Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tyrus Thomas to Charlotte, Bulls acquire Murray, Law and 1st round pick
soxfan3530
post Feb 18 2010, 11:50 AM
Post #1

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 392

Looks like Tyrus has been traded to Charlotte.

Bobcats Make Trade For Tyrus Thomas
More Bobcats News

Feb 18, 2010 11:41 AM EST
The Bobcats are close to landing Tyrus Thomas in a deal with the Bulls that would send expiring contracts and a future protected (according to Ric Bucher) first round pick to Chicago, a person with knowledge of the situation told CBSSports.com.

A source told Yahoo! that a deal between the Bulls and Knicks for Thomas is now considered a longshot.

Update: Yahoo! reports that Acie Law and Flip Murray will be the two players sent to Chicago for Thomas if this deal is finalized.

Update No. 2: Yahoo! reports that this deal has now been formally agreed upon.

Via Ken Berger/CBSSports.com

Link: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives...r_tyrus_thomas/

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 18 2010, 11:57 AM
Post #2

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Yeah.. Another meh trade. I know the whole purpose of this deadline is to free up money for 2010 but we didn't exactly do ourselves any favors by getting any value for these guys. We are certainly a worse team with these trades. Most of these guys won't play! Just look at our roster now.

Rose
Hinrich
Deng
Gibson
Noah

Bench:
Miller

Garbage:
Murray
Law
Warrick
Alexander
Johnson
Pargo
Brown

Basically our bench now when Noah returns is Miller, Murray, and Warrick. Like I said before, Murray is a chucker and I've never been a fan of his. Warrick is a lesser version of Tyrus Thomas and I could be wrong but I think Alexander is out for the season with an injury of some sort and the guy does that for a living now..

I can't imagine how bad our team would be if this 2010 plan backfires on us and we don't get DWade or Chris Bosh.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Feb 18 2010, 12:04 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

"Our long national nightmare is finally over"

+Quote Post
Cowch
post Feb 18 2010, 12:18 PM
Post #4

Bench

Member No.: 64

I really won't miss Tyrus. I used to really like him and his "potential," but he has been nothing but trouble for so long now. The fire he used to provide is all but gone. The Bulls may not be a better team now, but they are certainly better off.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Feb 18 2010, 12:45 PM
Post #5

Superstar

Member No.: 12

I'm not gonna lie, Salmons/Tyrus for Warrick/Alexander/Law/Murray/1st/Max Contract Cap Space sounds like epic win to me.

+Quote Post
chilord
post Feb 18 2010, 01:13 PM
Post #6

Bench

Member No.: 182

Max free agent HAS to happen now, but I've got a sinking feeling that there's gonna be two mid-level players in our future instead... yeah, Tyrus was a headache but we're full to bursting with absolute SCRUBS on that bench now. Missing the playoffs because of that could dent the chances that Wade or Bosh would want to come here, and then what have you got to show for dealing depth from an already not-deep team? Maybe a #16 pick, Jermaine O'Neal and Manu Ginobili? Urk. You also strengthened two of the teams chasing for a playoff spot from below.

Gar better know what he's doing here, because I'm skeptical on this one.

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Feb 18 2010, 01:54 PM
Post #7

6th Man

Member No.: 781

I'm glad we ended up not trading Miller... THAT could have been a disaster... we would be seeing Taj at center. yikes

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Feb 18 2010, 03:52 PM
Post #8

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (chilord @ Feb 18 2010, 01:13 PM) *
Max free agent HAS to happen now, but I've got a sinking feeling that there's gonna be two mid-level players in our future instead... yeah, Tyrus was a headache but we're full to bursting with absolute SCRUBS on that bench now. Missing the playoffs because of that could dent the chances that Wade or Bosh would want to come here, and then what have you got to show for dealing depth from an already not-deep team? Maybe a #16 pick, Jermaine O'Neal and Manu Ginobili? Urk. You also strengthened two of the teams chasing for a playoff spot from below.

Gar better know what he's doing here, because I'm skeptical on this one.

