Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Dwight Howard Drama Thread, Today: wants to be traded
Quinarvy
post Jul 11 2012, 08:39 AM
Post #46

Bench

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 1,962

Way better than the Nets package. As much as I'd hate to see Kobe get #6...I want the Nets and Heat to suffer.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jul 11 2012, 02:26 PM
Post #47

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

Awesomeness

@SportsCenter
BREAKING - Dwight Howard trade to @brooklynnets falls through, last-gasp attempt to work deal has died (via @RicBucher)

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jul 18 2012, 11:47 AM
Post #48

All-Star

http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/14/dwight-h.../?sct=obnetwork

Report: Dwight Howard to Lakers being ‘discussed’ as part of three-team trade

The Magic, Lakers and Cavaliers are discussing a three-team trade that could send Dwight Howard to Los Angeles. (Jesse D. Garrabrant/NBAE via Getty Images)

So much for the Orlando Magic focusing on their coaching search. Dwight Howard-to-the-Lakers rumors are heating up again.

The Lakers, Magic and Cleveland Cavaliers are discussing a three-team trade that would send Howard to Los Angeles and center Andrew Bynum to Cleveland, Hoopsworld’s Alex Kennedy reported Saturday. From Kennedy’s report:

The three teams have discussed a number of scenarios. While no trade is imminent, the talks are ongoing.

One scenario would send Howard to Los Angeles, Andrew Bynum to Cleveland and a package of picks and prospects to Orlando, according to sources.

The Lakers would land Howard, who they have been aggressively pursuing for quite some time.

The latest Howard-to-the-Lakers rumors involved a three-team trade among the Lakers, Magic and Houston Rockets, who have also been trying to land Howard.

But the latest rumor could be an attractive option for all teams involved, if they can make it work. The Lakers would get Howard, who they have coveted since last offseason. The Cavaliers would get Bynum, a young big man who they could pair with point guard Kyrie Irving and draft pick Dion Waiters. Bynum would also reportedly be willing to sign an extension with the Cavaliers if traded there.

The Magic, meanwhile, would get young talent, draft picks and cap space in what’s becoming a rebuilding process. The Rockets have also been involved in talks for Howard recently, but they are reportedly not close to a deal with the Magic.

+Quote Post
Quinarvy
post Jul 18 2012, 01:02 PM
Post #49

Bench

Member No.: 1,962

I want Dwight to the Bobcats. Can that happen?

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jul 19 2012, 12:00 PM
Post #50

All-Star

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-b...if-traded-to-la

Bloggers:

Matt Moore
Royce Young
Ben Golliver

Subscribe: RSS
Reports: Howard willing to re-sign with Lakers if traded to L.A.

By Matt Moore | Senior NBA Blogger
July 19, 2012 9:06 am ET

Dwight Howard has reportedly given indicated he's willing to re-sign in L.A.. (Getty Images)

Consider this the first step in building a Dwight Howard trade that doesn't involve Brookyn. It lays the foundation.

RealGM.com's Jarrod Rudolph, known to be very close to Howard and his camp and is considered a reliable source on that end, reports that Howard has come around to the Los Angeles Lakers as a destination and is willing to re-sign with the Lakers in free agency in the summer of 2013.

ESPN is confirming the report.

To put this in perspective, here's how any trade setup has to be configured, factoring Howard's impending free agency next summer:

1. Howard has to verbally commit to re-signing with the trade partner. No team (as of yet) will surrender the trade assets that the Magic want without Howard's consent that he'll stay long-term.

2. The Magic have to get the kind of package they want, which may involve bringing in a third team. Reports surfaced Wednesday that the Lakers had brought the Cavaliers into talks, involving Bynum headed to Cleveland while Anderson Varejao and a package of assets heads to Orlando.

3. The team getting Howard has to consent to the package they'll have to surrender for Howard. This is a bigger deal than it seems. Even with Howard the potential payoff, teams are reluctant to ever overpay for an asset. Unless they're the Knicks. And it's not Jeremy Lin, apparently. Part of this process with the Lakers involves Andrew Bynum, who has to agree to re-sign with wherever he lands. Reports have indicated Bynum is open to re-signing in both Cleveland and Houston, potential trade partners for the Lakers.

4. Howard has to not change his mind about the entire thing before the trade is approved by the league. That's pretty much touch-and-go till the league office sends down the OK at this point.

So the first step to complete a potential Howard trade has reportedly been accomplished, but there's a long way to go. Houston has also been in talks as the third team. Orlando has to set the price on Howard and determine what they want, and from there it will be on Magic GM Rob Hennigan to make that happen. As of yet, the Magic have not committed to what exactly they are looking for, but the package will presumably involve young players, draft picks, and most importantly, for teams to take salary from Orlando.

The big road block there is tha Orlando wants to dump Hedo Turkoglu's near-undumpable contract. That remains the next big hurddle in any negotiations.

