IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Head Band Rule, Wallace Feels Singled Out?
madisonsmadhouse
post Nov 29 2006, 12:34 PM
Post #31

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

This is the part of it that pisses me off the most. He did it on purpose, knowing it was against team rules. In other words he purposefully hurt his team. Is it too late to get Tyson Chandler back?

"I knew that we weren't allowed to wear the headbands," the Bulls center said. "If you know the rules and break them, you expect to be punished.

"I can't try to put myself above the team or anybody else and wear a headband like I did. I'm man enough to take the punishment. But I'm not sorry."

Wallace didn't shed much light on why he wore the headband Saturday night in New York.

"I just felt like wearing it," he said.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...bulls-headlines
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Nov 29 2006, 04:50 PM
Post #32

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

We put way too much into this.. Rules are meant to be broken, the guy just felt like wearing a headband.. Who cares? Atleast he didnt try slitting his wrists because he plays for the Chicago Bulls!

+Quote Post
nocionipipe
post Nov 29 2006, 05:31 PM
Post #33

Draft Pick

Group: Members
Member No.: 219

Scoop Jackson likes to make everything about race.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;lid=tab3pos2

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Nov 29 2006, 06:51 PM
Post #34

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

QUOTE (nocionipipe @ Nov 29 2006, 05:24 PM) *
Scoop Jackson likes to make everything about race.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;lid=tab3pos2

Paxson and his rules against young men being black jpshakehead.gif

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Nov 30 2006, 10:51 AM
Post #35

All-Star

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Nov 29 2006, 04:43 PM) *
We put way too much into this.. Rules are meant to be broken, the guy just felt like wearing a headband.. Who cares? Atleast he didnt try slitting his wrists because he plays for the Chicago Bulls!

If you are cool with players intentionally hurting their team, then yeah, we are probably putting way too much into this...

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Nov 30 2006, 11:49 AM
Post #36

Skills Competitor

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 30 2006, 10:44 AM) *
If you are cool with players intentionally hurting their team, then yeah, we are probably putting way too much into this...

If hurting the team means giving our back up big men minutes against an inferior oponent in a game the Bulls ultimately won....

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Nov 30 2006, 12:28 PM
Post #37

All-Star

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Nov 30 2006, 11:42 AM) *
If hurting the team means giving our back up big men minutes against an inferior oponent in a game the Bulls ultimately won....

In retrospect, that is real easy to say. Now what if he pulled the same stunt against a team like Orlando when we really needed him?

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Nov 30 2006, 03:44 PM
Post #38

Skills Competitor

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 30 2006, 12:21 PM) *
In retrospect, that is real easy to say. Now what if he pulled the same stunt against a team like Orlando when we really needed him?

then he would be hurting the team... he hasn't yet though huh.gif Drinking.gif

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Dec 1 2006, 09:17 AM
Post #39

All-Star

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Nov 30 2006, 03:37 PM) *
then he would be hurting the team... he hasn't yet though huh.gif Drinking.gif

So as long as they don't lose, its OK? Great logic there.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Dec 1 2006, 12:30 PM
Post #40

Skills Competitor

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 1 2006, 09:10 AM) *
So as long as they don't lose, its OK? Great logic there.

is there any other logic?

winning cures all ills.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Dec 1 2006, 12:56 PM
Post #41

All-Star

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Dec 1 2006, 12:23 PM) *
is there any other logic?

winning cures all ills.

I guess Wallace must have ESP in that headband because somehow he knew that sitting on the bench wouldn't hurt his team. Yeah, there is common sense that saids when you pay a guy to play a game, that the least he can do is, oh I don't know, show up.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Dec 1 2006, 02:40 PM
Post #42

Skills Competitor

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 1 2006, 12:49 PM) *
I guess Wallace must have ESP in that headband because somehow he knew that sitting on the bench wouldn't hurt his team. Yeah, there is common sense that saids when you pay a guy to play a game, that the least he can do is, oh I don't know, show up.

