Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rumor Deal: Chi/Por/Uta
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jul 9 2009, 10:58 AM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

This was on the local radio in Utah, these are the base pieces of the trade not counting all the fillers and stuff:

Chicago: Gets Boozer
Portland: Gets Hinrich
Utah: Gets Ty Thomas and future Chicago 1st

This is the rumored deal without the fillers. To me it's too much. Take the 1st out of it and I'd do it. Maybe even a 2011 1st.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jul 9 2009, 11:06 AM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

I'd jump at it. The future first doesn't bother me at all; getting rid of our 2010 1st rounder saves $1 million + under the cap, and if you replace Tyrus with Boozer, there's every reason to believe that we'd be well out of the lottery next year.

We'd need at least 1 more backup guard, but dump both Tyrus and Hinrich and suddenly we've got the full MLE available under the luxury tax.

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Jul 9 2009, 11:06 AM
Post #3

6th Man

Member No.: 781

Kirk and Tyrus + daft pick for just Boozer?? we better be getting something back from Portland....

i think rudy fernandez would be a could piece to have... international guys always prefer the bigger markets and he's unhappy with portland anyways afaik. he has a team option after next year and could back up salmons at the 2

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jul 9 2009, 11:08 AM
Post #4

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (Sanitarium @ Jul 9 2009, 10:06 AM) *
Kirk and Tyrus + daft pick for just Boozer?? we better be getting something back from Portland....

With the new information about the salary cap levels next offseason, the value of Hinrich dropped considerably yesterday.

Wouldn't someone wind up getting a trade exemption out of a deal like that?

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jul 9 2009, 11:15 AM
Post #5

Superstar

I think the fillers would be one of Blake or Outlaw or maybe if were really lucky Bayless.

"Source" tells me that Jazz R trying 4 a 3 way w/ Port and Chi to send Booze to CHI and PG Heinrich to Port so Blazers don't offer Millsap

http://twitter.com/1280TheZone

Well they can't spell Hinrich's name right, could be B.S.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jul 9 2009, 01:19 PM
Post #6

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

If we land Rudy/Blake/ & Boozer for Kirk/Tyrus/& a #1 I'd be jumping for joy and I'd take back everything I said about management and letting BG go.

I love Rudy.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jul 9 2009, 01:23 PM
Post #7

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

Maybe they'll throw me my boy Rudy in this deal.

I'd love to see Boozer in a Bulls uniform.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jul 9 2009, 01:30 PM
Post #8

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jul 9 2009, 02:19 PM) *
I love Rudy.

He's MY boy.

+Quote Post
soxfan3530
post Jul 9 2009, 01:56 PM
Post #9

Bench

Member No.: 392

here is another version of the rumor. i dont see how the bulls could do this with our already thin backcourt:

http://www.1080thefan.com/pages/2901628.php

+Quote Post
jorgefabregas
post Jul 9 2009, 02:00 PM
Post #10

Rookie

Member No.: 1,933

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jul 9 2009, 11:58 AM) *
This is the rumored deal without the fillers. To me it's too much. Take the 1st out of it and I'd do it. Maybe even a 2011 1st.

I think the Bulls lose the trade on talent, but gain in terms of cap flexibility. This is the last year of Boozer's deal and it's one future 1st that they won't have to pay. I'd be shocked if they got Rudy in that deal. I really doubt that's happening.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jul 9 2009, 02:05 PM
Post #11

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jul 9 2009, 02:56 PM) *
here is another version of the rumor. i dont see how the bulls could do this with our already thin backcourt:

Well the Blazers would have to give up something so I am assuming that would be Blake. Blake and possibly one of their SF's to the Bulls. Or one of their SF's or a SG could go to Utah as well. However it works out I'm sure Utah's main goal will be to take on the least possible salary in return. I think Portland and the Bulls would be stuck assuming the most salary in the deal.

I think the deal would be great for the Bulls. Blake & Boozer vs Kirk & Tyrus. I'll take the downgrade at PG (a defensive not offensive downgrade) and the huge offensive upgrade at PF. Plus the extra cap room. At worst it means that Pargo & Blake will get big minutes. Maybe if we did this deal we'd also consider going out and getting Von Wafer or someone else long term at the mid-year b/c Tyrus's $6M will be off the books for sure and we'd have the option to let Boozer walk (which essentially clears a few million more than what Kirk would be on the books for if we keep him).

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Jul 9 2009, 02:39 PM
Post #12

6th Man

Member No.: 781

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jul 9 2009, 03:56 PM) *

we'd have to be getting a SG from portland in that deal.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jul 9 2009, 03:03 PM
Post #13

Superstar

http://vault.desjalogic.com/rcrweb/podcast.../WAW_7_7_H3.mp3

Bucher talks about this rumor a few minutes in.

+Quote Post
soxfan3530
post Jul 9 2009, 03:30 PM
Post #14

Bench

Member No.: 392

nothing official,but interesting nonetheless...

http://twitter.com/t_time24

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jul 9 2009, 03:36 PM
Post #15

Superstar

Things are starting to get cooking! smile.gif

Sources: Boozer to Bulls discussed
Comment Email Print Share
By Marc Stein and Chad Ford
ESPN.com

Another major multi-team trade might be looming in the NBA with the Portland Trail Blazers, Utah Jazz and Chicago Bulls having discussed a deal that would be headlined by Carlos Boozer and Kirk Hinrich, according to NBA front-office sources.

Sources stressed to ESPN.com that no deal was imminent Thursday and that both Portland and Utah are still evaluating multiple trade scenarios. But two sources with knowledge of the three-team proposal confirmed that there have been substantive talks regarding a trade that would land Boozer in Chicago, Hinrich in Portland and Tyrus Thomas in Utah.

A deal featuring those main components would deliver the elite low-post scorer that the Bulls have been chasing for years in Boozer and furnish Portland with a lead guard in Hinrich that the Blazers are known to rate highly as a potential backcourt mate for Brandon Roy. It's possible that other players would be added to balance out the transaction from a salary-cap perspective if the three teams elect to take these talks further.

Yet even if this deal collapses, sources say it is clear that the Jazz are becoming increasingly open to the possibility of moving Boozer now to increase their financial flexibility to re-sign restricted free agent Paul Millsap.

Despite fresh reports Thursday about the Blazers weighing whether to sign Millsap to an offer sheet, Hinrich is the player Portland prefers, according to one source close to the process, after the Blazers came so close last week to landing the versatile Hedo Turkoglu.

Boozer has only one season left at $12.7 million after declining the option in his contract to become an unrestricted free agent July 1. It's believed that the Jazz are determined to keep Millsap but are concerned about the luxury-tax consequences of signing him to a long-term deal.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:20 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home