> Bulls @ Thunder, 10/27/10, 7:00 CST, WGN
Balta1701-B
post Oct 25 2010, 11:08 AM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

bullssmilie1.jpg

The misspelling of Thibodeau era begins.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Oct 26 2010, 03:33 PM
Post #2

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

I can't wait! headbang.gif

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Oct 27 2010, 11:58 AM
Post #3

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

The game is also on ESPN. My prediction is Bulls win 95-87. Hope Thibs can have the Bulls playing some tough defense on Durant and keep him in check. This is a big opener for us, I want Rose to dominate!

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Oct 27 2010, 12:03 PM
Post #4

Superstar

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Oct 27 2010, 01:58 PM) *
The game is also on ESPN. My prediction is Bulls win 95-87. Hope Thibs can have the Bulls playing some tough defense on Durant and keep him in check. This is a big opener for us, I want Rose to dominate!

If Luol Deng is worth his money, annoying Durant is his job.

+Quote Post
kjshoe04
post Oct 27 2010, 02:05 PM
Post #5

NBDL

Member No.: 1,932

So freaking excited! Go Bulls! bullssmilie1.jpg

+Quote Post
Quinarvy
post Oct 27 2010, 03:39 PM
Post #6

Bench

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 1,962

Lets do this! bullssmilie1.jpg

+Quote Post
MB33
post Oct 27 2010, 06:41 PM
Post #7

6th Man

Member No.: 477

Deng has how many turnovers?

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Oct 27 2010, 08:12 PM
Post #8

6th Man

Member No.: 61

I know many don't miss him...but this team really misses Captain Kirk IMO. Besides Rose...our guards are just not good.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Oct 27 2010, 10:23 PM
Post #9

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Bulls got hosed by the refs. It was hard to watch. 27 fouls to 13. Durant had numerous charging fouls that weren't called, Westbrook couldn't be touched without a foul, and Jeff Green was the same way. That Thunder team is basically on the same level as we are but when Boozer gets back we should get easier baskets. The problem is on the defensive end. For a defensive guru, Thibideau's defensive scheme has been shotty to say the least since the preseason. That has GOT to improve. Meanwhile Ronnie Brewer looks absolutely horrendous.

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Oct 27 2010, 11:21 PM
Post #10

6th Man

Member No.: 61

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Oct 27 2010, 10:23 PM) *
Bulls got hosed by the refs. It was hard to watch. 27 fouls to 13. Durant had numerous charging fouls that weren't called, Westbrook couldn't be touched without a foul, and Jeff Green was the same way. That Thunder team is basically on the same level as we are but when Boozer gets back we should get easier baskets. The problem is on the defensive end. For a defensive guru, Thibideau's defensive scheme has been shotty to say the least since the preseason. That has GOT to improve. Meanwhile Ronnie Brewer looks absolutely horrendous.

I think that's the one thing that pissed me off tonight most. Not blaming the refs or anything...but we got hammered around the basket with no calls...and they got ticky-tack touch fouls on everything. It was pretty blatant.

+Quote Post
lostfan
post Oct 27 2010, 11:45 PM
Post #11

Draft Pick

Member No.: 1,976

I really like this Thunder team though... getting really sick of the Lakers and most of all the bandwagon fans.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Oct 28 2010, 06:40 AM
Post #12

Superstar

QUOTE (Wanne @ Oct 28 2010, 01:21 AM) *
I think that's the one thing that pissed me off tonight most. Not blaming the refs or anything...but we got hammered around the basket with no calls...and they got ticky-tack touch fouls on everything. It was pretty blatant.

The Refs were terrible and they really hurt when the Thunder started their key run at the end.

That said...the Bulls played a very good game for 3 1/4 quarters on the road against a solid team. Durant got his points but didn't shoot a high %age. The things that killed us though wound up being focused on Rose. There wasn't a great additional scoring threat so he was chucking the ball up too much, taking too many bad shots, and he didn't have an answer for Westbrook on defense.

I did really like some of Rose's early game ball movement with Gibson and Noah. That looked really good. Gibson looked very good.

And golly...did giving up on Sefalosha ever come back to bite us or what? Sigh. Thanks for playing the vets VDN!

+Quote Post
rockren
post Oct 28 2010, 10:40 PM
Post #13

6th Man

Member No.: 1,947

It's hard to be down on the Bulls in this game. I don't believe the refs screwed the Bulls...but I wouldn't argue it, either. 47 FTs while gunning up 18 3's? Come on.

Anyway, the Thunder are awesome...we knew that coming in. I believe Rose would have went for 40 if not for the foul trouble, I also believe Thibs should have allowed Rose to play in the 3rd Quarter after committing his 4th foul.

Jo is going to be an all-star- I love watching him play and take over a game inside defensively. I'm so thrilled we stuck to our guns and held onto him instead of dealing him for Melo.

Taj was outstanding and could be a double/double guy if he saw consistent minutes all year...I really hope we see Taj has the backup 5 when Boozer gets back...allowing him 30 minutes a night.

I thought Bogans was by far and away the best SG of the three guys. I really didn't understand why Thibs went with Korver in crunch time after he played very little throughout the game. OKC went with D at the 2 while we went with shooting...I believe that was the deciding factor in the 4th.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Oct 28 2010, 10:46 PM
Post #14

6th Man

Member No.: 1,947

Oh and if I could add just for the pure immediacy of the situation the night following the game...

Lou Deng please go away.

I believed coming into the season Lou was going to have a big season, but after just one game...I'm worried. He has such a low basketball IQ on the perimeter it isn't even funny. All of his TO's were flat out stupid. I hate it when he makes the little 4 foot pass in traffic or how he tries to put it on the floor and make something happen. I know he did all right defensively on Durant, but his offensive IQ is a deficiency that just can't be remedied IMO.

+Quote Post
MB33
post Oct 29 2010, 07:05 AM
Post #15

6th Man

Member No.: 477

Trade deng!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:33 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home