I'm with Slav on this one, that line of thinking is ridiculous. They traded two guys that are mediocre at best, that's not going to affect anyone's decision. Keep in mind that their current teams are 28-27 and 29-24 respectively and the other main contender for free agents is sitting there at 19-34 with their best player being an unrestricted free agent. That and the other darkhorse (the Clippers) are sitting there at 21-33, so it's not like any of them are in significantly better shape.

Making/missing the playoffs isn't going to matter, especially since their odds of advancing are slim to none. What's going to matter is if Wade/Bosh would rather team up in Miami, go to New York on a weaker team for the big spotlight, or join the Rose/Deng/Noah core in Chicago.

They might strike out on the big free agents, but Salmons and Thomas won't be the reason why.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Feb 18 2010, 04:05 PM
Post #9

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Feb 18 2010, 04:52 PM) *
They might strike out on the big free agents, but Salmons and Thomas won't be the reason why.

To offer up a true Max deal, we were going to have to part with at least 1 of those 2, if not both of them, this offseason anyway. Now, we've turned them into guys who's deals expire with smaller amounts, which means that it's much, much, much easier to use them in sign-and-trade deals or to re-sign them using their Bird rights for depth after signing a big name. With TT, for example, we were almost certainly going to have to make a qualifying offer to him and try to come up with a trade immediately to pick up a draft pick or a player, because otherwise we'd be rescinding the Q.O. to try to bring in someone better.

+Quote Post
Cowch
post Feb 18 2010, 04:28 PM
Post #10

Bench

Member No.: 64

Both Tyrus and Salmons had become bench players anyway, so really not much is going to change. There will just be a new player getting 20-25 minutes a night as well as garbage minutes. I still have faith in making the playoffs since really Rose, Deng, and Noah are the reason the Bulls are in contention, and that will stay the same.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Feb 18 2010, 04:35 PM
Post #11

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

i think both moves will obviously work out great for is this summer, but i wish tyrus the best of luck. i think the bulls did a good job of clearing cap space and making sure we could still be competitive and make the playoffs this year.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 18 2010, 07:13 PM
Post #12

Superstar

I think before this trade deadline the Bulls could have gotten past the 1st round this year. Now I'm not so sure.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Feb 18 2010, 10:49 PM
Post #13

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Feb 18 2010, 07:13 PM) *
I think before this trade deadline the Bulls could have gotten past the 1st round this year. Now I'm not so sure.

Seriously? You thought they were getting by Cleveland, Orlando, Atlanta or Boston? And on top of that, that the performance of two guys that shouldn't be starting on a good team are going to be a major factor in whether they can or not?

They only had/have three players that are any good and really only two that are solid scorers. That's not exactly a recipe for winning a playoff series where you don't have homecourt advantage.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 19 2010, 12:48 AM
Post #14

Superstar

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Feb 18 2010, 10:49 PM) *
Seriously? You thought they were getting by Cleveland, Orlando, Atlanta or Boston? And on top of that, that the performance of two guys that shouldn't be starting on a good team are going to be a major factor in whether they can or not?

They only had/have three players that are any good and really only two that are solid scorers. That's not exactly a recipe for winning a playoff series where you don't have homecourt advantage.

They could have gotten by Boston. We took them to 7 games last year, now we have a much improved Rose and Noah and also Deng is back healthy. I have no doubt in my mind that we could give them a tough series and would not be surprised if we won. We definitely could have beaten Atlanta, I don't think they're as good as people make them out to be. Cleveland no, and Orlando no.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Feb 19 2010, 03:02 AM
Post #15

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Feb 19 2010, 01:48 AM) *
They could have gotten by Boston. We took them to 7 games last year, now we have a much improved Rose and Noah and also Deng is back healthy. I have no doubt in my mind that we could give them a tough series and would not be surprised if we won. We definitely could have beaten Atlanta, I don't think they're as good as people make them out to be. Cleveland no, and Orlando no.

Umm, they didn't have Kevin Garnett. Kind of a big part of their roster. And we STILL let Big Baby and Perkins have their way with us.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:36 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home