IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Are the Bulls and Pax done making moves, lots of assets....hmmm....
Are there more moves on the horizon?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 35
Guests cannot vote 
The Dude Abides
post Jul 5 2006, 04:49 PM
Post #1

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 65

I like what Pax has done, still think we could add another Big man...but if we go into the season with this squad, we would be entering the season as the 2nd best team in the east.

Can't believe how much better this team is already...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jul 5 2006, 04:52 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

I honestly think we're done. PJ Brown will be our PF for a season then when he is gone, we will re-up our core and make Thomas the starting PF...just my prediction.

+Quote Post
BigBen
post Jul 5 2006, 04:53 PM
Post #3

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 186

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5 2006, 04:45 PM)
I honestly think we're done. PJ Brown will be our PF for a season then when he is gone, we will re-up our core and make Thomas the starting PF...just my prediction.

Thomas better grow an inch and gain 30 pounds then. ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Jul 5 2006, 04:54 PM
Post #4

Bench

Member No.: 56

We are really overloaded at SF position and we still need a big man really... id think there is 1 more trade going to happen. With any luck it could be Chris Wilcox.... although Harrington is also a possibility.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 5 2006, 04:57 PM
Post #5

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 3

We have a ton of assets, but Pax may consider Thomas and Sef still to be pretty raw, especially Thomas. That could mean we don't use them a ton in the eary part of the games as the team develops them and gets them in more so during garbage time.

Sef would be the 3rd PG and the 3rd 2G (with Smith being the backup 2G and Gordon the starter). But between those two spots he should get some minutes.

Than at the 3 you have Deng starting and Noc coming off the bench, but Thomas could get minutes there at the 3 as could Krypata or whatever his name is.

DOwn at the 4, Brown starts, but Sweet's, Noc, Krypata and Allen will all get minutes and at the 5 Wallace will start but you may see Brown there at times, Sweet there at times and even Allen there from time to time.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jul 5 2006, 05:01 PM
Post #6

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

This deal could lead to KG.

Think about it. Maybe just maybe Minnesota wanted J.R. Smith because there are speculations out there that several teams were interested in him. The Bulls trade J.R. Smith, P.J. Brown, Deng, Duhon and next years number one pick.

Or

J.R Smith, P.J. Brown, Tyrus Thomas, Duhon and next years number one pick (from New York)

The T-Wolves purposely give up on next season lose 70 games and get the number 1 pick and potentially another top five from New York. They draft Oden to replace KG.

With the players they pick up and the ones they have the franchise has sick young talent that will only take two or three years to get them back to the playoffs and a few more to do exactly what the Bulls are doing now. Not to mention they will save several million dollars in the process.

+Quote Post
HoofHearted
post Jul 5 2006, 05:02 PM
Post #7

Bench

Member No.: 24

QUOTE (BigBen @ Jul 5 2006, 04:46 PM)

He is supposedly still growing, and it's not hard at all to put on 30 pounds of muscle in a year and a half. People say it's harder to keep on that weight while playing a sport like basketball, but if he puts on some nice lean muscle, it wont be a problem. I have said this here before, I put on 10 pound sof muscle in three weeks a month or so ago, so I dont see how it could be a problem for an athlete of his caliber to do at least that between now and the season.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jul 5 2006, 05:45 PM
Post #8

Guests

QUOTE (BigBen @ Jul 5 2006, 04:46 PM)

hes still growing and he will gain weight. Also might I add, Sweetney will score 15 ppg.. Book It! ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Jul 5 2006, 05:53 PM
Post #9

6th Man

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jul 5 2006, 04:54 PM)
This deal could lead to KG.

Think about it. Maybe just maybe Minnesota wanted J.R. Smith because there are speculations out there that several teams were interested in him. The Bulls trade J.R. Smith, P.J. Brown, Deng, Duhon and next years number one pick.

Or

J.R Smith, P.J. Brown, Tyrus Thomas, Duhon and next years number one pick (from New York)

The T-Wolves purposely give up on next season lose 70 games and get the number 1 pick and potentially another top five from New York. They draft Oden to replace KG.

With the players they pick up and the ones they have the franchise has sick young talent that will only take two or three years to get them back to the playoffs and a few more to do exactly what the Bulls are doing now. Not to mention they will save several million dollars in the process.

I wouldnt give up all those players as well as next years number 1. We are pretty much going to have a top 5 pick next year and nexts year's draft is taylored for us with several big men with all star potential.

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Jul 5 2006, 05:54 PM
Post #10

6th Man

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Jul 5 2006, 05:38 PM)
hes still growing and he will gain weight. Also might I add, Sweetney will score 15 ppg.. Book It! ph34r.gif

sweetney could basically be bonus if he gets into shape and plays to potential.

+Quote Post
danman31
post Jul 5 2006, 06:20 PM
Post #11

12th Man

Member No.: 107

Looking at the guys the Bulls have right now it doesn't quite make sense. They are too many young, valuable guys that are 3rd string. It makes much more sense to put these guys together in a deal for another piece or future picks.

+Quote Post
puckthefistons
post Jul 5 2006, 06:29 PM
Post #12

NBDL

Member No.: 185

Hinrich - Duhon
Gordon - Smith - Thabo
Deng - Noc - Kraypo - Thomas
Brown - Sweetney
Wallace - Allen

There is 13 players (assuming I didn't miss anyone) without Othella or Pargo (Carl Winslow). That is as deep as any 13 in the NBA, not neccisarily better, but deeper than any other team. I say sit on it and if we need something, pick it up at the trade deadline for cheaper.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jul 5 2006, 06:50 PM
Post #13

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

I agree that we could probably get something a lot cheaper at the trade deadline but bringing a big time stud to Chicago sells tickets and starts another remarkable selling streak and spells a championship not just a possible conference final trip.

I would much rather make a hard push at Jermaine O'neal then KG because I think it will cost us less to get him. If Indiana doesn't get Al Harrington they will be more receptive to revamping the team even though they don't want to trade O'neal within the division.

The Bulls are deep, possibly too deep for comfort (because there will be a lot of unhappy players not getting minutes)

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Jul 5 2006, 06:52 PM
Post #14

6th Man

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jul 5 2006, 06:43 PM)
I agree that we could probably get something a lot cheaper at the trade deadline but bringing a big time stud to Chicago sells tickets and starts another remarkable selling streak and spells a championship not just a possible conference final trip.

I would much rather make a hard push at Jermaine O'neal then KG because I think it will cost us less to get him. If Indiana doesn't get Al Harrington they will be more receptive to revamping the team even though they don't want to trade O'neal within the division.

The Bulls are deep, possibly too deep for comfort (because there will be a lot of unhappy players not getting minutes)

I'd hate to trade an asset to Indy and whomever that major asset is becoming a major stud in our division.

plus, oneal's injury's are a major concern.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jul 5 2006, 06:55 PM
Post #15

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 5 2006, 05:46 PM)
I wouldnt give up all those players as well as next years number 1. We are pretty much going to have a top 5 pick next year and nexts year's draft is taylored for us with several big men with all star potential.

I don't think we'd have to if we gave them Smith, Brown, Deng, and Duhon. That's 4 starters we're giving them for one. Lucky for us, we're so deep we can afford to give up that starting talent, and still have a GREAT starting lineup. Depth does become a problem after this, though.

PG- Hinrich, Sefolosha
SG- Gordon, Sefolosha
SF- Noc, Khryapa/Tyrus
PF- KG, Allen, Tyrus
C- Wallace, Sweetney

The only place we lose quality depth here is guard. Now, Thabo could come in and be solid like Noc was his first year, but you never know with rookies.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:47 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home