Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2007 draft, we are getting the fifth pick
bulls91
post Jul 10 2006, 03:56 PM
Post #1

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 70

i think that this is funny i think that the knicks will be worse then last year.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/...aft-top-10.html
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Jul 10 2006, 04:05 PM
Post #2

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

I KNOW it's early, but if we are out of range for oden, noah, and durant then i think we should look at roy hibbert. Georgetown has a rep for scoring bigs. Just imagine sweetney at 7'2.

He'd at least be a lot thinner.

ESPECIALLY if he has another good tourney

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jul 10 2006, 04:07 PM
Post #3

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

It looks like someone threw that together in about 30 seconds. There is no way that Tyler Hansborough goes ahead of Kevin Durant. Hansborough is similar to Sean May, while Durant has superstar potential and looks kind of like Kevin Garnett. That's a little high for Roby too, and possibly for Horford and Lian.

I also don't know how they left off Spencer Hawes and Thaddeus Young, those guys are top 10 locks. Julian Wright should also be way up there, and guys like Brandon Rush, Ronald Steele, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, and Jeff Green also have a chance, not to mention other potential standout freshmen like Brandan Wright, Tywon Lawson, Stanley Robinson, Chase Buddinger, HaSheem Tabeet, and several others that I'm forgetting.

Pretty weak list that needs some work. End rant.

+Quote Post
HoofHearted
post Jul 10 2006, 04:13 PM
Post #4

Bench

Member No.: 24

Id be happy with McRoberts or Hibbert at 5, but Horford? What a joke.

+Quote Post
RememberThe90's
post Jul 10 2006, 04:14 PM
Post #5

Bench

Member No.: 83

on a side note... don't see anyone that blows my mind away
outside of Oden of course.

Durant is a SF at this point...and Noah is raw offensively like T2 and Chandler.

+Quote Post
Rowand44
post Jul 10 2006, 04:29 PM
Post #6

12th Man

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jul 10 2006, 03:58 PM)
I KNOW it's early, but if we are out of range for oden, noah, and durant then i think we should look at roy hibbert. Georgetown has a rep for scoring bigs. Just imagine sweetney at 7'2.

He'd at least be a lot thinner.

ESPECIALLY if he has another good tourney

Not a fan of Hibbert's potential in the nba. Yes he's tall but he's very athletically challenged. When he runs it almost looks like he has no knees. The guy really can't get off the ground either, pass on Hibb.

+Quote Post
HITStheDAGGER
post Jul 10 2006, 06:38 PM
Post #7

Rookie

Member No.: 195

I think that the Bulls still might get a good player with potential... You can never know if their is going to be a bloomer that will change everyones idea on who they pick next years.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jul 10 2006, 08:39 PM
Post #8

All-Star

QUOTE (HoofHearted @ Jul 10 2006, 04:06 PM)
Id be happy with McRoberts or Hibbert at 5, but Horford? What a joke.

Horford potentially would have gone in the lottery this year. He was being touted as a high pick since the start of last year, but he got over-shadowed by his teammate Noah. He's got good athleticism and an NBA body, but he needs some work offensively. Unless he makes good strides in that area, he's borderline lottery depending on how many of these guys come out.

+Quote Post
Butterbean10
post Jul 10 2006, 08:39 PM
Post #9

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 202

Why can't we get the # 1? And anyone believe the rumor Ogden will stay at OSU for 4 years, althoughhe knows he will be # 1?

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jul 10 2006, 08:45 PM
Post #10

All-Star

QUOTE (RememberThe90's @ Jul 10 2006, 04:07 PM)
on a side note... don't see anyone that blows my mind away
outside of Oden of course.

Durant is a SF at this point...and Noah is raw offensively like T2 and Chandler.

A lot of these guys have considerable potential, it's a lot more than just Oden. I'm not a huge Noah fan, but most of the other guys I mentioned would be high on my list, especially with some skill development.

I really like Durant, and even with our glut of forwards I'd take him. He's got serious mis-match potential, and can already hit outside shots. He'll be VERY scary once he adds some bulk. Hawes is another guy I'd love to have. He's a legit center that already has some decent moves. I'll have to see what he does this year, but McRoberts has the talent to make an impact too. He didn't really get to show his skills at Duke because of Redick and Williams, but he's a very talented big man. Those three are all pretty solid prospects now, and a few of these other guys will step up too.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jul 10 2006, 10:35 PM
Post #11

Starter

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 10 2006, 08:38 PM)
I really like Durant, and even with our glut of forwards I'd take him. He's got serious mis-match potential, and can already hit outside shots. He'll be VERY scary once he adds some bulk. Hawes is another guy I'd love to have. He's a legit center that already has some decent moves. I'll have to see what he does this year, but McRoberts has the talent to make an impact too. He didn't really get to show his skills at Duke because of Redick and Williams, but he's a very talented big man. Those three are all pretty solid prospects now, and a few of these other guys will step up too.

Durant is rediculously skinny, but you're right that if he bulks up he could be a scary mismatch. It all depends on his work ethic and how much he wants to add weight/strength to improve his game.

