers checked Noah's driving history, he found his license had been suspended. Noah told the officer he did not know about the suspension, resulting in a traffic citation.

Driving with knowledge of a license suspension is a criminal traffic offense instead of a citation, Barber said.
I wonder if the driving with a suspended license charge might well increase the chances of him facing difficulties on the drug charges.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post May 27 2008, 08:15 PM
Post #15

Leading Scorer

wow what is noah doing? 2 times in 1 weekend is pretty ridiculous, if hes so mad about losing why doesnt he do something about it like get back to chicago and work out instead of getting himself in trouble with stupid mistakes in gainesville.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:51 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home