Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official DO NOT sign Big Ben thread
The Dude Abides
post Jun 9 2006, 08:50 PM
Post #1

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 65

We already have a defensive only player in Chandler. We need low post scoring, not an aging undersized center who can't shoot free throws or add much offense. I like Big Ben a lot and if we didn't have Chandler he might be a good sign...but we do have chandler.

Besides, it wouldnt make sense to give a max contract to an aging player. We should add other players through FA and the draft. Plus, he has had problems with Carlisle, Brown and now Flip. He will have major problems with Skiles.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HardWorkin'H...
post Jun 9 2006, 09:37 PM
Post #2

12th Man

Member No.: 146

I agree wholeheartedly.

+Quote Post
JPargo
post Jun 9 2006, 09:49 PM
Post #3

12th Man

Group: Banned
Member No.: 97

how do u know he will have problems with skiles. besides him being a 6'9 center has never hurt him before

+Quote Post
HoofHearted
post Jun 9 2006, 10:15 PM
Post #4

Bench

Member No.: 24

Boo to big ben, he's not the low post scoring threat we need. Thumbs up to this thread. He's in great great physical condition, but he's also old and I wouldnt give him a long term deal.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 10 2006, 12:21 AM
Post #5

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 3

Chandler isn't even close to Ben Wallace. Get a legit top 3 defensive player (best defensive center in the league) and move Chandler for another need.

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Jun 10 2006, 12:37 AM
Post #6

6th Man

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 10 2006, 12:14 AM)
Chandler isn't even close to Ben Wallace. Get a legit top 3 defensive player (best defensive center in the league) and move Chandler for another need.

that's reasonable. If we trade chandler, then I would be more interested in signing Big Ben...just not to a max 6 year deal, which is what he wants. You can't have a C and PF who can't score, shoot free throws or post up. Either one or the other.

I'm not a Chandler fan...but I'd rather keep with the youth and add other FA's and hopefully draft aldridge.

+Quote Post
bullkirk
post Jun 10 2006, 04:26 AM
Post #7

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 149

Relax guys Wallace is playing with the pistons because he want a max contract...detroit will give the contract to wallace

+Quote Post
Bullies4Ever
post Jun 10 2006, 08:06 AM
Post #8

12th Man

Member No.: 117

QUOTE (bullkirk @ Jun 10 2006, 04:19 AM)
Relax guys Wallace is playing with the pistons because he want a max contract...detroit will give the contract to wallace

dont be too sure about that.. if u listen to pistons fans.. a lot of them wouldnt mind Wallace leaving.. they want a shake up on their line-up... They would still like to keep him.. but.. i dont think theyre going to give a max contract.. no way...

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post Jun 10 2006, 10:15 AM
Post #9

Starter

Member No.: 118

Ben Wallace is in great shape.... IMO he will still be able to get 9-10 boards for us in 3 years... and in 3 years, Alridge/ Bargnani, will be starting to take off... Also, lets not forget the knicks 2007 pick... And im sure Chandler will get a little bit better/consistent with Wallace here too...

-Is it wrong to control the paint the whole game?? (Chandler/ Ben)

-Is it wrong to dominate the rebounds? ^

-Do you guys know how important it is to control the rebounds??.... Why is it that mostly every1 forgets about this, and underates this part of the game?? What would happen if the Bulls got 5+, or maybe even +10 boards in some nights? blink.gif All while playing good defense throughout the whole game... instead of being a good, ok rebounding team, why not be great?

-Both Chandler and Wallace avrged OVER 3 offensive rebounds a game this season... (and Chandler can get more once he gains more weight, and doesnt get pushed around as much when facing the big guys) Second opportunities ARE HUGE. especially late in the game... that can change a whole game...

-the Bulls were 16th in the league in points in the paint...and im sure the will be better next year... Mostly bcuz i saw the bulls drive in a lot more late into the season w/ consistency... To me it looked like Kirk and Ben finally understood that they have to drive in... Any1 remember when the opponents would shoot like 100+ free-throws compared to us in the beginning of the year? laugh.gif So overall, we're not that bad as every1 thinks in scoring points in the paint... many people think we're just a jump shooting team....

-What i like about Ben Wallace is that you can throw him alley-oops, or in a pick-and-role, ben Wallace can catch it and if the lane is somewhat clear, he will finish strong w/ one hand... That was a BIG problem for us this year... no one could finsih strong to the hoop. Chandler sometimes..... but the bulls couldnt do it too much because of Chandlers bad hands, etc...

-the Bulls avgd around 97 points... and allowed around 97 points.. with better defense, the opponets can avg aound 94-95 points.. maybe even less once every1 is clicking in...

Why is every1 trying to trade Chandler if we sign Big Ben??