And, I'm not the biggest Noah fan either. I was actually pretty happy when he announced he was going back to school b/c I was afraid we'd pick him. He reminds me a hell of a lot like Chandler. I know a lot of people think that Tyrus was overhyped b/c of his play during the NCAA Tourney, but I think Noah was even more overhyped than Tyrus. How many times did we hear about him going from never playing as a frosh, asking Donovan what he needed to do to play, and then becoming maybe their best player by the end of the year? The story was retold every damn game.

Also, as for McRoberts, he didn't impress me at all when I saw him play. Maybe I just didn't see him in the right games (I don't watch Duke a lot b/c I hate them), but when I did watch, he just didn't do much. Though, you do make a good point about how we was overshadowed by Williams and Redick. I mean, who wouldn't be overshadowed by those two. While I hate Redick and don't like Williams, I can't argue that they were great college players. As for the pros, we'll see in the next couple years how that pans out. From all I've read about McRoberts, it seems like he'll be a great players, but I'll have to see it to believe it.

Lastly, in regards to Tyler Hansbrough, I was really disappointed to find out he was a 20 year old freshman. That really lessens my image of the kind of player he could be. I was highly impressed with his play whenever I saw him, and thought he seemed mature for a frosh out on the court, but considering he's old enough to be a junior or senior in college, I guess it makes sense why he played so well. I really thought he would potentially be a great pick for the Bulls, but I'm more reserved now.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jul 10 2006, 10:50 PM
Post #12

All-Star

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 10 2006, 10:28 PM)
Also, as for McRoberts, he didn't impress me at all when I saw him play. Maybe I just didn't see him in the right games (I don't watch Duke a lot b/c I hate them), but when I did watch, he just didn't do much. Though, you do make a good point about how we was overshadowed by Williams and Redick. I mean, who wouldn't be overshadowed by those two. While I hate Redick and don't like Williams, I can't argue that they were great college players. As for the pros, we'll see in the next couple years how that pans out. From all I've read about McRoberts, it seems like he'll be a great players, but I'll have to see it to believe it.

Lastly, in regards to Tyler Hansbrough, I was really disappointed to find out he was a 20 year old freshman. That really lessens my image of the kind of player he could be. I was highly impressed with his play whenever I saw him, and thought he seemed mature for a frosh out on the court, but considering he's old enough to be a junior or senior in college, I guess it makes sense why he played so well. I really thought he would potentially be a great pick for the Bulls, but I'm more reserved now.

McRoberts didn't really show what he could do at Duke. As a freshmen, he didn't have the touches or the freedom to play his game. He was still pretty impressive defensively, posting a fairly high number of steals and blocks. He actually got less than 6 shot attempts per game, which will drastically increase. Just take a look at the McDonald's All-American game tapes from 2 years ago if you can. I know they don't play defense, but it gives you a better feel for his skills. He's got a pretty nice inside-out game that he should get a better chance to show this year.

As for Hansborough, he's a polished player that can dominate in college, but he's not the greatest athlete, which limits his pro potential. He's also only about 6'8". That's why I compared him to Sean May, although he's a bit better than that. He's really more of an end of the lottery type.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jul 10 2006, 11:19 PM
Post #13

Starter

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 10 2006, 10:43 PM)
McRoberts didn't really show what he could do at Duke. As a freshmen, he didn't have the touches or the freedom to play his game. He was still pretty impressive defensively, posting a fairly high number of steals and blocks. He actually got less than 6 shot attempts per game, which will drastically increase. Just take a look at the McDonald's All-American game tapes from 2 years ago if you can. I know they don't play defense, but it gives you a better feel for his skills. He's got a pretty nice inside-out game that he should get a better chance to show this year.

As for Hansborough, he's a polished player that can dominate in college, but he's not the greatest athlete, which limits his pro potential. He's also only about 6'8". That's why I compared him to Sean May, although he's a bit better than that. He's really more of an end of the lottery type.

As for Hansbrough, it's not his height that worries me, but more his age (for example, he was a month older than both Shannon Brown and Marcus Williams, who were both juniors this year) and lack of athleticism. I'm fine with a 6-8 PF if he is solidly built (think Brand), and Hansbrough could be like that at 240 lbs with room to add another 10 pounds or so. I have my doubts about his potential, though, seeing as he's 20 already and isn't the most athletic guy. We'll see, though. I'll be keeping an eye on him this year. Btw, he'll be 21 on Nov. 3.

And that's great to hear about McRoberts. I hope he's as good as you say b/c I'll take all the good players we can get for next year's draft, considering we have a very good possibility of getting another Top 5-10 pick. While I'm not a fan of Duke players, I am a fan of anyone who could help the Bulls, so I'll be hoping McRoberts plays well while Duke loses.

+Quote Post
TRU
post Jul 11 2006, 12:26 PM
Post #14

NBDL

Member No.: 165

wow

Orlando will not have the 3rd pick in the 2007 draft, and LOLz at Noah

+Quote Post
Goldmember
post Jul 11 2006, 12:29 PM
Post #15

12th Man

Member No.: 20

talking about the draft now is crazy. making a mock draft now is just plain idiotic. you probably won't be talking about half (if not more) of these guys in the same light when next years draft rolls around...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:12 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home