But Howard agreeing to re-sign removes the risk from the Lakers, at least in terms of Howard's word. He could always not re-sign after committing to do so, but that would be a pretty terrible decision from every perspective.

So we wait to see if Howard's position holds, and if the Lakers can find the salary room for what the Magic want to get rid of, as well as the assets to send back to Orlando.

But for a team that seemed destined to send Howard to Brooklyn for one of the worst trade packages in NBA history, the Magic may just pull off getting a true rebuild set for themselves and the Lakers may get the next great superstar in their storied history.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jul 20 2012, 09:16 AM
Post #51

All-Star

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/break...story?track=rss

The Dwightmare isn't over for the Orlando Magic.

Dwight Howard, through agent Dan Fegan, has thrown a wrench into gears of the humming trade machine yet again. This time, Howard's agent told ESPN that talk of Howard being open to a five-year maximum extension -- or any addition to his current deal, which expires at the end of the upcoming 2012-13 season -- was not accurate.

Fegan said Howard "fully intends to explore free agency at the end of next season, regardless of what team trades for him, including Brooklyn."

The Nets are holding out hope of acquiring Bryant but can't trade their most attractive chips until December. General manager Billy King told the NY Daily News the team still has interest and wouldn't yield even if Howard opts not to commit to a new contract with the Nets. At least in the short term, the Nets aren't in the bidding.

The Lakers aren't quite so gung-ho. According to multiple reports, general manager Mitch Kupchak is unlikely to part with 24-year-old center Andrew Bynum for a one-year rental of Howard.

Minus agreement toward at least a short-term extension, the Lakers have pause in pulling off the proposed three-team deal that would also include a third team with more draft assets than Los Angeles can offer the Magic.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Aug 9 2012, 01:49 PM
Post #52

Superstar

Member No.: 23

This thread was getting lonely!

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Aug 10 2012, 06:45 AM
Post #53

Superstar

It might actually be over!

Normally I'd wind up hating on the superteam most of the year. But frankly, I'm not going to complain about this because I want the Heat downed.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Aug 10 2012, 08:27 AM
Post #54

All-Star

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo

4 trades since 1973 for 20-pt, 10-reb, 2-blk player: Kareem (’75), Shaq (LA ’96), Shaq (Heat ’04), Howard (’12). Lakers got 3 of them.

And seriously, f*** GaxPax for not doing a damned thing this off season.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Aug 10 2012, 01:06 PM
Post #55

All-Star

Member No.: 43

Lame. At least if he went to the Nets it would have been someone new.

+Quote Post
Jake
post Aug 10 2012, 02:17 PM
Post #56

Bench

Member No.: 109

I don't know how hard I'd push for that trade when you have no idea what you have in Derrick. Will he play the 1 year you may see little of Rose? What if Rose sucks now for some reason?

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Aug 13 2012, 06:53 AM
Post #57

All-Star

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 10 2012, 03:17 PM) *
I don't know how hard I'd push for that trade when you have no idea what you have in Derrick. Will he play the 1 year you may see little of Rose? What if Rose sucks now for some reason?

The quickest way to winning a title is to get a guy of Howards skill to Chicago. You have got to take that chance if you are the Bulls. Guys like that aren't available regularly.

+Quote Post
2nd_city_saint78...
post Aug 13 2012, 10:47 PM
Post #58

12th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 183

No thanks, he wants to play in Brooklyn. Rather just hold onto Noah+ and see what working with Kareem is gonna do for him.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Aug 14 2012, 06:59 AM
Post #59

Superstar

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 14 2012, 12:47 AM) *
No thanks, he wants to play in Brooklyn. Rather just hold onto Noah+ and see what working with Kareem is gonna do for him.

He's not going to be in Brooklyn.

+Quote Post
2nd_city_saint78...
post Aug 14 2012, 11:37 AM
Post #60

12th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 183

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Aug 14 2012, 06:59 AM) *
He's not going to be in Brooklyn.

He said something along the lines of, I'm gonna see how comfortable I am in LA then decide between LA and Brooklyn. IMO thats something a player in a new city should never bring up, and would annoy the hell out of me if I was an LA fan/he came to the Bulls.

Furthermore hasn't he made it fairly clear Chicago is not a place he wants to play long term, so chances are he'd be here the one year our other superstar is hurt....Whats the point??

Ok clearing $$$ might be a valid point, but getting rid of Noah is really gonna hurt the team IMO. I'd much rather keep Noah, trade Deng, amnesty Boozer, and sign a SG next year than lose Noah(plus whatever other pieces) and Howard, and be left with Rose, Boozer, and Deng....

I'd really hate to lose Noah for what would basically be cap relief, esp. considering he's working with Kareem this offseason and I'd hate to see any kind of progression he has in a different uni.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:21 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home