Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hawks @ Bulls, 03/11/11, 7:00 NBA TV
rockren
post Mar 11 2011, 07:17 PM
Post #1

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,947

Revenge is on my mind and you'd better believe it's on the mind of our Bulls.

LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rockren
post Mar 11 2011, 11:45 PM
Post #2

6th Man

Revenge was good. I wasn't very nervous at halftime as the game just wouldn't settle down...I knew the game would settle down eventually, but I didn't think the Bulls would throttle Atlanta THAT badly once it did.

*Horford only scored 6 points after having 31 a week and a half ago against the Bulls. The difference? Kurt Thomas defended him tonight. Kurt was strong enough when Horford put the ball on the deck and could hold his ground. Kurt took away open 15 footers on the baseline and pushed Horford out a bit more on the perimeter around the elbow than Horford initially wanted to be when he caught the pass. Another big help in defending Horford was that Boozer didn't play. I'm sorry, but Boozer sucks to his man more than any post defender I've ever seen and rarely helps. Last, but maybe not least...Josh Smith played this time around. Talk about a black hole...throw the ball into him and it's NEVER coming back. Once they shed themselves of Josh Smith, they'll see what addition by subtraction looks like first hand.

*The Hawks had 50 points at the half...ended up with 76 points for the night. The Hawks scored on their first possession of the 2nd half and scored 6 points in the last garbage minute and a half. So with that being tallied, the Hawks scored 18 points in the 22 minutes between that time frame in the 2nd half. WOW! The Hawks went 7 minutes in the 3rd quarter without scoring while Rose went for 18 himself in that period. The Hawks seemed to be continuously be able to make that last pass to the corner and find an open shooter in the 1st half far too often. The Bulls were able to apply more ball pressure in the 2nd half and used their bigs to show on the perimeter a lot more, rather than suck in. The Bulls watched Horford and Marv Williams hit jump shot after jump shot in the 2nd half of last week's game, I believed they figured screw the scouting report and made them put it on the deck this time around. Great adjustments by Thibs.

*We have to shoot the 3 ball better. It was refreshing to see Rasual Butler in the game late as maybe he'll have some type of role going forward. The Bulls went 4-20 from beyond the arc and two of the 3's came in garbage time when the Bulls were already up 17. With how great the Bulls are on the offensive glass, we're really wasting that asset. Open 3's come off of offensive rebounds as the defense is usually packed in the lane trying to grab the rebound. Rose only having 5 assists tonight is also a borderline joke considering how DR freed up guys ALL night long on the perimeter giving them open look after open look. Kirk did a fair job of keeping Rose in front, but no one else on Atlanta had a chance to even disrupt DR1 on his way to the hoop. I understand a lot of Rose gong 2-9 from 3 tonight had a bit to do with the poor performance from behind the line, but still.

*This is another team if the Bulls played in RD 2 I believe would be a very short series and a rather easy win for the Bulls. I stated last week I felt the same way if the Bulls played Orland, which makes pulling down home court and the 1 seed in the east such a huge deal for the Bulls. That and they're as good as anyone at home.

*We're fortunate Luol played tonight. The Bulls were down 2 at half and Lou kept us in it, while it was a struggle to find offense from anyone else. Between Bogans, Brewer and primarily Lou...they made Joe Johnson look awful offensively for as many times in as many weeks. Joe Johnson is NOT an awful basketball player, but it appears he folds like a tent when the defense is stepped up a notch. It's a shame the Hawks have already made their bed with him and his max contract and can't use that money to build around Horford more appropriately.

*I can't forget to mention the Bulls out-rebounded the Hawks 50-28 without Boozer and the Hawks had their full complement of big men.

*I wanted to respond to the Atlanta Hawks announcers who I had to listen to during last week's game in Atlanta...this win isn't that big of a deal to myself or any other Bulls fan. We win most nights and won't act like we won Game 7 of the Finals after winning a regular season game like you clown shoes did last week. Good day.

+Quote Post
mmmmmbeeer
post Mar 12 2011, 11:08 AM
Post #3

NBDL

Member No.: 327

QUOTE (rockren @ Mar 12 2011, 12:45 AM) *
Revenge was good. I wasn't very nervous at halftime as the game just wouldn't settle down...I knew the game would settle down eventually, but I didn't think the Bulls would throttle Atlanta THAT badly once it did.

