DutheDoduhon21
post Jun 2 2008, 01:10 PM
Post #1

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 99

Bulls interested in Hamilton?
Posted: Monday June 02, 2008 07:26AM ET
It's time to move Rip Hamilton. He has the highest trade value of the veterans. He's only 30, a two-time All-Star with one of the NBA's better midrange offensive games, and he has a trade-friendly contract -- two more years at $21 million total. Chicago might be a willing suitor. The Bulls have the first pick in this month's draft, but they need an experienced championship-tested scorer. Might they be willing to part with Luol Deng and Ben Gordon -- neither has agreed to a contract extension -- for Hamilton? It becomes a summer of high intrigue because president Joe Dumars knows his team is beyond the subtle tweak.

its probably not true but i dont want any piston playing for the bulls, especially one with that rediculous mask. not to mention alot of bulls players hate the guy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
soxfan3530
post Jun 2 2008, 01:34 PM
Post #2

Bench

Member No.: 392

i would do gordon for rip in a second. Deng and Gordon for Rip. NO! Somewhere in the middle, maybe.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 2 2008, 02:03 PM
Post #3

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

People just seem to put Deng in every offer out there, even if it doesn't make sense for us to give up two starters for the player in question and that Detroit already has a very solid option in Prince at SF.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 2 2008, 06:04 PM
Post #4

Superstar

Member No.: 23

The way they describe that contract, I can see the Bulls doing it only if 3 players are included, since I think that even in a sign and trade Gordon or Deng would still count as BYC, correct? They could do Hinrich for him almost straight up, or they could pair Gordon with Nocioni or Gooden.

As much as I'd like to move Noc's contract...I really don't want to see him on Detroit. Man I'd hate facing him on defense.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jun 2 2008, 06:08 PM
Post #5

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jun 2 2008, 02:43 PM) *
i would do gordon for rip in a second. Deng and Gordon for Rip. NO! Somewhere in the middle, maybe.

I hope you all are joking. Rip is 30 going to be 31 before next season starts. He's too old and he doesn't do anything that Deng doesn't do or can't learn to do. You trade away our best outside shooter for someone who doesn't hit 3's and we become a jump shooting team that can't hit any 3's. If you are a jump shooting team and nobody on your team is a realiable threat from the arc you are simply a losing team.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 2 2008, 06:14 PM
Post #6

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Richard Hamilton is a punk ass skinny little bastard that just so happens to be on my "Most hated player ever" list, so no.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jun 2 2008, 07:39 PM
Post #7

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

Richard Hamilton is a punk ass skinny little bastard that just so happens to be on my "Most hated player ever" list, so no.

agreed. i think hes on tyrus thomas' most hated player list too.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jun 2 2008, 08:40 PM
Post #8

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jun 2 2008, 08:48 PM) *
agreed. i think hes on tyrus thomas' most hated player list too.

Yeah. I think if you trade Rip to a Bulls team with Tyrus on it and there might not be a Rip anymore.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jun 2 2008, 09:22 PM
Post #9

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

I could only see the Bulls doing this if they could keep Deng, Noah, and the #1 pick. I think any combo of Gordon/Hinrich plus Nocioni and/or someone else would intrigue the Bulls b/c RIP's contract is up in 2010 when the BIG Free Agency summer is supposed to be.

It would get Noc's awful contract off the books for that summer, and we'd really only be on the hook for Deng's contract (assuming we resign Deng to a big deal and get rid of Hinrich). Tyrus and Thabo would be free agents that summer so you could re-sign them after you sign LeBron/Bosh/Wade/Carmelo. Noah and the #1 pick would still be on rookie contracts. And if Gooden is re-signed, then he'd be on the books at about $7-8 million/yr.

I could like a team like this for the next 2 years:
PG- Rose
SG- RIP
SF- Deng
PF- Gooden
C- Noah

+Quote Post
rangercal
post Jun 3 2008, 12:20 AM
Post #10

Bench

Member No.: 7

Why was this thread started? This was written by a Detroit writer. Yes, that is the source of this crap idea. His crap ideas are no better than any of ours here. Why not start a 'Lebron to the Bulls' thread ?

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jun 3 2008, 08:09 AM
Post #11

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

This was complete BS created by the Pistons loving writer.

I wouldn't do Deng straight up for Rip, let alone throw in Gordon.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:07 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home