> Carlos Boozer interested in Bulls?, So Says Carlos Boozer
AtHomeBoy_2000
post Jul 6 2009, 08:41 AM
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 203

RumorPress.net-
Look for the Chicago Bulls to make a strong push for Carlos Boozer. Reports have indicated the Bulls are interested in trading for the Utah Jazz power forward and there is a lot of truth to it. General Manager Gar Forman has already had discussions with the Jazz about sending Boozer to Chicago and talks could heat up even more in the coming weeks. The Bulls are looking to send Tyrus Thomas and most likely Jerome James to the Jazz for Boozer, the problem is the Jazz are talking to several other teams and may wait to find a better deal. Either way, the Bulls will at least make a strong effort at trying to get Boozer in Chicago.

Trading for Boozer would be a huge lift for the Bulls. The front office has really felt the pressure from the media and the fans after loosing Ben Gordon. Acquiring Boozer would take some of the pain and focus off loosing Gordon. Boozer would also add the low post scoring threat the Bulls desperately need, so long as he stays healthy. Plus, they would only be loosing Tyrus Thomas, whom they have been trying to deal all summer anyway. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the coming weeks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Jul 6 2009, 09:13 AM
Post #2

Bench

Member No.: 163

wow. interesting. i really didnt see this coming at all. but it would indeed be a huge lift for the team.

Noah C
Boozer PF
Deng SF
Salmons SG
Rose PG

THats pretty damn solid. You lose BG's scoring spurts, but you get a consisten man down low that would help create open shots for Deng, Salmons, Rose and Hinrich.

I just noticed that Boozer is on the last year of his deal at about 13 million, so if Boozer works out here during this 1 year tryout he could stay. If it doesnt work out that would be another 6.5 million cut in the payroll that would have been due to Tyrus Thomas in 2010-11. In summary, this would be a very smart move financially for next offseason and in terms of making the team better now.

Your 2010-11 players under contract would be:

Deng: 11.3 million
Hinrich: 9 million
Salmons: 5.8 million
Rose: 5.5 million
Noah: 3.1 million
*Johnson: 1.5 million
*Gibson: 1 million

That would be a total of 37 million. The Bulls could potentially have enough cap space to offer 2 highly marketable free agents next summer with that kind of salary relief. With Boozer, Miller, Tim Thomas, Gray and Robertson coming off the books that is a total of 34 million free'd up.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jul 6 2009, 09:49 AM
Post #3

I'm fresh.

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 131

I'd like this. Even if Boozer walks, you only lost Tyrus and change.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jul 6 2009, 09:55 AM
Post #4

Superstar

Member No.: 23

I'd have little problem with this. Prefer Bosh, but that's clearly not an option until the end of next season. Boozer keeps us having cap space, gives us the opportunity to both have cap space and pull a sign and trade next offseason to do a major overhaul, and if he's healthy makes us a solid team this year.

+Quote Post
soxfan3530
post Jul 6 2009, 10:24 AM
Post #5

Bench

Member No.: 392

this would be a great deal. like an earlier post said if he works out great, they can sign him to a long-term deal if not then he can walk. either way we should have money to sign him and another top flight free agent next summer.
Rose, Wade, Deng/Salmons, Boozer, Noah sounds good to me!

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jul 6 2009, 10:29 AM
Post #6

Superstar

Member No.: 73

I'm for it if it's just TT and Jerome James. Boozer has pefected the art of the pick and roll seeing how he does it every possession with one of the best, Deron Williams.

+Quote Post
Cowch
post Jul 6 2009, 10:47 AM
Post #7

Bench

Member No.: 64

Well I'm around a lot of Jazz fans so I get to hear what they think. They pretty much all would prefer hamilton instead, until I show them Tyrus' game log from last year, and remind them that if they got hamilton for boozer they would have no one to play PF. Either way they're really not going to have much of a post presence at the end of the day.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jul 6 2009, 11:38 AM
Post #8

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (Cowch @ Jul 6 2009, 11:47 AM) *
Well I'm around a lot of Jazz fans so I get to hear what they think. They pretty much all would prefer hamilton instead, until I show them Tyrus' game log from last year, and remind them that if they got hamilton for boozer they would have no one to play PF. Either way they're really not going to have much of a post presence at the end of the day.

Millsap and Okur are both pretty effective bigs, though Okur plays a bit more like a big SF. Kirilenko can play PF in a pinch as well. I really don't think they'll miss Boozer THAT much even though he is one of the best post scorers in the league.

+Quote Post
Cowch
post Jul 6 2009, 11:43 AM
Post #9

Bench

Member No.: 64

Maybe if they don't end up getting Millsap back they don't do the trade. Okur is hardly a post presence, and AK isn't exactly the answer to that either.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jul 6 2009, 01:18 PM
Post #10

Superstar

QUOTE (Cowch @ Jul 6 2009, 10:43 AM) *
Maybe if they don't end up getting Millsap back they don't do the trade. Okur is hardly a post presence, and AK isn't exactly the answer to that either.

They clearly would wait until they had Milsap signed before moving Boozer.

+Quote Post
ChWRoCk2
post Jul 6 2009, 01:22 PM
Post #11

6th Man

Member No.: 41

Sounds good to me.

Please lets not let the freaking Pistons steal another player from us.

If we don't get Boozer hopefully we can find a scoring replacement for BG at guard. I suppose Pargo would be ok even though he is not my first option.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Jul 7 2009, 11:04 AM
Post #12

6th Man

Member No.: 1,947

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jul 6 2009, 02:18 PM) *
They clearly would wait until they had Milsap signed before moving Boozer.

I agree this is why Boozer is still in Utah right now. I also don't see Tyrus has being a Jerry Sloan type guy, but we'll see. If anyone can get the best out of Tyrus, Sloan/Deron Williams can. Could you imagine Tyrus and Kirilenko on the floor at the same time in spurts? Opposing teams would be getting their shots thrown left and right. Milsap would fill the low post presence void left by Boozer's departure and Tyrus would fit those scoring bigs so well. I love this trade for Utah.

As for the Bulls...I don't hate this trade. They need someone they can throw the ball into...they've needed it since Eddy was dealt. It also doesn't hurt our outlook on 2010 at all as Boozer's deal expires...but the bottom line is we'd have our 20/10 big man who could be a pressure release for our club and we wouldn't be so damn jump shot oriented.

As far as holding out for Bosh...this doesn't exactly put a "kibosh" on Bosh, either. However, that Turkaglu signing DID NOT help. With a healthy Calderon and a breakout year from Bargnani, the Raptors could turn into a 50 win team in the Eastern Conference next year and legitimately keep Bosh. I still think he would bolt, but Bosh leaving Toronto isn't a sure thing like we thought it may be.

Also, if the Bulls do sign Pargo, they'll be able to flip Hinrich easier and free up more money in 2010. If they got Boozer/liked him/he liked us...we could re-sign Boozer with room to sign another potential superstar FA who grew up in Chicago.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jul 7 2009, 04:19 PM
Post #13

Superstar

Member No.: 12

Thomas/James for Boozer would be pretty awesome.

+Quote Post
truthandbasketba...
post Jul 7 2009, 10:39 PM
Post #14

6th Man

Member No.: 256

Take this one Pax, it works from every angle.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jul 8 2009, 10:09 AM
Post #15

Superstar

QUOTE (truthandbasketball @ Jul 7 2009, 09:39 PM) *
Take this one Pax, it works from every angle.

As usual, I doubt the Bulls will be the obstacle here.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:37 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home