Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Golden State upsets Dallas
RME JICO
post May 4 2007, 07:44 AM
Post #1

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 14

Probably one of the biggest upsets in sports history when you consider the Mavericks record. It probably wasn't a big upset for GS since they beat them during the season, but overall an 8 seed beating a 1 seed who had the best regular season record is huge.

Congrats to Golden State. cheers.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post May 4 2007, 08:05 AM
Post #2

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

What a choke job. 67 regular season wins for nothing. Its going to be a long off season in Dallas. The interesting question is, will Mark Cuban be pissed off enough to do something big? With the rip jobs on Dirk, could the writing be on the wall for him to get dealt?

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post May 4 2007, 10:27 AM
Post #3

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ May 4 2007, 06:58 AM) *
What a choke job. 67 regular season wins for nothing. Its going to be a long off season in Dallas. The interesting question is, will Mark Cuban be pissed off enough to do something big? With the rip jobs on Dirk, could the writing be on the wall for him to get dealt?

Dirk for Deng, who's up for it?

+Quote Post
chilord
post May 4 2007, 10:44 AM
Post #4

Bench

Member No.: 182

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ May 4 2007, 11:20 AM) *
Dirk for Deng, who's up for it?

No way!

We've got #9 probably--with horrid luck 10-12 and with the blessing of the basketball gods 1-3--and you want to make a trade for a 7' jumpshooter?

No thanks. I'll add Hibbert and see what comes out of it.

Or Jianlian (sp?)?

Whatever... give me a consistent scorer at 5 and I'm happy--but don't trade Scottie Pippen II--that's just crazy talk.

+Quote Post
bschmaranz
post May 5 2007, 09:40 AM
Post #5

Bench

Member No.: 59

Barkley said it perfectly... "Why the hell is Dirk shooting threes?" They had Matt Barnes on him most of the series, why doesn't he go to the hole?

Something is gonna change in Dallas. They'll probably do something stupid and get rid of the two guys who actually had a solid series (Devin Harris and Josh Howard).

+Quote Post
DrunkBomber
post May 5 2007, 10:54 AM
Post #6

6th Man

Member No.: 214

Jason Kidd goes back to the team where he started his career. I see them giving up something like Terry and Howard and a pick or something like that.

+Quote Post
danman31
post May 5 2007, 06:57 PM
Post #7

12th Man

Member No.: 107

Dirk looked foolish most of that series. I hate Dallas and was very pleased to see them exposed as less than the best team in the league.

+Quote Post
truthandbasketba...
post May 7 2007, 03:58 PM
Post #8

6th Man

Member No.: 256

Gotta Love Golden States Heart!!! For a city that was starved of the playoffs for 13 years they are definitely getting theirs right now. I see a lot of similarities between their scrappy, hustling, jump shooting style and Chicago's. They're the West Coast Bulls, lol.
We could do without all the bandwagon celebs though. Wasn't Snoop suppossed to be a Lakers fan??? I distinctly remember seeing a purple and gold basketball court in his backyard on Cribs. Looks like he jumped ship the minute Kobe and Co. got dumped faster than he bounced from death row after Pac got shot.

+Quote Post
scatterbrain
post May 7 2007, 04:29 PM
Post #9

Rookie

Member No.: 782

QUOTE (truthandbasketball @ May 7 2007, 05:51 PM) *
Wasn't Snoop suppossed to be a Lakers fan??? I distinctly remember seeing a purple and gold basketball court in his backyard on Cribs. Looks like he jumped ship the minute Kobe and Co. got dumped faster than he bounced from death row after Pac got shot.

Lol... I saw him cruisin' on tv back in the day in some old car painted up Lakers' purple and gold. If i'm not mistaken it was signed by the team.

It'd be pretty sweet seeing Kidd return to Dallas. That's what Dirk needs: a top notch 1 guard to run the team.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 09:54 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home