He did show up. He earned his paycheck for that game. You haven't heard of any fines have you? There isn't a clause in his contract saying he must not wear a head band or he forfeits some of his 16 million. He's following the contract, if he wasn't, there would be monetary punishment.

Maybe he saw malik in the shoot a round and thought he was looking really on that night... decided if there was ever a game to make his political point, it was that one. Besides if the Bulls can't beat the knicks without Ben on the floor they should just blow up the team and fire skiles and paxson on the spot.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Dec 1 2006, 02:57 PM
Post #43

All-Star

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Dec 1 2006, 02:33 PM) *
He did show up. He earned his paycheck for that game. You haven't heard of any fines have you? There isn't a clause in his contract saying he must not wear a head band or he forfeits some of his 16 million. He's following the contract, if he wasn't, there would be monetary punishment.

Maybe he saw malik in the shoot a round and thought he was looking really on that night... decided if there was ever a game to make his political point, it was that one. Besides if the Bulls can't beat the knicks without Ben on the floor they should just blow up the team and fire skiles and paxson on the spot.

He showed up KNOWING he was in violation of the team rules, and did it anyways. He knew Skiles was going to do something about, and that didn't bother him. He didn't seem to care that the team couldn't put its best line up on the floor, because Wallace had to make a statement. Here is a crazy idea, instead of putting your team at risk, why not mean with Pax and/or Skiles in private and ask them to change the rule, instead of trying to prove something in front of everyone. I have zero respect for a guy who puts himself in front of his team.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Dec 1 2006, 03:12 PM
Post #44

Skills Competitor

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 1 2006, 02:50 PM) *
He showed up KNOWING he was in violation of the team rules, and did it anyways. He knew Skiles was going to do something about, and that didn't bother him. He didn't seem to care that the team couldn't put its best line up on the floor, because Wallace had to make a statement. Here is a crazy idea, instead of putting your team at risk, why not mean with Pax and/or Skiles in private and ask them to change the rule, instead of trying to prove something in front of everyone. I have zero respect for a guy who puts himself in front of his team.

How do you know he didn't go to Pax and Skiles first?

And if you have no respect for guys putting themselves in front of the team you are watching the wrong league. He is owed 60 million. Pax and Skiles can do nothing to change that fact.... and I don't pity them. They put themselves in this situation. They picked up a powerful personality, then proceeded to impose their will on him. This is a league where you coddle your freaking superstars because, thanks to guaranteed contracts, you need them... not vice versa. Hell, by pursuing this battle of wills, Pax and Skiles are putting themselves ahead of the team...

Besides they ran the 7 foot tall defense first center with less of an ego out of town. They made this bed, now they have to sleep in it.

ps. Ben is playing with a torn ligament in his hand and bone chips in his wrist... he could easily elect the pain free route and have surgery, miss a month or two... instead he is playing through the pain and killing himself against centers twice the size of him... yeah, he is putting himself ahead of the team blink.gif

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Dec 1 2006, 09:33 PM
Post #45

All-Star

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Dec 1 2006, 03:05 PM) *
How do you know he didn't go to Pax and Skiles first?

And if you have no respect for guys putting themselves in front of the team you are watching the wrong league. He is owed 60 million. Pax and Skiles can do nothing to change that fact.... and I don't pity them. They put themselves in this situation. They picked up a powerful personality, then proceeded to impose their will on him. This is a league where you coddle your freaking superstars because, thanks to guaranteed contracts, you need them... not vice versa. Hell, by pursuing this battle of wills, Pax and Skiles are putting themselves ahead of the team...

Besides they ran the 7 foot tall defense first center with less of an ego out of town. They made this bed, now they have to sleep in it.
ps. Ben is playing with a torn ligament in his hand and bone chips in his wrist... he could easily elect the pain free route and have surgery, miss a month or two... instead he is playing through the pain and killing himself against centers twice the size of him... yeah, he is putting himself ahead of the team blink.gif

According to Ben that is what is wrong. According to the Bulls staff, he has a little old damage, and nothing else to speak of.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:15 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home