Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rumor W/Celtics, From Boston Globe
Chisoxfn
post Jun 26 2006, 01:58 AM
Post #1

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 3

Bulls would deal the 16th pick and Chris Duhon for the 7th pick in the draft. Apparently Boston is picking between nabbing a point guard (such as Rondo or Williams) as they vastly need a PG, but at 7 they would be pushing it, so they could acquire one in Duhon and than either get a 2nd or be able to take another athlete later on.

I should note that Duhon would have to accept the trade to the Celtics because the Bulls can't trade him without his permission until sometime in August.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 26 2006, 02:01 AM
Post #2

All-Star

I should say that this would be a fantastic deal. I'm a fan of Duhon, but I think we have other needs and finding a backup point guard is a bit easier. You can find a way to get into the 2nd round and find a quality senior who played at a big school for a few years but isn't necessarily gifted.

Basically a Duhon clone.

+Quote Post
HoofHearted
post Jun 26 2006, 02:37 AM
Post #3

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 24

Not only would this be fantastic, after Duhon's back surgery it would be unbelievable. We would be sure to get the guy we want there rather than have to sit back and hope noone reaches for someone they thought we were interested in. Sene would be way overpicked here, but we could get a much better SG here than we could at 16(well maybe not better than James White, tongue.gif, seriously though he could be an immediate high impact as a defender off the bench ). If we did deal Duhon, I would tend to think guard would be one of our picks.

Where did you hear this from?

Nevermind I found it, just another suggestion from a reporter.

middle

Would he take Chris Duhon and the 16th pick from Chicago in exchange for No. 7?

Sounds way too good to be true anyways as they have a great shot at landing a top PG via the #7 spot.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jun 26 2006, 08:46 AM
Post #4

All-Star

Member No.: 21

Guys like Duhon are a dime a dozen. I have no problem dealing him to move up into the top 10 again.

+Quote Post
s720
post Jun 26 2006, 08:48 AM
Post #5

NBDL

Member No.: 157

And that's why it's a rumor! NO WAY the Celtics would do this deal.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jun 26 2006, 08:57 AM
Post #6

Guests

QUOTE (s720 @ Jun 26 2006, 08:41 AM)
And that's why it's a rumor! NO WAY the Celtics would do this deal.

May I aske why not? The Celtics need depth and a quality veteran with experience. Duhon would give them just that. They Dont want to develop someone, they want to win now and thats why I think this deal would make sense.

I would be estatic if this deal went down. We could nab maybe Rudy Gay too!

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 26 2006, 10:35 AM
Post #7

All-Star

Member No.: 43

Another thing to consider is that Danny Ainge hasn't exactly been one of the sharper GM's out there, so he might do this.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 26 2006, 11:02 AM
Post #8

Superstar

Member No.: 12

Wow, I kind of like this deal. We then have the 2nd and 7th picks and we would be able to draft Roy with the 2nd pick and a big with the 7th or get Aldridge or Bargnani with the 2nd pick and get Brewer with the 7th.

It would be a great deal because a backup PG would be relatively easy to find through free agency. I'd LOOOOOVE to sign a guy like Bobby Jackson, David Wesley, Nick Van Exel, or Jeff Mcinnis.

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Jun 26 2006, 12:03 PM
Post #9

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 4

Getting 7th pick=awesome.

BECAUSE...

If Atlanta really does take Shelden, you are assured to get one of the Big 6 @ #7.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jun 26 2006, 12:10 PM
Post #10

Guests

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 26 2006, 10:55 AM)
Wow, I kind of like this deal. We then have the 2nd and 7th picks and we would be able to draft Roy with the 2nd pick and a big with the 7th or get Aldridge or Bargnani with the 2nd pick and get Brewer with the 7th.

It would be a great deal because a backup PG would be relatively easy to find through free agency. I'd LOOOOOVE to sign a guy like Bobby Jackson, David Wesley, Nick Van Exel, or Jeff Mcinnis.

LinkYa... Although Mcinnis excersised his option, but it looks like the Nets want NO part of him lol, take a look

+Quote Post
Bullseye
post Jun 26 2006, 12:42 PM
Post #11

Bench

Member No.: 66

I read this rumor also. I think it would be great. I am a huge Duhon fan, but he would get to start for the Celtics at PG. And, I bet Duhon would much rather start instead of being behind Hinrich and Gordon.

This would be a win-win for both teams.

+Quote Post
Iguana
post Jun 26 2006, 01:42 PM
Post #12

Rookie

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 26 2006, 10:55 AM)

I would do this trade in a heart beat if Duhon Ok'd it.

Roy with the #2 and maybe we'd get lucky and someone like Aldridge or Thomas would fall. doubt it but maybe...

+Quote Post
AbeFroman
post Jun 26 2006, 04:25 PM
Post #13

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 36

In my opinion, seven could be the spot in this draft where the talent starts to rapidly fall off.

Basically, the top six, in no particular order, are:

Bargnani
Thomas
Aldridge
Roy
Gay
Morrison

I thinks its very likely that these six wind up going 1-6 in some order. If Roy somehow fell to 7, I'd love the Bulls to jump up and grab him for Duhon. I just don't think the trade will happen if any of those guys are there at six. Then again, Celtic management has been almost as stupid as the Knicks in recent years... so who knows what will happen

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 26 2006, 05:02 PM
Post #14

All-Star

More on this rumor is being reported on draftexpress.com. My assumption is they are running off of something from the Globe, but they are indicating its from there sources and they do go a little bit more into the situation at this link (i'd paste it but I can't copy from this page for some reason)

Draft Express Tidbit on the Bulls/Celts Potential Deal

Basically put the deal is as mentioned from the globe, but it goes on to say that the Celtics get the playmaking PG they desire in Duhon (maybe they are overhyping him a bit) but also move down into a range where they could get Simmons or Rondo who they seem to covet.

They also go on to say the Bulls would like to get up to 7 so they could potentially nab Tyus Thomas (if he continues to slide).

Now I'm going to go out on a limb, but if we found a way to get Thomas/Roy while giving up Duhon I think a lot more people would be fans. I think the main problem with people and Thomas is that he's a major project.

Now here's another side take.

Say there is truth to the rumor of us moving Chandler and our 2nd overall pick along with Gordon for O'Neal or Garnett (or someone else) well if Pax can than move up to 7, he'd be able to get what he feels is a complimentary big to join the other big (maybe).

+Quote Post
Bullseye
post Jun 26 2006, 05:15 PM
Post #15

Bench

Member No.: 66

I know this is only a pipe dream, but wouldn't it be sweet if we did this trade, picked Bargs with the 2nd pick, and roy fell to us at no. 7.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:32 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home