Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tyrus says he's a small forward, check out ESPN insider
sport1016
post Jun 5 2006, 11:02 AM
Post #1

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

Just read this Chad Ford ESPN insider article and saw some VERY STARTLING information from the lips of tyrus thomas himself

Thomas said after the workout that he sees himself more as a three than a four in the pros.

"I really wasn't allowed to play the three at LSU so people don't understand that I've been either a guard or a small forward my whole life," Thomas explained. "This is the first year I've ever really played the four. I think I'll always be more comfortable on the perimeter."

Tyrus is the bizarro loul deng. He's 6'9, isn't used to being that tall, has always been lanky, but instead of having steady offense he has steady D. We will force him to play in a position that he is not comfortable with if we draft him!

However, it is only fair to show that even though he thinks he's a small forward, not everyone does,

"Scott wants a motor guy and Tyrus is the best of the group. Once he gets a little more weight on him he's going to be a four that does it all, scoring and defense. I just don't know how the Bulls could pass on him."
-Randy Livingston, retired NBA journeyman who ended career with bulls this year and Tyrus Thmas' pre-draft trainer and family friend

REGARDLESS of that comment, if there's any doubt about his big man status, i want to STAY AWAY from him, upside or not.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 5 2006, 11:07 AM
Post #2

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

Tyrus is smoking crack. There's no way that he's an NBA small forward. He's not even close to being an NBA small forward. He MIGHT have the quickness to play it, but even that's a stretch. He's not even close on the ball-handling and shooting fronts, and defense would definitely be an issue early on (although he could eventually be dangerous with his length). He's suddenly in the Darius Miles category if he's a small forward, and he's probably even more raw than Darius was.

So far his playing style is much more suited to playing inside, although he's not exactly ready to play PF in the NBA either with regularity.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jun 5 2006, 11:08 AM
Post #3

All-Star

Member No.: 21

Again, there is no way I want the Bulls to take Tyrus Thomas. Now someone has gone and convinced him that he is a three? Jesus, Thomas has flop written all over him.

+Quote Post
bullkirk
post Jun 5 2006, 12:28 PM
Post #4

10 Day Contract

Group: Members
Member No.: 149

Sorry guys but Pax will pick Tyrus

+Quote Post
Kalapse
post Jun 5 2006, 12:54 PM
Post #5

12th Man

Member No.: 6

QUOTE (bullkirk @ Jun 5 2006, 06:21 PM)

Thanks John, love the inside info.

There ain't a chance in hell Paxson takes a raw, defensive minded, no offense, undersized power forward.

This team has absolutely no use for a player like that.

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Jun 5 2006, 12:57 PM
Post #6

6th Man

Member No.: 70

QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 5 2006, 10:55 AM)
Just read this Chad Ford ESPN insider article and saw some VERY STARTLING information from the lips of tyrus thomas himself

Thomas said after the workout that he sees himself more as a three than a four in the pros.

"I really wasn't allowed to play the three at LSU so people don't understand that I've been either a guard or a small forward my whole life," Thomas explained. "This is the first year I've ever really played the four. I think I'll always be more comfortable on the perimeter."

Tyrus is the bizarro loul deng. He's 6'9, isn't used to being that tall, has always been lanky, but instead of having steady offense he has steady D. We will force him to play in a position that he is not comfortable with if we draft him!

However, it is only fair to show that even though he thinks he's a small forward, not everyone does,

"Scott wants a motor guy and Tyrus is the best of the group. Once he gets a little more weight on him he's going to be a four that does it all, scoring and defense. I just don't know how the Bulls could pass on him."
-Randy Livingston, retired NBA journeyman who ended career with bulls this year and Tyrus Thmas' pre-draft trainer and family friend

REGARDLESS of that comment, if there's any doubt about his big man status, i want to STAY AWAY from him, upside or not.

thank you i have been wondering what he saw him self as. and that is not what we need on our team so that is not a good option at all.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Jun 5 2006, 01:00 PM
Post #7

Starter

I think after pax finds out that tyrus himself thinks he can play sf in the nba just because he was a guard in high school he will have to look another way if he already hasn't.

