> Khryapa's contract bought out, Expected to go back to Russia
Balta1701-B
post Feb 6 2008, 09:16 PM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

KC Johnson reports
The Bulls bought out the contract of Viktor Khryapa late Wednesday, paving the way for the seldom-used forward to return to Russia to play professionally.

Khryapa was acquired from Portland in the 2006 draft-day trade involving the swapping of draft rights of Tyrus Thomas and LaMarcus Aldridge. He never cracked the Bulls rotation regularly.

Bulls guard Ben Gordon wasn't available for Wednesday night's game in Portland as his right sprained wrist was bothering him too much to play.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
sport1016
post Feb 7 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #2

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

FWIW I believe it was a 1.9 million expiring contract. Du's is the one around 3. (3.26 million i believe)

There is no reason to buy him out before the trading deadline, especially considering the onslaught of injuries we have had. Without Deng or BG or Kirk thabo is super taxed and we could've used Vic which would have served us even more by showcasing him a bit for a trade.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Feb 7 2008, 12:48 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (sport1016 @ Feb 7 2008, 10:45 AM) *
There is no reason to buy him out before the trading deadline, especially considering the onslaught of injuries we have had. Without Deng or BG or Kirk thabo is super taxed and we could've used Vic which would have served us even more by showcasing him a bit for a trade.

The only reason I can think of for doing so would be if the Bulls had some need for the roster spot.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:59 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home