-

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 10 2006, 11:16 AM
Post #10

All-Star

QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jun 9 2006, 10:30 PM)
that's reasonable. If we trade chandler, then I would be more interested in signing Big Ben...just not to a max 6 year deal, which is what he wants. You can't have a C and PF who can't score, shoot free throws or post up. Either one or the other.

I'm not a Chandler fan...but I'd rather keep with the youth and add other FA's and hopefully draft aldridge.

Why keep with youth, having a fully young team gets you nowhere. It took Dirk like 9 years to turn them into an NBA championship team. You need good veterans around if you are going to win.

The Bulls have enough youth, plus we'd have at least 1 high pick this year (maybe 2 if we don't trade the other) as well as the Knicks pick next year (which odds are we will be dealing our 1st round pick next year for).

Tyson Chandler may be young, but in our wildest dreams the best we could ever hope out of Tyson is for him to turn into Ben Wallace. Why not just pay Ben Wallace to do that, since we are grossly overpaying Tyson in the hopes that he'll turn into Big Ben.

Than move Tyson and Gordon (maybe something else) for a legit 2 guard (or for a scoring big) depending on whether we go with Aldridge or Roy in the draft. In FA pick up either a SG (if we take Roy, sign a veteran to a 1 or 2 year deal that can play solid defense and help teach Roy) or if we dealt Tyson for a SG (pick up a guy like Drew Gooden) who could initially start opposite Big Ben.

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Jun 10 2006, 11:29 AM
Post #11

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 4

Someone has to want to take on Tyson's deal to trade him...

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 10 2006, 12:25 PM
Post #12

All-Star

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 10 2006, 09:22 AM)
Someone has to want to take on Tyson's deal to trade him...

I would have to think a team out there would be interested in Chandler. Even if its a 3 team deal where 1 team gets an expiring contract, another gets Tyson and we get a guard (obviously some other parts would be going places).

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Jun 10 2006, 02:06 PM
Post #13

6th Man

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 10 2006, 11:09 AM)
Why keep with youth, having a fully young team gets you nowhere.  It took Dirk like 9 years to turn them into an NBA championship team.  You need good veterans around if you are going to win. 

The Bulls have enough youth, plus we'd have at least 1 high pick this year (maybe 2 if we don't trade the other) as well as the Knicks pick next year (which odds are we will be  dealing our 1st round pick next year for). 

Tyson Chandler may be young, but in our wildest dreams the best we could ever hope out of Tyson is for him to turn into Ben Wallace.  Why not just pay Ben Wallace to do that, since we are grossly overpaying Tyson in the hopes that he'll turn into Big Ben. 

Than move Tyson and Gordon (maybe something else) for a legit 2 guard (or for a scoring big) depending on whether we go with Aldridge or Roy in the draft.  In FA pick up either a SG (if we take Roy, sign a veteran to a 1 or 2 year deal that can play solid defense and help teach Roy) or if we dealt Tyson for a SG (pick up a guy like Drew Gooden) who could initially start opposite Big Ben.

is it wrong to have a C and PF shoot 30% from the free throw line?

is it wrong to have neither guy be able to hit a shot from over 8 feet?

is it wrong to want someone who can put their back to the basket and score?

I understand the idea of dominating with rebounds...but we can have another good defensive player who can also play offense...

Also, Chandler has been in the league for 5 years...why would he all of a sudden put on weight? He is what he is going to be...

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 10 2006, 02:18 PM
Post #14

All-Star

QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jun 10 2006, 11:59 AM)
is it wrong to have a C and PF shoot 30% from the free throw line?

is it wrong to have neither guy be able to hit a shot from over 8 feet?

is it wrong to want someone who can put their back to the basket and score?

I understand the idea of dominating with rebounds...but we can have another good defensive player who can also play offense...

Also, Chandler has been in the league for 5 years...why would he all of a sudden put on weight? He is what he is going to be...

Which is exactly why we need to pawn Chandler off on someone else. I want Chandler gone, Wallace here, and a low post scorer added as well as a guard that can CONSISTENTLY score (no Ben Gordon isn't that since he doesn't have a clue on how to get to the free throw line and cant play defense).

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Jun 10 2006, 02:24 PM
Post #15

6th Man

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 10 2006, 02:11 PM)
Which is exactly why we need to pawn Chandler off on someone else. I want Chandler gone, Wallace here, and a low post scorer added as well as a guard that can CONSISTENTLY score (no Ben Gordon isn't that since he doesn't have a clue on how to get to the free throw line and cant play defense).

I'm all for Big Ben if we trade Chandler...but we still need to add another PF low post scoring option...

I like Gordon a lot though, so I have to disagree on that part.

My only concern if we did this would be signing Wallace to a 6 year max deal... Bc in the last 2-3 years of that deal he would be a cap waste.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 11:11 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home