It is VERY POSSIBLE that he has no interest in tyrus but wants someone to trade up with toronto to snatch him away from us, leaving aldridge available for us at #2.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 5 2006, 01:06 PM
Post #8

All-Star

QUOTE (bullkirk @ Jun 5 2006, 12:21 PM)

Trusting rumors at this point is a highly dubious practice. It's a distinct possibility that Paxon or someone close to the Bulls is floating that rumor to mis-inform the other GM's. It's also possible that the agents of these players are spreading the rumors in an attempt to increase the draft stock of their players.

You didn't hear anything about the Bulls taking Gordon, everyone thought we were keeping Mihm as opposed to trading him for Crawford, and Hinrich wasn't that widely predicted to go to the Bulls either (due to the uncertainty about Williams). At least 80% of what you here about the draft is bullshit.

I'd be EXTREMELY surprised if we took Thomas and Douby, because you almost never see reliable information about which way a team is leaning unless they have the #1 pick.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Jun 5 2006, 01:09 PM
Post #9

Starter

Hey, if tyrus can play sf, doesnt that make him an option for toronto?

If they move bosh to center, they could use villanueva and tyrus alongside eachother as two combo forwards. One for offense and one for D, and between them could match up with most forward combo's in the league.

Could that be what colangelo thinks and then does? Tyrus would be a nice fit for an suns-like open system......

ALDRIDGE IS OURS

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Jun 5 2006, 01:18 PM
Post #10

Starter

It's also possible that the agents of these players are spreading the rumors in an attempt to increase the draft stock of their players.

That reminds me, because that was also in the article. They, tyrus, his agent, and randy livingston, were claiming that there was no way he'd get past the bulls at #2. THEY WANT someone to trade up to #1 to take him. That was probably the entire reason for letting ESPN write the article. They want to create a buzz in order to get someone to trade up, because they are afraid now that he is gong to slide.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 5 2006, 01:24 PM
Post #11

All-Star

QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 5 2006, 01:11 PM)
That reminds me, because that was also in the article. They, tyrus, his agent, and randy livingston, were claiming that there was no way he'd get past the bulls at #2. THEY WANT someone to trade up to #1 to take him. That was probably the entire reason for letting ESPN write the article. They want to create a buzz in order to get someone to trade up, because they are afraid now that he is gong to slide.

Yeah, sounds about right.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 5 2006, 01:25 PM
Post #12

All-Star

QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 5 2006, 01:11 PM)

That'd be a bad move for them, because he's not really a SF, and SF isn't really a need anyways since Villanueva sort of has to play there. He's considerably less talented than both Bosh and Villanueva, so I don't see why they'd do it. The only reason I could see Bargnani in their situation is because 7 footers with his skill set don't come around too often. I'd say the best move for the Raptors is trading down and grabbing Roy or Williams.

+Quote Post
RememberThe90's
post Jun 5 2006, 01:39 PM
Post #13

Bench

Member No.: 83

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 5 2006, 12:47 PM)
Thanks John, love the inside info.

There ain't a chance in hell Paxson takes a raw, defensive minded, no offense, undersized power forward.

This team has absolutely no use for a player like that.

exaclty

+Quote Post
RememberThe90's
post Jun 5 2006, 01:39 PM
Post #14

Bench

Member No.: 83

QUOTE (bullkirk @ Jun 5 2006, 12:21 PM)

wrong

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 5 2006, 02:58 PM
Post #15

Superstar

Member No.: 12

This is great news for the Bulls IMO. That means we wont pick him. And if we do, I will be mad. Not only do we not need a SF but we don't need another defensive minded player that is undersized and has little or no offensive skill down low.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 05:15 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home