> Inconsistency Argument
eddog2
post May 12 2008, 09:43 PM
Post #1

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 193

QUOTE (steve9347 @ May 12 2008, 10:22 AM) *
Personally, I'm glad we didn't get D'Antoni. He should do really well in New York where the problem is already defense. Sure, he'd have been exciting, but I'm more concerned with eventually winning another championship than averaging 100+ points while giving up 110+.

I can't believe you put that picture as your signature. I'm going to stop being friends with you. Just b/c you have a man crush on Thabo doesn't mean you have to start hating on Gordon now. I remember when you were all over his balls his rookie year b/c he used to hit game winners. Now you think he sucks. He's our best offensive player. For a team that doesn't score enough or consistently enough I'd say that our problems lie elsewhere. It started with Paxson's inability to re-sign his best 2 players. The problem then multiplied with nagging player injuries to start the year, an aging Ben Wallace, and a horrible coaching staff relationship with players that lasted throughout the year. Then a subpar year by Kirk (not Gordon) didn't make things any better. Blame the starter not the reserve (and he still led the team in scoring as a reserve shooting 41% from the arc).

As for the team, Tyrus didn't do much to help the team. He should have had a breakout year or at least should have shown dramatic improvement in both his game and attitude which he did not. He jumper did improve slightly but he still has a ways to go. Then you have Noah who did play good but was a head case. So much so that he own teammates decided to suspend him for a game. That's pretty sad. Even Nocioni blew up.

The team need a coaching staff/coach they feel comfortable playing for, a coaching staff that makes every effort to develop its players, and a coach that establishes a consistent lineup where the best players play the most minutes. I'm hoping that whoever is hired will accomplish all 3 things.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:08 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home