*Horford only scored 6 points after having 31 a week and a half ago against the Bulls. The difference? Kurt Thomas defended him tonight. Kurt was strong enough when Horford put the ball on the deck and could hold his ground. Kurt took away open 15 footers on the baseline and pushed Horford out a bit more on the perimeter around the elbow than Horford initially wanted to be when he caught the pass. Another big help in defending Horford was that Boozer didn't play. I'm sorry, but Boozer sucks to his man more than any post defender I've ever seen and rarely helps. Last, but maybe not least...Josh Smith played this time around. Talk about a black hole...throw the ball into him and it's NEVER coming back. Once they shed themselves of Josh Smith, they'll see what addition by subtraction looks like first hand.

*The Hawks had 50 points at the half...ended up with 76 points for the night. The Hawks scored on their first possession of the 2nd half and scored 6 points in the last garbage minute and a half. So with that being tallied, the Hawks scored 18 points in the 22 minutes between that time frame in the 2nd half. WOW! The Hawks went 7 minutes in the 3rd quarter without scoring while Rose went for 18 himself in that period. The Hawks seemed to be continuously be able to make that last pass to the corner and find an open shooter in the 1st half far too often. The Bulls were able to apply more ball pressure in the 2nd half and used their bigs to show on the perimeter a lot more, rather than suck in. The Bulls watched Horford and Marv Williams hit jump shot after jump shot in the 2nd half of last week's game, I believed they figured screw the scouting report and made them put it on the deck this time around. Great adjustments by Thibs.

*We have to shoot the 3 ball better. It was refreshing to see Rasual Butler in the game late as maybe he'll have some type of role going forward. The Bulls went 4-20 from beyond the arc and two of the 3's came in garbage time when the Bulls were already up 17. With how great the Bulls are on the offensive glass, we're really wasting that asset. Open 3's come off of offensive rebounds as the defense is usually packed in the lane trying to grab the rebound. Rose only having 5 assists tonight is also a borderline joke considering how DR freed up guys ALL night long on the perimeter giving them open look after open look. Kirk did a fair job of keeping Rose in front, but no one else on Atlanta had a chance to even disrupt DR1 on his way to the hoop. I understand a lot of Rose gong 2-9 from 3 tonight had a bit to do with the poor performance from behind the line, but still.

*This is another team if the Bulls played in RD 2 I believe would be a very short series and a rather easy win for the Bulls. I stated last week I felt the same way if the Bulls played Orland, which makes pulling down home court and the 1 seed in the east such a huge deal for the Bulls. That and they're as good as anyone at home.

*We're fortunate Luol played tonight. The Bulls were down 2 at half and Lou kept us in it, while it was a struggle to find offense from anyone else. Between Bogans, Brewer and primarily Lou...they made Joe Johnson look awful offensively for as many times in as many weeks. Joe Johnson is NOT an awful basketball player, but it appears he folds like a tent when the defense is stepped up a notch. It's a shame the Hawks have already made their bed with him and his max contract and can't use that money to build around Horford more appropriately.

*I can't forget to mention the Bulls out-rebounded the Hawks 50-28 without Boozer and the Hawks had their full complement of big men.

*I wanted to respond to the Atlanta Hawks announcers who I had to listen to during last week's game in Atlanta...this win isn't that big of a deal to myself or any other Bulls fan. We win most nights and won't act like we won Game 7 of the Finals after winning a regular season game like you clown shoes did last week. Good day.

I live in Atlanta so I got to hear those clowns again last night. Man, they were talking trash at halftime how the Hawks were running all over one of the most vaunted defenses in the league..."this is a team that hasn't given up 90 points in 7 games, and we're at 50 at the half!". Then, when the Bulls did their typical clamp down on D in the 2nd half, man, they were mum on the defense...it was simply that the Hawks couldn't hit a shot. I hate announcers that refuse to credit the other team.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Mar 12 2011, 11:34 AM
Post #4

6th Man

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Mar 12 2011, 11:08 AM) *
I live in Atlanta so I got to hear those clowns again last night. Man, they were talking trash at halftime how the Hawks were running all over one of the most vaunted defenses in the league..."this is a team that hasn't given up 90 points in 7 games, and we're at 50 at the half!". Then, when the Bulls did their typical clamp down on D in the 2nd half, man, they were mum on the defense...it was simply that the Hawks couldn't hit a shot. I hate announcers that refuse to credit the other team.

You have my condolences in that you have to listen to those announcers on a fairly regular basis. I don't mind listening to announcers who are homers (like Hawk Harrelson). I actually like most of those announcers, but MOST of those announcers are very complimentary to the other team throughout the game and their organization. These guys are like sitting on an air plane and listening to a little kid sit behind you as he cries about his ears popping. WORST ANNOUNCERS EVER.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:15 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home