Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Madroski (Sun Times): Bulls quit, pathetic
Balta1701-B
post Jan 15 2008, 10:43 PM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

This appears to be an appropriately scathing blog entry from one of the assistant sports editors/former Bulls beat writer @ the Sun Times. I'll let his words speak for themselves.
So I'm on the treadmill watching the game, and the Bulls are down like 28 and Adrian Griffin is called for three seconds. The camera catches Ben Wallace yucking it up on the bench. Unbelievable.

I'm almost never prone to yelling at televisions, but I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The Magic had the ball for like two minutes at one point because of several offensive rebounds.

I was trying to think of an adjective that wouldn't be too far over the top, but all I could come up with was gutless. The Bulls are quitters. I can't get the image of Wallace laughing his ass off all the way to the bank.

Joakim Noah, whose double-double came in garbage time, should start a vote to bench Wallace, because that complete bust is one of the worst signings in history. And like everybody else when it happened, I was on board with it although I did think it was a little much.

The only person laughing harder than Gentle Ben is Joe Dumars. If John Paxson didn't offer the four years and $60 million, Dumars probably would have signed the team cancer, albeit to a lesser deal.

How dare Wallace say anything about Noah's tirade. The only people I would keep on this team are Joe Smith and Andres Nocioni.

I covered five seasons of the worst basketball in NBA history during the Tim Floyd era, but I'm not sure I saw a team quit as bad as the one I was watching tonight. Pathetic.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jan 15 2008, 10:57 PM
Post #2

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 99

i agree with that, they can trade wallace tomorrow if they want i dont care. im not sure the only players i would keep are noc and smith but its close to it. the bulls need to do something to get this team playing like they should be, they have over a half of season left and they are already giving up in a weak eastern conference. i think all bulls fans share the same frustrations as this guy right now.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jan 15 2008, 11:04 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Member No.: 73

I won't watch them until a change is made, plain and simple.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jan 15 2008, 11:55 PM
Post #4

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

I will I agree with the sentiment, however saying the only two players he would keep are Noc and Joe Smith and to get rid of Wallace because he was "laughing all the way to the bank" was dumb.

You know why? Because Joe Smith was laughing his ass off with Ben Wallace.

If you're going to go off, get it right.

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Jan 16 2008, 12:45 AM
Post #5

6th Man

Member No.: 61

Noc and Noah seem to be the only guys on this team with any heart. I think Pax's window has closed getting anybody worth a crap for any of these guys. My first order of biz would be shipping Wallace off to whatever contender (please Phoenix) for whatever and let Noah and Gray play.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Jan 16 2008, 07:33 AM
Post #6

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

According to the Trib, Noah and Wallace got into an argument over the attitude of the bench in the fourth quarter.

+Quote Post
ChitownMan
post Jan 16 2008, 07:34 AM
Post #7

Rookie

Member No.: 245

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jan 16 2008, 12:54 AM) *
Noc and Noah seem to be the only guys on this team with any heart. I think Pax's window has closed getting anybody worth a crap for any of these guys. My first order of biz would be shipping Wallace off to whatever contender (please Phoenix) for whatever and let Noah and Gray play.

I agree with you here. I also liked it when we signed Gentle Ben initially however, just like Sammy Sosa did Ben has worn out his welcome in Chicago. It is time for Pax to do what ever it is that he is able to in order to make some moves and get better citizens for this team. To have a so-called veteran laughing his ass off on the bench is totally unacceptable. Hell Ben Gordon should be shown the door as well. On the Trib's website little Ben says, "It is what it is." To me it just goes to show how much this team has fallen since they were outsted from the playoffs last spring. We need to find one helluva coach who is worth a damn, get some new energy and life into the players and realize that now is the time to start building for the 2008-09 season.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Jan 16 2008, 07:35 AM
Post #8

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

If they don't trade Wallace I hope they seriously consider buying him out. Tyson Chandler would look great on this team...

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jan 16 2008, 10:56 AM
Post #9

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jan 16 2008, 07:44 AM) *
If they don't trade Wallace I hope they seriously consider buying him out. Tyson Chandler would look great on this team...

I seriously doubt they're going to buy him out. Do you really think Reinsdorf is the kind of guy that would flush well over $30 mil down the toilet, especially considering he'd get cruxified if he didn't invest that $15 mil a year somewhere else? I would be very surprised if they didn't ride it out with him for the rest of this year and next year, at which point he becomes a ridiculously valuable expiring contract (unless of course they find a sucker before that).

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jan 16 2008, 11:25 AM
Post #10

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jan 16 2008, 05:42 AM) *
According to the Trib, Noah and Wallace got into an argument over the attitude of the bench in the fourth quarter.

Falling to 14-22 and hardly competitive, several Bulls players on the bench late seemed relatively indifferent to the result. It was perhaps a worse message than the events of the evening, which were discouraging as well.

Apparently it led to a dispute in the locker room as rookie Joakim Noah complained about the attitude on the bench and argued with veteran Ben Wallace. One witness said Luol Deng had to step between them to ease the tension.
There's your link.

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Jan 16 2008, 11:35 AM
Post #11

6th Man

Member No.: 61

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Jan 16 2008, 08:44 AM) *

God...don't even get me started on that one.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jan 16 2008, 06:08 PM
Post #12

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

i hope we just trade wallace and noah and solve that problem.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jan 16 2008, 06:09 PM
Post #13

Superstar

Member No.: 73

I heard Phoenix might have Amare on the block, give them everyone! REBUILD!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:44 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home