> Suns offer Gordon Max deal, NOLA to match
Balta1701-B
post Jul 4 2012, 07:57 AM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

Link
Eric Gordon and the Phoenix Suns have agreed to terms on a maximum-salaried contract worth $58 million over four years.

Gordon, the New Orleans Hornets' star shooting guard, will sign the offer sheet on July 11th.

The Hornets will have three days to match the offer, and sources with knowledge of the team's thinking confirmed to ESPN.com late Tuesday that New Orleans plans to do so.

New Orleans has claimed all along that it will match any offer Gordon receives, but Gordon is hoping the Hornets do not match.

Gordon said Tuesday night that his preference is to play for the Suns, not the Hornets.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Jake
post Jul 5 2012, 09:51 AM
Post #2

Bench

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 109

Throwing NOLA under the bus I see. Sounds like some Matt Forte s***, getting mad when they bring another good player in at your position. I guess it runs deeper than that, but I don't know much of the story. You'd think he'd like being part of the Anthony Davis-led core.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jul 5 2012, 03:58 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 5 2012, 11:51 AM) *
Throwing NOLA under the bus I see. Sounds like some Matt Forte s***, getting mad when they bring another good player in at your position. I guess it runs deeper than that, but I don't know much of the story. You'd think he'd like being part of the Anthony Davis-led core.

I don't think he wanted to be there in the first place...but if he wanted to leave, he'd have played out this season to become unrestricted. Now NOLA will just match this deal, everyone knew he'd get paid.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:12 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home