IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Head Band Rule, Wallace Feels Singled Out?
Bullseye
post Nov 27 2006, 05:56 PM
Post #16

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 66

Do I think no headbands is a stupid rule? Yes. But it is Scott Skiles team, and he wants his players looking professional. Kinda like how Steinbrenner wants his Yankees to look professional. I have no problem with it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Nov 27 2006, 06:02 PM
Post #17

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

QUOTE (BearSox @ Nov 27 2006, 05:49 PM) *
Do I think no headbands is a stupid rule? Yes. But it is Scott Skiles team, and he wants his players looking professional. Kinda like how Steinbrenner wants his Yankees to look professional. I have no problem with it.

you couldnt have said it any better

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Nov 27 2006, 06:22 PM
Post #18

Superstar

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Nov 27 2006, 05:41 PM) *
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2677154

skiles has some pretty dumb rules, but those were his rules before wallace came, and i i think wallace is the main reason the teams chemistry's hasnt been so great.

so is ben saying he wouldnt have signed with the bulls if he knew he couldnt wear a headband?
lolhitting.gif

Exactly, Its all about the money.......

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Nov 27 2006, 06:49 PM
Post #19

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

QUOTE (BearSox @ Nov 27 2006, 05:49 PM) *

pfft.... shaggy hair doesn't effect their play. If anything it hurts them. Long hair enables a foe to get a good grip on your head, yank it back, and slit your throat. Headbands, on the other hand, keep sweat out of your eyes. They are performance enhancing. In a game where hand eye coordination plays an enormous role keeping salty fluid out of eyes is PARAMOUNT! THIS RULE IS RI-DANG-DICULOUS!!!!!! Next thing you know Skiles is going to start banning contacts and prescription goggles.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Nov 27 2006, 06:52 PM
Post #20

Superstar

Member No.: 73

So thats why Wallace hasnt been wearing his fro'. No headbands.... pfft

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Nov 27 2006, 08:54 PM
Post #21

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

If Wallace can't wear a fro, b/c he's not allowed to wear a headband, that's bs. Skiles needs to get over himself and his stupid rules. If Rodman played for the Bulls and Skiles was the coach, Rodman wouldn't even be allowed to die his hair. Or throw his jersey into the stands. It's stupid. Wallace's Fro is what makes Wallace "Big Ben". Without the fro he looks like a juiced up Luol Deng.

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Nov 27 2006, 08:58 PM
Post #22

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 4

If true, they should have been upfront with Wallace before signing him. Don't hide something in fear that it would make him change his mind.

According to league and Bulls sources, Wallace has felt unfairly singled out by team rules that have taken away his pregame music, his headband and his tape-free ankles.

freaking retarded rules.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Nov 28 2006, 01:49 PM
Post #23

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

How can a rule that exsisted before you came along, single you out? That might be dumbest thing I have ever heard of.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Nov 28 2006, 02:09 PM
Post #24

Skills Competitor

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28 2006, 01:42 PM) *
How can a rule that exsisted before you came along, single you out? That might be dumbest thing I have ever heard of.

Maybe he feels singled out because the bulls knew he did all that crap, but declined to tell him there were rules against it until after he inked the deal

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Nov 28 2006, 02:28 PM
Post #25

All-Star

Member No.: 21

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Nov 28 2006, 02:02 PM) *
Maybe he feels singled out because the bulls knew he did all that crap, but declined to tell him there were rules against it until after he inked the deal

Why is it up to the team to tell him everything ahead of time? I have never worked for a company that told us stuff like that in the interview stage. If it was a question, he or his agent should have asked.

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Nov 28 2006, 04:17 PM
Post #26

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28 2006, 02:21 PM) *
Why is it up to the team to tell him everything ahead of time? I have never worked for a company that told us stuff like that in the interview stage. If it was a question, he or his agent should have asked.

The Bulls OBVIOUSLY knew that Ben wore a headband through his entire damn career, you would think they would tell him that up front. When you are trying to sign someone who does something blatantly violating team rules how do you not tell them about that?

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Nov 28 2006, 05:09 PM
Post #27

Skills Competitor

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28 2006, 02:21 PM) *

Really? They didn't explain the dress/safety code to you? In every place that I've worked or applied to that has been something that has explained to me. Of course, it was all lab jobs where safety/dress was paramount. (paramount is totally my word of the week snr.gif )

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Nov 28 2006, 06:27 PM
Post #28

Leading Scorer

If he wasn't allowed to wear a headband, they shouldn't have promoted the season with a picture of him wearing a headband. They purposely took pictures of him in a uniform with an afro and the band to make it their poster advertising campaign. It's outright wrong for them to do that and not allow him to wear a headband. End of story.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...6lr%3D%26sa%3DG

definately a double standard!

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Nov 28 2006, 06:38 PM
Post #29

Leading Scorer

http://www.nba.com/media/bulls/robinson_041029.jpg

The player that started all this controversy. It was Eddy Curry or Jerome Williams it was e.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Nov 28 2006, 06:57 PM
Post #30

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Nov 28 2006, 06:20 PM) *
If he wasn't allowed to wear a headband, they shouldn't have promoted the season with a picture of him wearing a headband. They purposely took pictures of him in a uniform with an afro and the band to make it their poster advertising campaign. It's outright wrong for them to do that and not allow him to wear a headband. End of story.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...6lr%3D%26sa%3DG

definately a double standard!

That picture was Photoshopped. It was of him in a Pistons uni and they transferred a Bulls uni on him. It's damn near impossible to remove a headband in photoshop and still make it look realistic.

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Nov 28 2006, 06:31 PM) *
http://www.nba.com/media/bulls/robinson_041029.jpg

The player that started all this controversy. It was Eddy Curry or Jerome Williams it was e.

I don't quite understand what you mean, but that's Eddie Robinson.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:04 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home