Post #1

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 83

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=roto...owire&type=lgns

Nazr Mohammed: Turns Down Four-Year Extension
RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Saturday, May 27, 2006

Update: Mohammed, a free agent, is not expected back with the team after turning down a four-year extension before the start of the season the San Antonio Express-News reports.

Recommendation: San Antonio is looking to get quicker and smaller after their playoff loss to the Mavericks. Look for Mohammed to generate some interest on the free-agent market, possibly from the Chicago Bulls.

This is a guy the Bulls should really go after.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_B-4-Bulls_*
post May 29 2006, 07:29 PM
Post #2

Guests

cuold b a good bckup

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post May 29 2006, 07:46 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

As a starter: no.

As a backup: yes.

I want Nene from this years FA class. If not, Gooden. Then Harrington. Nazr would be a great pick-up as an inexpensive backup center.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post May 29 2006, 07:50 PM
Post #4

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 3

Mohammed is a solid starter, but I wouldn't pay too much money for him. He can provide size, rebounding and solid defense off the bench. He has very little offensive prowess but somehow finds a way to score (although its almost always ugly).

He would help our low post, but I'd lean towards a scorer like Drew Gooden first.

+Quote Post
RememberThe90's
post May 29 2006, 08:41 PM
Post #5

Bench

Member No.: 83

Nazr would give us 12 and 9 as a starter.

He didn't get enough minutes in San Antonio.

+Quote Post
hammerhead johns...
post May 29 2006, 10:20 PM
Post #6

Bench

Member No.: 22

He brings only one asset to the table: rebounding

He lacks the quickness to play out of the 4, and he is a Gumbi-like figure with no strength whatsoever out of the 5. He is a slightly above average help defender, and a below average man defender.

He's a nice guy to have as your 7th or 8th man, but someone is gonna overpay for his services, and it better not be the Bulls.

+Quote Post
hammerhead johns...
post May 29 2006, 10:34 PM
Post #7

Bench

Member No.: 22

Drew Gooden is an atrocious NBA asset, IMO. They don't call him the NBA's laziest player for nothing. Talk about a cancer.

Isiah Thomas might be interested, though.

And the Cavs? What the fish do they know about putting together a basketball team. Yeah, let's pair up the passing lane-sniping Lebron James with the passing lane-sniping 13 million dollar Larry Hughes and see how that works out in terms of overall man defense. Let's go out and win on the strength of compulsive gambling. Don't worry, if we fish up, you have the quick-footed Ilgauskus/Gooden duo to back us on help defense. laugh.gif That team is peaking as of now. There is no upside. Lebron's Cleveland career = 2nd round and out.

I hope that they resign Drew Gooden. He belongs on a team with absolutely no direction, despite the fact that they have arguably the most valuable player in the NBA to build around.

I don't care if they forced a game 7 against the Pistons. That team is going nowhere in a hurry.

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post May 30 2006, 08:51 AM
Post #8

Starter

Member No.: 118

The thing i dont like about Nazr is that he doesnt have good hands... and i even heard a spurs fan say, on the spurs message board, that lets let him leave and let him go to the Bulls... haha...

As a back-up, i guess i wouldnt mind as long as we dont overpay... But i really want players that can catch and finish strong down low... thats why Nene would be a solid signing IF we dont overpay him. I really hope we dont overpay a front court player the way we overpaid Chandler...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 11:57 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home